What are the coolest and most important countries of history that get no recognition?

What are the coolest and most important countries of history that get no recognition?

Russia

In pop culture? China and India. They get no love from anyone besides internet nerds.

Iran/Persia, for sure

I'll never understand why they choosed that revolting pixar-tier style for the game.

Bohemia
Novgorod

Speaking as an Anglo, Armenia/Georgia.

This

This

Iran for sure. One of the greatest civilizations of antiquity but they're relegated to cannon fodder for "muh 300 Spartans"

Are you fucking kidding? Chinese movies get insane amounts of exposure to the West. I watched Crouching Tiger, Hero, and Fearless in American theaters.

montenegro

What about the other way around, which countries are the most overrated? To me it's the Netherlands by far, it would be a Bosnia tier country if not for their impact on England.

Mountain nigger.

Whataname

I wanna bang Jadwiga

unironically the USA

>Tomyris included but no Cyrus or Darius

I personally find South Africa to have very interesting history and that gets nearly no recognition

Mexico

Southern India in general. The north always gets more attention because of its importance in ancient times, but it was the south that was generally more important in later periods and resisted Muslims rule. They also invented things like Wootz steel and rocketry.

>in the one corner, we have a globe-spanning trade network and development of modern capitalism
>in the other we have literally Bosnia
>yep, pretty equal impact on world history

Truly makes you ponder

I'd say it's not militarily, but their cultural achievements don't get a fair shake. Everybody does this while at the same time bitching about global Americanization

literally this

TAWANTINSUYU

(Not a very important country in history, but a very interesting one nonetheless)

that character selection is a total mess. is that really what they put in the game?

blatant audience pandering, including countries that aren't even close to being a "civilization" (Poland, Brazil), putting women in where it doesn't make sense, fucking cartoon bullshit, gandhi.....

this looks like it was created entirely on the base of suggestions in a forum where none of the suggestions were critically examined.

kongo?
scythia?
norway?
as for OPs question without a doubt Sumer

>cleopatra isn't an ugly greek

This.

Screw it I am gonna do a Chola Empire thread. Lemme set all my materials up

Obviously Korean. Samurai's origin is Korean Musa. Sumo is originally Korean wrestling Ssireum. Japan stole everything from Korea and asserts they are Japanese culture. Even Japanese emperor is Korean descent.

What should a Veeky Forums newfag definitely do and see when visiting Iran? Will be there for one month this May.

SE Asia is criminally underrated, particularly Indonesia.
>Thai kings dueling on elephants
>Muslim merchant sultanates vs Hindu islanders
>Filipinos so doped up on drugs that they'd keep hacking at you after they'd been shot in the chest, making the US army roll out the dirty harry tier revolvers to have a chance at knocking them down
>Indonesian dictators with confusingly similar names
>Australians betraying their true villainous nature when their European masters stop looking, handing hit lists to the Suharto Junta, imprisoning their own journalists, giving Indonesia the "all-clear" to invade East Timor, stealing their oilfields, sending their own troops to "liberate" the same country after 25 years of brutal occupation and stealing their oil again

LOL
maybe brazil

Is this a joke post? It's not very funny.

We like Korea in the West, don't worry you sad fuck.

Argentina, could have been almost a Spanish-speaking mini-USA

So what happen?

B O H E M I A
O
H
E
M
I
A

Populist shit.
It's a pretty decent country tho.

This guy was elected in 1945 and ruined one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

And now another populist (Trump) has won elections in the USA.

Serbian Sparta

paradox trash get out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>China
>Burma
>Vietnam
>Indonesia
>Korea
>India
>Iran
>The Maghreb
>Mexico
>Haiti
>Brazil
>Southern Africa
>West Africa
>East Africa

The Czechs. Possibly the most based Europeans.

>The Maghreb
>>Mexico
>>Haiti
>>Brazil
>>Southern Africa
>>West Africa
>>East Africa
Are you joking?

Persepolis. It is a bit out of hand, and security has increased thanks to the fear of some lone wolf ISIS cuck trying to dynamite shit up, but it is still one of the neatest ruins I ever visited.

Muh wimmins

Cool, I've always wanted to visit Argentina, seems like the least violent country out of the S.American ones.

Argentina was never industrialized, their entire economy was based on beef exports. Once the beef market crashed, all of Argetina fell with it because they didn't have anything else of value to fall back upon.

Portugal desu.

They explored half of the world and the spanish and english get credit for that.

Argentina was never like the USA. It was a "rich" country GDP and GDPper capita wise mainly because of food exports but it never industrialized, much like user said here
Also, you can't be a independent strong nation when you're sharing an hemisphere with the US.

>being this deluded
Argentina could have never been a power in the world with their historically shit economy based solely primary exportations

People realized Argentina isn't white.

> Never industrialized
Not to USA level perhaps, but it made cars, airplanes, ships and all kinds of stuff. Even nuclear reactors.

Prussia

Quads of falsehood. What a waste.
Yes it did industrialize. It's just that it's a very large country and industrialization didn't happen uniformily.

>Mexico
why not?

>implying there is another way for a country to become rich other than the export-led growth model

>"England (Specifically England)"
>Egypt under Africa
>Scythia, Sumer, and Arabia under Asia

Scythia is questionable, but Sumar and Arabia are totally in Asia.

They and Egypt belong in their own category.

Saudi Arabia

Tada

>Charles II

I don't know much about Spanish history. What's wrong with him?

Thanks user

Its Philip II not Charles

Portugal
Literally start colonialism and the Atlantic slave trade, but everyone lets them off the hook.

Asia was used referring to that region millenniums before people became aware that Chinamen exist.

We don't live "millenniums" ago my nigger.

Charlie did literally nothing wrong

I think Poland, especially Poland-Lithuania is really cool, but in the US at least people generally associate Poland with dumb, backwards Eastern Europeans. It's a shame.

This. Nearly all the people I see on a daily basis don't know that the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was even a thing.

Didnt they mean Charles V?

He set up the War of Spanish Succession.

Canada and Australia had the same type of economy with the same population. In fact Australia remains a raw materials exporter to this day, while 1950s Argentina was designing its own jet fighter aircraft.

Same as Bohemia or Hungary

And today's exports...

Uh no. Hungary sucks and is overrated.

Excuse me, but we like being ignored.

Fuck off.

>Jadwiga
>her only achievement was being married to based Władysław ''Remove Teuton'' Jagiełło

>truly makes you polder
FTFY

You do know what base civ5 was like right

Falklands
It's inability to defend a colony made everyone realise they were ruled by idiots so all broke off.
Praise Chile and their skilled pilots

Any citations on those stolen inventions

>Cleopatra
>Her only achievement was fucking based Julius "Remove Gaul" Caesar

Carlos it should be

Hey /gsg/, how's simulated paint.exe going

>Charles V
Good
>Catherine de Medici
Who?
>Victoria
Good
>Frederick Barbarossa
SUbpar
>Jadwiga
Who?
>Harald Hardrada
Meme civ in the first place
>Trajan
Wrong.mp4
>Pericles
???
>Gorgo
Who?
>Peter the great
Good
>Tomyris
Meme civ
>Saladin
Good
>Gilgamesh
Good
>Gandhi
Meme
>Qin Shi Huang
Okay
>Hojo
Literally who
>Teddy
meme
>Pedro
Meme civ
>Montezuma
okay
>Cleopatra
Meme
>Mvemba a Nzigger
Who?

Pretty fantastic, and Commonwealth was one of the first games i did of EUIV

Holy shit why are you on Veeky Forums?

>Doesn't know fucking Pericles

The rest of this post is questionable but holy shit

>Norway
>Meme civ
Norway in the Middle Ages was huge, including Iceland, Greenland, the Northern Isles and the Faroes. They didn't just include them in the game because "muh vikings".

>>Pericles
>???

Egypt is a part of Africa.

They did, but Norway is still legit anyway.

t. pleb

Frederick Barbarossa is at least a better Representative than Bismarck who never was the top ruler of Germany and Friedrich the great whose biggest enemy was fellow Germans. I would really like Otto the great to get some love though.

Cheers mate!

crouching tiger hidden dragon holds the distinction of being one among a mere handful of films where I've actually fallen asleep while watching

>>Teddy
>meme

reads like one of those /v/tard reactionary posts where all cultures represented in the Civ games (games in general really) should be a somehow objective list of the most "historically relevant", fuck variety because that's a synonym for diversity. Just recycle the same greatest hits list for every fucking game.

how original
Montenegro has its own cultures and traditions and is it's own country, Serbia can fuck off and stop claiming the achievements of others