Why aren't you mining Ethereum right now?

Why aren't you mining Ethereum right now? Literally free money for a one time investment.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake
reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/5x4etf/brainless_ethereum_pool_mining_with_windows_a/
amazon.com/Corsair-AX1200i-Modular-Platinum-Certified/dp/B008Q7HUR0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495638763&sr=1-5&keywords=1200 w power supply&linkCode=sl1&tag=onsimobicom02-20&linkId=b553457e74b491e245c8b51c1fa605ff
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit I bought myself a 1070 for gaming, it mines eth in my offtime. At these rates I make about $3.50 a day (26 MH/s), so 4 months of mining will pay off the card.

I dont know how to start

What website is this?

Spend 2k on a rig and ur good 2 go

Because nobody is selling radeon gpu's right now.

I would but I have a RX 470 so I mine Zcash instead. Much more profitable on this card.

whattomine.com/coins

Eth is the easiest coin to mine, at least that I've tried. Download the wallet and let it fully sync so you can get an address, then get a miner program and find a pool. I use dwarfpool, they take 1% usually. Most pools you have to make an account and sign in to check totals and send yourself the eth you've mined, but not dwarfpool. You just punch in the address, and tell them your IP to authorize payments. They hold the eth for you until you get 0.1, then you can send it to your wallet on your computer. The miner is started with a batch file you edit to point at your wallet address, it's super easy.

Can I mine with a ATI Radeon 5800? It's like a 8 years old graphics card....

no

Get about eight RX 580 cards

Hmm, well I was more curious about setting up mining racks, im not the most knowledgeable about gpus, and mining setups look real neat, but i dont know how to start/run one

Why is CPU mining less effective?

Never mined before, always thought about it, but figured it was always too late. Obliviously the case with bitcoin, but want to see if I can make something off of eth. I've got a single 1080 that I bought for games, etc, would be using that. What program would you download to mine, etc? And does mining actually trash your card after a period of time?

Is is profiteable to mine something using just my PC?
Radeon R9 380 4G

Why do that when you can just dump $2000 into shitcoins and sell when they get P&D'd

would my fury x be good for mining?

I was gonna buy a mining rig til I read that ETH is gonna move away from mining soon.

Depends on power costs. People with cheap power love the R9s since they put out a lot of hashes. They're power hogs however so it's either very profitable, or very not.

It's going to be the same process, just scaled up. How big you wanna go? Getting on a dedicated forum would get you a lot better info than this place.

> select all wallets

0.13-0.14 USD

Well for now im simply curious about it, I need to know a signifigant amount more before I get an idea of the size.
Since you mentioned it, can you reccomend any forums for this?

Doesn't Ethereum like have a fork, you know? So, it's fucked up, right? Are you part of the 10%?

I mine SC but the computer I use is old. I have it set to wake at 1am and sleep at 6am so it only mines when no one in the house is using the internet.
I probably won't even make enough to pay off the extra power cost, but I don't pay the bill :^)

With those digits I have to help. A quick search tells me the highest volume of posts is on ethereum.org's mining forum. I don't have the spare cash to build a miner, but if I did that's where I'd be looking first.

Does it jack with your network? My brother gets nasty lag on his xbox when I'm syncing a wallet, or even have the wallet running after it's synced, but the mining doesn't affect the xbox at all.

I see, thank you for the starting point.

I've got a pc with an i3-4130 and an R9 270x. Used it for gaming a year or two ago, now I just use it for browsing the web. Would it be viable to use this for minig purposes?

Let's hope prices hold so this stays profitable.

I set it that way to prevent lag, but last night I was up after it started and it didn't seem to have any effect. Maybe I'll make it 24/7 and see how it goes.

16 measly dollars a day dude?

Spend your time on something like learning to trade instead

That's on the expensive side. Put your values in a calculator and you'll see how much you're spending in electricity compared to what you make for hashing.

Can I mine with a GTX 980?

The point is that after initial investment and setup you spend zero time on it. This is passive income.
You do nothing but check your wallet every week or so to make sure your coins are coming in.
Yes it's still a good card to mine with.

I got a part time job just to get into Genesis mining.

I swap codes with other popular youtubers and anyone willing to get into an upgrade cycle.

Why mine when you can just guess the privkey and steal peoples wallets?

Why work when you can run credit card scams all day?

I remember mining 12 bitcoins with my 5850 when I was about 17 or 18 (and selling for 7 usd)

I'm still using that card today, looked up mining, but its hopeless. Now I'm mining Burst with 8TB off HDD space I had laying around for a pathetic ~40 cents a day

What program do you use to mine?

>mine ETH
>don't know about incoming POS

The heat is what trashes it. If you kept it -200C, without accumulating frost on it, it would run on its merry way for decades. All about that entropy, brah

Does anyone even know if that will ever happen? Vitalik wont give a definite date from what I can tell.

I heard before nov 1st 2017

A CPU its processor cannot efficiently multiply binary. A graphics card is much better because games use a lot of multiplication for graphics. So it is like optimized for multiplayer.

But I am user.

minable on a single r9 390?

Yes although I would suggest mining zec on the 390.

because i dont know how to

Now that a more people will look into mining ETH from this thread enjoy your reduced profits OP, the more miners there are the lesser the profits.

rig?

You're pulling this with how many GPUs/ASICs?

I'm mining with an r9 390, getting 26 MH/s. Makes like 5 bucks a day and heats up my room as an added bonus. (southern hemisphere here)

19 rx 470

How much time did you take for ROI?

Sauce please.

Bought rigs last year november, initial roi took about 4 months, paid 5.5k$ for parts, so far total revenue is over 30k$ and it could have been a lot more if I just stuck to eth since day 1 and held. Currently you can roi in 2 months or less.

can i mine ethereum into my myetherwaller?

Does SegWit changes something when mining a coin?
Aren't you scared of the ETH going PoS?

Because I only have access to intel xeons.

;_;

I don't believe segwit changes anything with mining, but I am not 100% sure.

I'm not really scared of eth pos as I already made more money than I ever expected. As well as the existance of wall of mining profitability, generally when single gpu makes 1$ of revenue per day, people with high power costs must drop out of the game because they are mining at a loss, I have cheap power so it will most likely not affect me, and after a couple of months when people sell their gpus and claim mining is dead, the difficulty should ease up and mining profits go up again. And with 19 cards mining for 1$ each well, it's almost 20 bucks a day, and 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

Going to PoS just means miners will receive transaction fees as their award for finding winning blocks, instead of receiving newly circulated Ether.

i'm getting 28mhs with mine
on latest driver

>power is free

That's not how POS works.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

It literally says the forgers (what they're called, instead of miners) will receive transaction fees in the first paragraph of what you posted, just like he said.

Am I just being dumb here?

Ethereum just got hacked

can i mine with an i5 2500k and a gtx 560 ti with 4 gigs of ram?

CPU is fine. GPU is not.

i have one r9 280 and one r9 290
is it worth to mine with either of them?

i5 4690k and r9 390 let's dance

Because they're switching to PoS soon.

I've got a 980ti what should I mine and what program should i use?

Can I mine with two different GPUs?

I have a 290x and a gtx 960.

thinking of cashing out ~15k of eth to invest in mining equipment. would prob mine eth and/or xmr. y/n?

Can I invest in a mining operation or something like that?

You can, yes. If you're mining ethereum, just follow this guide (assuming Windows because this is the most technically incompetent board on Veeky Forums): reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/5x4etf/brainless_ethereum_pool_mining_with_windows_a/

inb4
>reddit
It's the easiest guide out there, shut the fuck up and read it.

eth is going to proof of stake later this year, might not be a good idea to invest in mining hardware right now

Mining hardware for ether is pretty much just mining hardware in general. Most altcoins are ASIC resistant nowadays, so investing in GPUs is actually a great option, even longterm; as long as an altcoin is traded on the market for bitcoin, you can earn fiat for mining.

Yes

so wrong

>>don't know about incoming POS
POS?

Bruh I have 4 rx 580s and I'm making 15 a dat. How the fuck are you only making 20 a day

I'm making about 95$ a day now, i'm just talking about potential "death" of mining.

I understand that at some point ETH will swtich to POS, but there will be other coins to mine. Zcash is mineable and I don't see that going anywhere. And Nvidia do much better at mining Equihash.

How much electricity does it consume to run 19 cards?

>spend 2k on a rig
>mine 6 months until ETH switch to PoS
>You now have 3 ETH because difficulty is at peak
>You can't sell your second-hand burned out GPU
>yfw Veeky Forums has good ideas

I have 18 cards ready to go this weekend.

I have to under volt them all and then mine the fuck out of ETH, ZCASH is better for me right now.

5 Radeons = 950watts, which is why I have to get the wattage down.

Sure, other cryptocurrencies and algos exist, but consider that once eth goes POS, all the gpus mining eth will have to move somewhere else, currently there are about 1 million gpus mining eth, they will difficult bomb the other coins to oblivion.
My 3 rigs consume about 2000w total

Nvidia pascal architecture is shit for large memory mining algorithms. You're prob losing money /day from power usage

can you mine with a macbook just to try it out?

You can mine for Verium, there is an osx mining app. On their site.

Want faster ROI? Take your Rx series cards and list them on eBay tonight as they are going for +200. Take cheese and play shortgame with poop coins

Explain then, please.

What kind of power supply do you use for your rigs?
I'm looking at this one amazon.com/Corsair-AX1200i-Modular-Platinum-Certified/dp/B008Q7HUR0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495638763&sr=1-5&keywords=1200 w power supply&linkCode=sl1&tag=onsimobicom02-20&linkId=b553457e74b491e245c8b51c1fa605ff

But I wonder how people set up rigs with 6 cards. Doesn't that put the wattage dangerously close to the 1200w max?

Thanks for all the info user

I use mostly 1000-1200w units for my rigs and that's mostly overkill to be honest, however you do get better efficiency if load is close to 50%. One of my rigs has 7 rx 470s, and it's running on a 1000w gold EVGA gold psu and peak draw is around 800w at wall. Maybe a little close to the limit, but have been running for over half a year now with no hiccups at all, most psu vendors give you like 7-10 years of warranty anyway.

You almost always undervolt the cards these days to get higher efficiency, so to sum it up as long you have ~1000-1200w gold unit with enough pci-e cables, you're pretty much good to go. Unless you plan to run power hungry cards like r9 290/390/fury/1080 TI, then that might not be enough, but with power efficient cards like 470/480/1060/1070/1080, 1000-1200w is perfectly fine.

Thanks user

I was considering making a FAQ/guide for Veeky Forums about mining, I have quite a bit of experience with mining as well as pc building, wondering if there are enough people who are interested in the topic ?

you might as well just take cash from your grandma's wallet

Since I'm too cheap to buy all the parts for a dedicated mining rig I've been using my desktop with 2 rx480's plugged right into motherboard for mining. However, I want to get 2 rx570's to add to the pc, and I need to get some PCIE risers to get them in.

My motherboard is a p8z77-v and the specs sheet for the expansion slots list's this:

2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
2 x PCI

Does this mean the maximum GPU's I could run off this motherboard is 5? I'd imagine the standard PCI slots won't be any good.