Recognizing Arab genocide of Persian Zoroastrians

Hello Veeky Forums,

I would like to request you guys to sign a petition for the UN to officially recognize the Arab invasions of Persia/Iran as genocide.

Here is an example of what the Arabs did to the Zoroastrians:

>To conquer Persia and force Islam, the Arab invaders resorted to many inhumane actions including massacre, mass enslavement of men, women and children, and imposition of heavy taxes (Jezyeh=Jizya) on those who did not convert. By the order of “Yazid ibn-e Mohalleb” in Gorgan so many Persians were beheaded that their blood mixed with water would energize the millstone to produce as much as one day meal for him, as he had vowed.[3] The event of blood mill has been quoted by the generations of Iranian Zoroastrian families to this day, yet our books of history have been silent about it. In recent years however, disenchanted Iranian scholars have been writing about the blood mills and in fact this event has been reported by our historians of the Islamic era. On the way to Mazandaran the same commander ordered 12,000 captives to be hanged at the two sides of the road so that the victorious Arab army pass through. Upon arrival, many more were massacred in that province and heavy tax (Jizya) was imposed on the survivors who did not convert. Some historians have estimated that a total of 400,000 civilians were massacred.[4]

The Arabs also killed dogs, which they viewed as unclean, in order to mock the Zoroastrians who held them dear,

If this bothers you, please sign here:
change.org/p/ban-ki-moon-secretary-general-of-the-united-nations-we-ask-un-to-recognize-the-genocide-of-qadisiyyah-in-636-a-d

Thank you. I would be eternally grateful towards anyone who signs this.

Other urls found in this thread:

ancient.eu/article/485/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Didn't the Persians get their revenge after the Umayyad collapse?

In Islamic culture, you are not supposed to care about what happened to your people pre-Islamically because you were in jahilliyah (ignorance) anyways

The average Iranian would get mad at you for trying to make the spread of Islam (the truth) look bad because Majoosi got hurt in the process

>inb4 Persian diaspora gets mad at me for stating the truth

>In Islamic culture, you are not supposed to care about what happened to your people pre-Islamically because you were in jahilliyah (ignorance) anyways
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Pre-Islamic middle eastern cultures were fascinating, and it's part of your heritage if you're from that region. Jesus, that's a pretty whipped mentality.

...dude we could sit here and whine about everyone pre-1945 trying to genocide LITERALLY everyone

Are we going to sign a petition to recognize the genocide of the Gauls next?

Turks did the same thing with their ottoman history during the government of attaturk. Despite therefore being "whipped", they did a fair bit of whipping.

But that's the facts. That's why no Egyptians goes we wuz kangz or no Iraqi (except Saddam who was probably athiest) goes we wuz sumerians and babylon and mesoptamia and shieet

They don't care. Your history started with Islam. They get angry when their children praise that stuff because they are praising kuffars

>Iraqi (except Saddam who was probably athiest) goes we wuz sumerians and babylon and mesoptamia and shieet
Was he responsible for a lot of the museums and preservation in that region over the course of his rule? I remember reading about the loss of some of those in our invasion when we used the "shock and awe" tactics. That does give me a bit more respect for him.

>saddam
>atheist
bit of a stretch there innit

Meant for

The other guy made that claim, not me.

That wasn't real Islam real Islam hasn't been tried.

I am not in the mood to debate with you.

Iranians still revere their pre-Islamic heritage. It's why they largely retained their Persian language, pre-Islamic myths (e.g., the Zoroastrian epic Shahnameh), pre-Islamic holidays (e.g., Yalda, Nowruz, Mehregan, and more), and more. Saying we had no culture before Islam is very disrespectful. Our history did not start with Islam.

It does not make sense for Iranians to still be Muslim considering it was imposed on them through GENOCIDE. It doesn't make sense to me why a lot of Sufi poets would slide Manichee and Zoroastrian motifs or symbols into their works, or how Shahab al-Din Suhrawardi and Mulla Sadra combined aspects of Zoroastrianism into Shiite beliefs. Perhaps, now is the time we completely abandon Islam altogether. I am sick and tired of it.

If Iranians revere their Pre-Islamic heritage so much, then we need to own up to the fact Islam was brutally enforced on us and simply revert back to Zoroastrianism or another religion altogether.

Mecca is a symbol of oppression to our people.

Ba'athists are renowned for being closet athiests

Islam isn't really something that secularists can deal with for prolonged periods and come off as believers. They are ground down into apostasy if not outright hatred of Islam

Arabs still make reference of it positively. It was a very big turning point in history, the collapse of the Sassanian empire. Watch this:

tinyurl
(dot)
co
m
/
jp2nkyt

Note; Zoroastrian priests were referred to as magi, and these children are justifying that genocide.

Yeah, my bad. But hey, while I have your attention, museums.
Saddam isn't particularly unique in building museums and preserving landmarks, most halfway functioning states since the 20th century do with varying success. As for the US bombing them, during war historical value is pretty much ignored. Consider the turks, who used the parthenon as a munitions depot, and the venetians who shelled it. Neither cared at all for its historical value, just that it was a great place to store ammo and also a great place to shell.
Shit man, when folks like the brits cared about these sorts of artifacts, it was only to the extent that they could be shipped over to the victoria and albert museum.

Ba'athism was started as an explicitly secular thing, not a closeted one. Given their preservation of religious rituals and mores, as well as their later just saying 'fuck it' and being explicitly religious, it seems more accurate to call them closet muslims.

I don't think you really understand culture, or why it persists or changes over time. It's why pre-Islamic Iranian heritage perplexes you even though you seem convinced it's an inherent trait of Islamic culture to actively scorn pre-Islamic times.

The reason Iran still has a connection to pre-Islamic culture is because Iran's pre-Islamic culture was actively transcribed and spread by post-Islamic Iranians who thought it was important. The reason this did not happen for Iraq, Syria, or Egypt is because the culture of Sumer or Ancient Egypt had long since vanished to time or Christianized entirely.

There was no Shahnameh equivalent for Egypt because the oldest traditions at the time of the Arab conquests were basically Greek and/or Christian in character, with thoughts of pharaohs and mummies just as forgotten to time.

I never said you have no culture before Islam. I said jahillyah culture is frowned upon throughout the entire Muslim world. Retaining language and some holidays doesn't mean much. Perhaps with Twelvers you are a bit more lax considering you stretch alot of other Islamic edicts. But Karbala is still holier to you than any Persian ruin.

Dude, Persians weren't the only people brutally subjugated in the spread of Islam. Everyone was. Arabs perhaps the worst actually. Also don't forget the black Africans enslaved and castrated for over 1000 years (including by Persians) and you don't see them whining or apostatizing. This doesn't make you unique and isn't a case for leaving Islam

And be honest, you will never revert to Zoroastrianism. You will stay Muslim or become ultra secularized "Muslims" akin to the modern Western European "Christian". Dems the breaks

another edgy persian diasporazade thread

>is because the culture of Sumer or Ancient Egypt had long since vanished to time

Absolutely wrong and proof you know nothing about late antiquity cultures in the Middle East.

"hurr durr rome got to dem all" is not an argument. Try harder.

In Tabaristan there were local dynasties that were still Zoroastrian until around the 15th century. The Paduspanids were most notable (Dubayids were shorter lived).

The Shahnameh was based off oral tradition, and the reason Islam persevered is largely due to Islam giving Zoroastrians dhimmi status. They were heavily persecuted and taxed (jizya), and even the Safavids would frequently persecute them.

After the Arab invasions of Iran, many Persians in Greater Khorasan only outwardly followed Islam, but they still retained Pre-Islamic traditions and even some Greco-Buddhist elements during Samanid Empire. Islamization was not a fast process, but the Arab invasion did involve genocide and tensions between Arabs and Persians.

Ba'athists have to deal with near daily plots hatched in mosques by Ikhwan agents to kill them and seize power. They become embittered towards Islam after a while of this, because if you aren't riding high on some "fuck you" to the West/Israel, you will have to watch your back constantly because at the end of the day, most shiekhs and people who listen to them consider secularists of any kind, non-Muslim

Look at Ataturks. How exasperatedly he said "if only I could make them Christian" and how after saving the country from being divided and turned it into a modern state with a non-shitty economy he is STILL shat on to this day by Muslims, and was almost assassinated. And that is the absolutely best of the secularists with by far the most fervent support. There is a reason most Arab leaders are completely insanely brutal; it's necessary to some degree if you want to keep being a leader

I will travel to Yazd, Iran and be converted soon.

I have ripped and desecrated Korans.

Damn Karbala. Cteisphon's ruins are far more important to me, about as equal as Persepolis.

Welcome to Colonialism bud.

It's also worth noting that Iranian propaganda during the Iran-Iraq war really played up their persian heritage, albeit with the whole Zoroastrian thing brushed over.

>these savages in Arabia Felix will NEVER threaten our lands

t. Heraclius

Pride goeth before destruction, Mudslime.

pray tell how much of the egyptian culture survived during coptic era
most if not all the ancient egyptian monument destruction was done by pre islamic christians.

Not that guy but are you stupid?

Rome and Christianity destroyed every trace of Egyptian identity or culture

>sign a petition for the UN to officially recognize the Arab invasions of Persia/Iran as genocide.

>14 centuries ago

Does the U.N. really do this?

Check here:
Arabs still make reference of it positively. It was a very big turning point in history, the collapse of the Sassanian empire.

Whether it was 1200 years shouldn't matter because the Arabs still mock the Persians over the genocide. It is still more relevant than ever.

Triggering your psychological defenses won't change the facts either today or tomorrow.

>B-but this and that church claims to follow cultural traditions that stretch back to ancient ____
It's honestly sad how so much of the second and third world desperately cling to old romantic European archaeology and can't move on.

So an embittered Saddam, hateful of the devout muslims who put him to the gallows, chooses his last words as “I bear witness that there is no god but God and I testify that Mohammed is the Messenger of God. I bear witness that there is no god but God and I testify that Mohammed…”

Attaturk was not a ba'athist.

>1200
~1400***

Arabs make positive reference to the 700 year subjugation of Spain. In fact, that is the most bragged about because of muh Andalusia golden center of learning and tolerance for all religions. Do you see Spanish people crying about that?

So we need UN resolutions for literal /int/-tier shitposting memes?

I am saying the Arabic Islamic campaign should be defined as a genocide and acknowledged as such. How people respond to this fact is not something that can be controlled, but one cannot dismiss the reality of facts.

Many liberal scholars try to use doublespeak and argue the Islamic conquest was not equivalent to genocide.

Atheists often pray just before death as well. Death is scary, and it is human to have that reaction

Meanwhile in life, Saddam was a blood hungry monster who let his sons do whatever the fuck they wanted, torture and rape included on pious, poor Muslim people. Ain't nothin' devout or Muslim about that.

>Many liberal scholars try to use doublespeak and argue the Islamic conquest was not equivalent to genocide.

Here we go again.

The UN should come out and say the expansion of Islam was based off genocidal campaigns, especially towards Zoroastrians and then list other minorities. Then they say nothing more.

This will make people more honest towards the death cult that is Islam, very similar to Aum Shinrikyo in many ways.

Okay, but then I'm sure this will open the gates to many Persian crimes, like the attempted genocide of Greeks.

It's comforting

That's what religion is for

My brother is as fedora as it gets and he still recited Sh'ma when he thought he was going to die in Afghanistan

Nice sources, retards. Your hastily googled Wikipedia knowledge demonstrates so much to me, as always, and has truly convinced me Islam is the light!

Only no, it hasn't at all and your credulous attempts to ascribe your genocide to the Romans are quite pathetic especially as your kin in modern times continues to destroy ancient ruins to this day.

You people despise heritage, culture, and light. That is why no sane man should ever be Muslim.

The Persian wars with Greeks did not constitute genocide and was not on the scale of Arab invasions of Sassanian Empire. The Zoroastrians would discourage rape, rapine, and more. That's not to say it wasn't brutal, but war does not necessarily equal genocide. I presume you are an Arab, correct?

I wonder whether you feel the same wih Sassanian incursions towards asia minor or achamenid invasions of europe as genocide too

Zoroastrians were proud of chruches they destroyed, read the inscription of kartir

Alright, how about the faith campaign of 1994?
>eanwhile in life, Saddam was a blood hungry monster who let his sons do whatever the fuck they wanted, torture and rape included on pious, poor Muslim people.
Shi'ite muslims tho.

>nice sources
okay I'll play, read shenoute of atripe, read about his muh jesus muhfucka chimpout.

Coptic destruction of antique heritage is well documented by seondary sources, but you will probably discard them as `librul propaganda` so I'm giving you a primary source.

>The Persian wars with Greeks did not constitute genocide and was not on the scale of Arab invasions of Sassanian Empire

Nice sources, retard. Your hastily googled Wikipedia knowledge demonstrates so much to me, as always, and has truly convinced me Zoroastrianism is the light!

Only no, it hasn't at all and your credulous attempts to ascribe your genocide to the Arabs are quite pathetic especially as your kin in modern times continues to destroy ancient ruins to this day.

You people despise heritage, culture, and light. That is why no sane man should ever be Zoroastrian.

Wew, being retarded is harder than I thought.

>One 4th century monk is my source for the supposed Roman "genocide of Egypt"

LOL dunecoons will try anything

More "genocided culture"

>literally raze cities to ground
>not a genocide guise gayreeks totally deserved it

Why was the islamophobia thread deleted

I guess this thread will do to show that islamophobia is totally justified

He'd been spending years since the 90's backtracking his shit from the 70s and 80s and playing up his religious authority. It's not as if this was a sudden volte face on the gallows, bruv. Especially since Saddam did not die a cowardly death, for everything loathsome about the guy he delivered a calm speech while also backtalking his executioners. Nothing suggests he was falling back based on cowardice.

YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO!

>one source
Again plently of scholarship is done under christianization and hellenization of near east and egypt, don't expect me to do your homework for you. I can copy paste a dozen books and you will just brush them off as you brushed shenoute (do read his hagiography though, a very interesting guy)
I'm not a muslim. Do not assume anyone who disagrees with you is an arab or muslim apologist.

I'm arguing against your notion of 'ancient egyptian/sumerian cultures survived into late antiquity'' which is wrong. Both Hellenism and Christianity destroyed/transformed/mutated the culture, by late antiquity the ancient egpyt as you know of did not existed.

Arabs/muslims did indeed destroyed a culture, but it was the coptic/helleni culture not the ancient egyptian culture.

Your premise is the Arabs wiped out Zoroastrianism, yet we know they did not as it not only survived until today, but survived in large numbers until the Safavid period. Most pogroms that did cull the Zoroastrian population were internal under the direction of native Iranian Muslim dynasties, and would be akin to blaming the destruction of Gallic paganism on the Italians.

SIGNED

Being mocked by Arabs should be the least of your worries. The U.N. recommends that preserving ancient culture is mainly your responsibility. That is, if other Iranians actually think like you.

>I READ IT GUYS HONEST HONEST
>I'M JUST TOO LAZY TO POST EVEN THE NAMES OF THE BOOKS I SUPPOSEDLY READ IN FAVOR OF MY ONE MONK THAT PROOOOVVEEEES ROME GENOCIDED EGYPTIANS LMAO

And there's where I stopped taking you seriously, mudslime. Go back to skeletonchan /islam/ where you belong.

again, not a muslim fuck allah and mohammad sideways
you are just strawmaning.

Actual Iranians care about preserving culture. This guy just wants to push his utopian nightmare on everyone else, like a radical feminist shit-talking about the patriarchy while actual women historians are busy studying ancient cultures and attitudes towards matriarchy/patriarchy.

I never said Greeks deserve it. I'm saying it doesn't fit under the definition of genocide, and the Zoroastrians were encouraged not to rape, rapine, or anything of that sort. War does not necessarily equal genocide.

I am not the same guy who posted that, and I have studied Persian heritage/history deeply. I simply want people to acknowledge the Arabic invasions of Sassanian Empire was genocide, and when Arabs positively make mention of it that they are condoning genocide.

Not a single book title posted, sad!

If you've read so much, surely the names should be easy to recall at a moment's notice?

Considering they have such definite proof for your "roman genocide of egypt" """"hypothesis""""?

It's important to note Kartir did discourage rapine in wars. His inscriptions mention it. He was not as evil as you think.

Here is your book Religion in Roman Egypt: Assimilation and Resistance, by Frankfurter

And I don't get you what is your argument? romans/christians dindu nuffin they go to church they good bois? Egypt was all fine and dandy until mudslimes came? That is plain wrong. Again do read about scholarship of Christianization of Egypt. While Romans and Hellenes transformed the ancient egyptian culture albeit with very little hostilty (there were few exceptions of course) late antique Christians were pretty hostile. Egypt had plenty of transformation post 4th century. In a very aggressive way.

another primary source for you, check out Codex Theodosianus 16.10.

>Considering they have such definite proof for your "roman genocide of egypt" """"hypothesis""""?

Not him, and no one is saying genocide, because that's as retarded as the OP. He's saying Ancient Egyptian culture had long disappeared by the eve of the Arab Conquests, which is plain fact that almost no one in the field disputes. It's your position that's the oddball and needs even one source to back it up.

He gave you one, you didn't, so as far as the argument is concerned you're losing 0-1.

>In analyzing the fate of the Egyptian oracle and of the priesthoods, the function of magical texts, and the dynamics of domestic cults, Frankfurter describes how an ancient culture maintained itself while also being transformed through influences such as Hellenism, Roman government, and Christian dominance. Recognizing the special characteristics of Egypt, which differentiated it from the other Mediterranean cultures that were undergoing simultaneous social and political changes, he departs from the traditional "decline of paganism/triumph of Christianity" model most often used to describe the Roman period. By revealing late Egyptian religion in its Egyptian historical context, he moves us away from scenarios of Christian triumph and shows us how long and how energetically pagan worship survived.

That's astonishing, how hard the book and Frankfurter seem to completely disagree with your """"hypothesis""" about the roman """"genocide of egypt""""!

Almost like you cited a book you've never even read!

Arabs, indeed, did destroy a lot of books on Zoroastrian beliefs. It is debatable what percentage of literature was loss, but most scholars agree it was significant. The core of the teachings are still there, but a lot was lost.

Also, over 400k Zoroastrians died thanks to the Arab invasions.

See He very clearly said transformed.

Incidentally, that's actually what also happened in Muslim Iran.

Real Iranians would realize to truly preserve culture involves abandoning Islam and going back to Zoroastrianism, or perhaps, a new religion. Beyond very few Sufi poets, Islam is monstrous.

>no one is saying genocide, because that's as retarded as the OP.
Only those who are mixed with Arab or have investments in Arab countries (UAE especially which relies on slavery) would deny the Arab conquests of Zoroastrian Iran were genocidal.

Yes yes, and coincidentally this definition of real Iranian suddenly excludes the vast majority of living, breathing Iranians and at once places you, our enlightened true Iranian, at the forefront of the heroic movement to save them from their ignorance.

I used the book on my thesis
I never used the word genocide you are putting words into my mouth
My point, again I'm repeating this for the 3rd time is this, In Late Antiquity the ancient egyptian culture was changed, Romans-Greeks and later on Christians changed it, among them Christians being the most aggresive.

I never said there was "genocide" again you are putting words into my mouth, but Christians did chimped out, with riots, destruction of temples and monuments, (again hence I cited Shenoute) etc

Also read works of Watts albeit his focus is more on pagan elite
City and School in Late Antique Athens and Alexandria
and
Riot in Alexandria: Tradition and Group Dynamics in Late Antique Pagan and Christian Communities

see
>Rome and Christianity destroyed every trace of Egyptian identity or culture

>every trace

>pray tell how much of the egyptian culture survived during coptic era

>is because the culture of Sumer or Ancient Egypt had long since vanished to time or Christianized entirely

Your post cites something later in the thread as an attempt to move the goalposts from "genocide" to mere "transformation".

Regardless, Egyptian culture CLEARLY survived Rome and Christianity, so you're wrong, Mudslimes. Deal with it.

>abandoning Islam and going back to Zoroastrianism, or perhaps, a new religion.

Muslim Iran was more a displacement of Zoroastrian Iran, but with fragments of Zoroastrian Iran still existing.

It's time we displace Muslim Iran with either going to Zoroastrian Iran or with something new.

Islam is a religion that was founded on bloodshed and genocide. It is irredeemable. The world is better off without it.

see
Goalpost shifters will gain no quarter with me. The discussion ITT clearly started with "EGYPT HAD NO TRACE OF ITS CULTURE AFTER ROME AND CHRISTIANITY" which is factually wrong.

ALBIGENSIAN CRUSADE WAS GENOCIDE
APOLOGISE

seeYou are delusinal if you think Late antique coptic egpyt was same as ancient egpytian culture

the language was different the religion was different the polity was different. It fucking changed

stop labeling anyone who disagrees with you as a mudslime, and do read the fucking books rather than the books.google.com summaries

You underestimate the extent of Persia-Arab hostilities. Many Iranians are fed up with Islam and want nothing to do with it, especially given its bloody advent.

>shift goalposts
>attempt to claim you're right with the new goalposts after you've shifted them

LOL

Let me guess, replacing coptic with arabic was a good thing to you? God it's so easy to tell where the mudslimes are.

>he moves us away from scenarios of Christian triumph and shows us how long and how energetically pagan worship survived

You should pay attention to this part. His thesis is that paganism survived in very transformed ways for a while longer than others assume. But if you actually read it, and not just skim for anything that only helps your ideology while ignoring everything else, it goes on to explain how this as well died out over the course of centuries of internecine church politics.

>tipping intensifies
Tell that to the blood of the Zoroastrians who energized the blood mill.

The blood mill still exists in the hearts of every Muslim.

You mock the death of my ancestors.

Ah yes, even better, not only is he the hero they need, but they've also secretly waiting for his messianic guidance as well. It's like a physical, concentrated form of autistic cliches.

Okay okay let me get this straight. The mudslimes ITT backflipped from "EGYPT HAD NOT AN OUNCE OF ITS CULTURE AFTER ROME" to "w-wel paganism survived for centuries during christianity and egypt's culture t-transformed over time"

Then that transformed culture was wiped out by islam. Deal with it.

>EGYPT HAD NO TRACE OF ITS CULTURE AFTER ROME AND CHRISTIANITY" which is factually wrong.

again plenty of egyptian culture was destroyed by the time of 600 A.D.

are you implying Egypt of say 800 B.C. pre persians was extactly the same as Egypt just before 600 A.D.

now before you answer that lets go back to my question
>pray tell how much of the egyptian culture survived during coptic era
answer is not much

I really hate ad homs but
I'm not an arab
I'm not a muslim
I'm a georgian phd fag and my focus is on Paganism under Theodosians, I know works of Frankfurter and watts due to my examination

I'm not saying this as "I'm a phd therefore you must accept everything I say" but please stop labeling me as an arab apologist.

Late Antique egypt differed quite a lot from Ancient Egypt. Even with regards to Egyptian paganism, the Egyptian Paganism of 400 A.D. was QUITE A FUCKING LOT different than egyptian paganism of new kingdom.

I actually read the book, so it's on you now to do the same or at least stop pretending like your personal feelings are a substitute for research and study.

Keep mocking me Arab, but realize I am most likely more successful than you.

>I'm going to LARP as a PHD and continue to post no sources while I backpedal far far away from "Rome and Christianity destroyed every trace of Egyptian identity or culture"

lol i'm done here.

>p-please admit islam did nuffin wrong user

No.

>, the Egyptian Paganism of 400 A.D. was QUITE A FUCKING LOT different than egyptian paganism of new kingdom.

and it ceased to exist under Islam.

Can Zoroaster take the knot?

Mmm yes, can't forget the 'all dissenters are subhuman, jealous, and probably also whatever ethnicity I'm most angry at' trope.

It ceased to exist by the start of the 6th century actually.

This

The muslim apologists ITT won't get that though. Apparently subverting the native millennia old language with arabic and forcing islam onto the populace is okay because at least it's not the evil Romans!

It's sad how far modern liberalism has fallen.

Persians and Arabs will never be friends, for Arabs refuse to acknowledge basic facts, such as how the Islamic invasions constituted genocide. You even make films glorifying it.

I don't hate anyone. I just want basic facts to be nationally recognized. Islam began with bloodshed and genocidal expansion. This is not debatable.

The last pagan Egyptian temple was converted to a church FYI.

>lalalalal I don't wanna believe you lalalala
whatever man, believe what you want.
More caveats for you
1-Again Paganism also changed do not compare late antique paganism in egypt with ancient egyptian religion
2-Secondly While paganism did survived up until 5th and up to 6th and even 7th century (we know some post Justinian emperors persecuting pagans still) the coptic damage to the religion in egypt was quite large.There are plenty of hagiographies and law codes and records
It's dunning kruger effect, he is a 15 year old edgy diaspora boy, you expect too much from him tbqh
Actually some pagans survived in islam, 'sun worshippers' in northern med managed to exist up until 19th century but I'm ignorant about how much of the pagan culture survived when caliphate was established

my estimation is by 700s paganism was dead, with very few exceptions. And I do believe the reign o Justinian did the most damage to pagans, People like shenoute chimped out yes but I do believe the biggest persectuion of paganism came under Justinin, we have records of riots, mass missionary movements etc. But I do have to research more to back it

In this article, you don't see the mention of Islamic conquest in Persia:
ancient.eu/article/485/

There is no debate that the Islamic conquest was very genocidal, yet most historians don't mention it when discussing genocides in antiquity.

>shift the goalposts
>pretend you're right because you shifted the goalpost
>expect people to still debate with you seriously

One of the stupidest """PhDs""" I've encountered on Veeky Forums.