Can bitcoin shoot to $20k already PLEASE?

can bitcoin shoot to $20k already PLEASE?

We're gonna have to wait until after August.

Down to ~$1300-$1400 first, then we can start the climb to $3kish

Does a hard for effectively double your investment? Honest question. Is it analogous to a stock split?

I was reading about it yesterday and what I read said you get coins on both chains, but I don't fully understand what to expect.

>Does a hard for effectively double your investment?
No because the number of bitcoins would double. It's like if you have a dollar and someone gives you 4 quarters. You didn't quadruple your money.

>I was reading about it yesterday and what I read said you get coins on both chains
Yes. You would get coins on two chains, but unless (((someone))) tries to screw with things, one of those chains would die. The process happens on a smaller scale all the time in what's called an orphan block. So the blockchain would split, but one of those splits won't be supported by miners and will become a dead-end.

not going to happen
it's downhill from here for bitcoin
get in ethereum now before it's too late, because then you'll want to kys yourself
June is the flippening month

Just jump to the ETH ship, senpai.

Actually, 1200 was a pump as well. The real floor is 600.

It wont stay there for long, but that's how low we gonna go.

bitcoin is actually one of the longest pump and dumps in history

Actually no the Mt.gox incedent has not settled down yet, so it will probably get down to 150$ first before 600$.

Not after it dips t0 ~$10

But when the FOMO wears off and people realize ETH is not a store of value, nor a currency, but an inflationary token for use on a computing network the price will come back to levels driven only by demand for use of said computing network.

You really think an asset more akin to oil than gold will become the gold standard of crypto?

Okay. It sounds like how a stock split works. In a 2:1 split, you'd have double the number of shares, but each would be valued at half of the pre-split price.

So say if I have 0.5 BTC and the price in August is $2000. I would have 0.5 BTC.a (valued at $500) and and 0.5 BTC.b (also valued at $500)? In time, one of them would be phased out?

How is this different than what happened with Ethereum? If you had 5 ETH pre-fork and did nothing, wouldn't you have 5 ETH and 5 ETC? Sure, one is worth 15x what the other is worth now, but that doesn't mean those ETC coins are completely worthless, right?

Am I understanding this correctly? Sorry for the noob question.

cool, stay on the launch pad you fucking moron

THANK YOU
WELCOME TO CRYPTO TRADING YOU FUCKING DUMB FUCKS, ENJOY YOUR STAY

>the price I first bought/sold at is the floor

is there a named fallacy for this yet? if not i"m naming it newfag's law. screencap this.

You realize that those companies will make their own tokens and it won't increase the value of your ETH at all right?
Microsoft will launch their own blockchain, maybe using ETH technology, but they will dictate how to give you those coins, and how you can trade them

I'm in both ETH and BTC. I only care about making money.

Don't be a coin fan-boy it's pathetic.

1. ETH becomes a deflationary currency over time
2. It can be used to pay for computing power, but it can also be used to pay for anything else like bitcoin.

Look at what happened to ETH/ETC. One receives wide adoption, the other sort of sticks around depending on how hard people cling to it. It's not really a stock split. More like everyone get bucks and nu-bucks, and they're both worth something different, but almost definitely not the same.

ETH's original purpose is secondary to the function it is currently serving, which is as a mostly decentralized currency that falls outside of the standard channels that restrict currency flow. It's going to keep pulling in money so long as it functions as a better bitcoin than bitcoin itself does.

How is it better though?

gainz nigger