Explain to me how billions of people across the world put up with working a 9 to 5 or working for a boss?

Explain to me how billions of people across the world put up with working a 9 to 5 or working for a boss?

How hasn't there been a complete makeover of this bullshit yet? Everyone just seems to accept that they're going to go to work five days a week at forty hours until they're close to death?

Like??????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KW8hfO6ysM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have to eat. People are brainwashed and retards.

Yes, the mental health system scoops them up, meds them up, and sends them back to work

easy
they were idiots and procreated

It's fucking baffling, honestly

How fucked is our world that we are absolutely required to work for some faggot to survive?

>absolutely required

That's where you're wrong, kiddo

Use your brain and show your worth. Slaves have a slavish nature. Do you want something more?

You are always required to work, often for someone that is smarter and more capable of doing a higher level of management than you are.

What should you be having a problem with is how boomers and the state somehow managed to destroy the greatest boom in economic productivity in less than one generation

Do you, waggie?

For a majority of people, it's right though.

Sure, you can break off and do your own thing like start a business or something but how many people are going to be successful doing so?

Of course I want something more. Everyone on this board wants something more

>required

You can apply this attitude to many things.

Most people take the path of least resistance.

Most people don't want to fuck about with Linux so they use Windows or Mac.

Most people don't want to fuck about with the complexities of becoming an Entrepreneur, business owner or trader so they take the easy route.

How often are you working for someone smarter instead of compared to someone who has been in your field longer or somebody who has more access to capital?

Sadly, you just get used to it.

I am a corporate slave consultant. I make $162k a year and I hate my life. I did not spend 14 consecutive days in one time zone last calendar year (know this from doing taxes).

I take amphetamines in the morning in order to function and then sleeping pills, alcohol, and the occasional marijuana if I'm in Cali Colorado or Washington.

Leaving my job June 30 with nothing else lined up.

Couldn't be fucking happier. OP hit me right in the feels. Wage slavery is death.

Good point

Still though, blame boomers for this

At least you get to travel

Sitting in the same fucking office in the same fucking city day in and day out is fucking suicidal

No everyone is been build to start their own business.

I'm a consultant who never, ever gets to travel. It's fucking baffling, I know, because I love to travel and I hate this goddamn job. I'm here to make enough money to be able to not have to work again and get out. Whatever helps me get there faster is good. That's all I know. If I decided to start a business, I don't know what I'd do for people or how I'd do it.

Let's switch.

going through all of highschool i always intended i would never go to post secondary because i knew nothing would change from my current situation but i have even been ridiculed and called a retard numerous times from people actually telling me to seriously go to college or something.

whenever i asked them why or why they are going to they would never have an answer and just say something "uhh because you have to". but it doesnt matter what my hops and dreams were or how i wanted to take a different path and even just live off a backpack or be a hippie because it was always the same thing their parents tell them to do, almost like you completely ignore who you are and finding out who you are when growing up

Back when slavery was legal, the owners paid an inflation adjusted $40,000 for the slave's shelter, food, clothing. Now many years later the average income is just north of $40,000.

>Really ionizes my castor seeds

It's a trap prize. I average around 20 hours a week traveling, the constant change and inability to form routines is killer on the body. The only people over 25 who enjoy this work are people who are unhappy with their lives at home. Lots of my co-workers have affairs with each other

3 years of living out of a suitcase so my bosses can make money is no way to live.

Pal, at least 90% of humanity is content with letting others be the lead. They just want their basic needs met, a little luxury now and then and above all else - stability. Knowing that on day X they'll receive X amount of money makes their life predictable and therefore the future less scary.

Personally I'm 50/50 on this topic. I'll be more than happy if I earn 150k/year in the future, plus I don't have to waste time a single thought on my job after leaving the office. But being an entrepreneur means working nonstop. As a lazyfag, this doesn't bode well with me.

I know you say it but... I just wish I could do it.

Assuming you're traveling to other countries I mean. If it's just the US I'm not so sure.

Questions:

>Explain to me how billions of people across the world put up with working a 9 to 5 or working for a boss?

They are forced to by their circumstances. It is not a choice. Thus, no freedom.

>How hasn't there been a complete makeover of this bullshit yet?

People are fearful that if other people weren't forced to work, they wouldn't have, or be be able to consume at their current or preferred level.
Answer:

>Everyone just (((( accepts ))) that they're going to go to work five days a week at forty hours until they're close to death.

Yes. Many people die before retirement, and many very soon after.

Lmao, 21 years old, never worked a day in my life, I am doing online business about to sell my website for $15k

I am also in uni and I see all poorfags with eyebags crying how they have to save on food while I am eating take out everyday.

Literally
Never
Worked

Then again I have the personality for it, I accepted that if I fuck up financially and have to slave for the rest of my life in a cubicle I will take a shit ton of LSD, hop on a freeway and try to dodge as many cars as possible before crashing

Nope purely domestic, put in around 200k miles a year because I have to do a ton of transcons. I've got the highest status on American and JetBlue (only one level) so I get bumped up to first a lot but that's just a slight sliver lining.

Work in a field that's heavily regulated by the government so no need for overseas travel.

just swallow a bullet m8, nobody deserves to die for your mental retardation

The only thing that keeps me going is that im going to rob one of the directors of the company i work for.

nobody deserves my scammy products yet I am living a dream. Have some chutzpah.

also

>putting LSD on every newschannel because you are a gutless shitbird

have some decency for once

out of the way bum, your breath smells ;)

Woah, you're 21 and you've never worked? That's unheard of

now this is a quality post

we don't need to give the oppressive overlords any more ammo

>virgin neet with 20k networth playing rough on an anonymous imageboard

lmaoing

Yes some people like being productive

chill dude

Crypto is that makeover. Decentralized free markets for everything. There will no longer be corporations or even governments. Global anarcho-capitalism is the future.

More and more people do not put up with it. They often end up on disability, on drugs. I see it everyday working in a property management company. Probably 60-70% or more of our units are rented to people on some form of support (ODSP, Ontario Works, etc). Most of them smoke, drink, and do drugs excessively. It's very sad to see an under-class grow and grow within your own city.

People need to be apart of something bigger than themselves to live optimally. They need a job at the very LEAST, they need a family, and they need to engage with the larger community too. I'm very afraid to see the outcome of UBI, something being experimented with in Ontario. Many seem optimistic, but I think we will see a class of people living hand-to-mouth on whatever the government will give them, and they will always vote to get more.

If you're really bored or stressed by your job you are likely over or under qualified. You have to find an area where you can be relatively competent, but still challenged. People want to contribute and be productive and when that is taken away from them they become destructive.

>p-please my asshole is gaping

k bb

>3 years of living out of a suitcase so my bosses can make money is no way to live.
Brutal. At least you're a well paid slave. Hope you invest in crypto and have 3 mil in the bank.

You must be trolling.
You dont have to do shit you can go live on The side walk in Manhattan and never have to work a day in your, literally your dream and you deserve it kid. You should hurry up i saw a nice spot outside Penn station that was vacant.

You literally know nothing about the world. Continue watching your anime and jerking off to 2D waifus please

At least their more real than the bullshit I'm reading on this fucking board.

> Implying that computers and automation didn't or aren't reinventing the way we work.

Bro, we have already been unshackled. Just because you work a drive thru window doesn't mean the rest of us are stuck in the 19th century... You've simply been left behind.

>smart post on Veeky Forums
>no reply
everytime

Worse than gibs voting for gibs, it's likely we will see more ideological extremism and curtailing of liberties. Many modern Western terrorists are born in the country they attack. There's a reason these kids of immigrants who live a more comfortable life than their parents turn to extreme violence. Consumerism is not a self-sufficient story.

Nigger, only slaves see others as 'managers'. You're either shilling for the jews, or you've got diabetes from kool-aid and there's no escape from paying the pharmaceutical/insurance industry for insulin to barely stay alive.
Kill yourself.

>the face when I've already relocated to soft, cushy Washington state. The taxes are fucked, but the weed is the best you'll ever eat/drink/vape/smoke/inject/rub_on_skin. Welcome to your new life, user.

Listen, wagie. Can you stop making so much noise on your way to work? You sometimes wake me up, but even when if I'm already awake it's still annoying to have to listen to you raging in the morning. I understand that you're angry at your situation, but please have some consideration. Thank you, wagie.

Wakie wakie ragie wagie. You better get up early so you can eat your breakfast and not starve half your workday, you have to stay healthy so you can help Mr Goldstein buy a new sailboat. Another day, another dollar.

if you've been pulling 162k a year for a few years you can now afford to chill for a long time assuming you have an intelligent and frugal lifestyle. what's wrong with that. i'd be willing to become a drug-fueled wageslave for 162k

same, but i'm a bit older. looking back uni was the biggest waste of time and money of my life, and i'd be waaay ahead if i had skipped it entirely. maybe something for you to consider. intelligent, driven, creative and tech-minded people can conquer the world from their moms basement in this day and age. fuck education on rails.

let me tell you about the jews user

I applaud those of u that have made it and didn't even have to work a 9-5 ever, good for you kiddos, good for you, you are part of the new wave of the future

> I think we will see a class of people living hand-to-mouth on whatever the government will give them, and they will always vote to get more.

Really doesn't make sense when you think about it.

>More and more people do not put up with it. They often end up on disability, on drugs. I see it everyday working in a property management company. Probably 60-70% or more of our units are rented to people on some form of support (ODSP, Ontario Works, etc). Most of them smoke, drink, and do drugs excessively. It's very sad to see an under-class grow and grow within your own city.

At the turn of the century, and until halfway about, the state paid for things called sanitariums which you could voluntarily be admitted to. They were largely self-contained. The hope was that people had an escape hatch they could go and somehow get well so they could rejoin society. Many did not of course, because psychological problems are real and prognoses are not really good for those kinds of problems.

Physical problems counted as wellas old age. Really, any kind of infirmity.

The Sanitariums had a small staff. Trusted residents fulfilled the different functions of the sanitarium. You could work as a janitor, a gardener, a handyman, a plumber, a cook, a launderer. Or, if you couldn't, you didn't have to.

Society viewed these places as a welcome burden compared to the alternative- which is what you see today.

Today, there is no where to go. So your "under-class" that "grows" in your city is really the flotsam which drifts from the periphery to the center. There is no social safety net now- and those earlier generations would be shocked to learn that we had become so callous- to treat people like they were disposable instead of treatable. They would be baffled- as to why we insisted they be forced to live in the streets and parks and underpasses and squats.

They would no doubt condemn us for these things.

>Really ionizes my castor seeds

Eat them already.

>Really doesn't make sense when you think about it.

How does it not make sense? I think its pretty obvious that people vote for their best interests. A population that subsists on government handouts will vote for whichever political party promises them more.

>There is no social safety net now

Asylums, and institutions have gone by the wayside, but they have been replaced by other means. There is a reason why many western nations are called "Welfare states" because they make people depend on the state for a greater and greater number of things from cradle to grave.

>tfw have been working at least 25 hours since i was 16 so i could eat

>How does it not make sense? I think its pretty obvious that people vote for their best interests.

The people you talk about dont vote, and when they do, they haven't gotten more or better services. You think you know what you're talking about but I read way more that you do. The hacks on your radio shows are liars and your perception is totally ignorant of the history of this country.

>Asylums, and institutions have gone by the wayside, but they have been replaced by other means.

Yeah, no. They've been replaced with prisons. The civic services don't cover it. The charity services don't even come close. The functions have not been "replaced".

>There is a reason why many western nations are called "Welfare states" because they make people depend on the state for a greater and greater number of things from cradle to grave.

My whole point is that you talk about the existence of a welfare state- I'm telling you- there is nothing but a mess of inefficient programs that cost us more than the old system it was supposed to replace.

Seriously, everything you know is wrong. I'd suggest reading up on the history. Plenty of material in the library. If you want to actually talk to some of these people (and be sure to ask who they voted for, ha-ha) go ahead and be on the streets downtown in the early morning as they will be as coherent as they'll get all day.

>I think its pretty obvious that people vote for their best interests.

What a person believes and what they get are two different things. You haven't been around much, I can tell.

If you think the vote comes down to "what I want" and "what I don't want" all I can say is, you've never voted, or you have very simple mind that accepts whatever is placed in front of you is all there is.

Nothing you say has any merit, sorry but you're argument is literally "listen kid I'm smarter than you and I'm right". Maybe you should read a book about how to form a proper argument?

You're not convincing in the least and pretending to be an erudite grandpa just doesn't cut it

most people are dull conformists who easily accept authority

>talk to some normie about their job
>'oh, my boss bla bla bla'

the words 'my boss' are unacceptable for any non-cucked male to say. it's repulsive. you have a boss? fuck off, there are jobs and there are managers. you tolerate the managers, that's it. the point of saving money isn't to buy a lambo, it's to have a financial safety net so that at any point if the dumb cunt cuck manager at your job starts acting up you can tell them to get fucked. the savings allow you to live while you find a reasonable workplace with sane staff.

management is a meme. managers are the true cucks. managers are conformists who stick around and take enough shit so that one day the owners give them a sliver of responsibility. they have the burden & stress of steering the ship (in whatever limited capacity they've been granted) but receive none of the rewards. workers get low stress, low reward. owners get high stress, high reward. managers get high stress, low reward.

That guy man, he's unqualified.

Bottom left master race

It ducking sucks that I probably can't move out into the wilderness and homestead (not that I have the skills to do so) because someone is going to eventually come down, say I don't have the required permits, and shut me down.

Then if have to move back to the city, where in order to survive I would need to rent a place and get a job which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place.

Idk, man. I used to give out food at a gay park in the village during the winter and some of people lining up were missing limbs.

We need an export coin, export these people to a third world country like... Belize.

automation on the way
building work ethic isn't that bad, experience is a great teacher

>Sure, you can break off and do your own thing like start a business or something but how many people are going to be successful doing so?

This.

Part of working for 40 hours a week for some boss is that there is security in doing so. You can't just be fired out of nowhere, if you are then you typically can collect unemployment insurance payouts for a bit.

It's why many people don't like investing their own money into a business they want to do, instead they look for an investor. It feels safer having someone else risk their assets rather than you doing so yourself.

It comes down to what money does a person have that allows them to safely attempt their own business or allow them to move onto another. Most people have almost no money to do that as studies keep on showing that most Americans couldn't even come up with $400 on the spot if required to.

You must BECOME the faggot

Is this a copypasta?

Shitposting from a comfy teaching job, i'm "grading papers" right now.

That's why I like working on a ship. Literally got half the year off with pay. Time and money I can use to start business

This is a huge wisdom nugget in just a few words and I hope you faggots read it.

Seriously, this is the key. If you have no kids and thus are responsible only for yourself, you CAN be free. You CAN survive without wage slavery. I know, because I am-- I don't pay rent, I live an adventurous (albeit marginal) lifestyle, and others envy me my freedom.

The two things that will SHACKLE you to the furnaces of hell are
1. Kids
2. A mortgage

avoid those and you can be free, if you have the guts.

hell yeah must be nice living in high school/off your parents/other people's money/homeless/etc.

tell us more

youtube.com/watch?v=7KW8hfO6ysM

Because the educational system is designed to break their spirits.

Well it all depends on what you want out of life. If you are willing to abandon the validation of the system that controls almost all aspects of daily life (call it capitalism, but it is more than just that), then you can be very free... but it is not all upside.

You have to cultivate a powerful self-respect not to feel like a loser for lacking the bullshit trappings of middle-class "success" (mcmansion, babies, other garbage). If everyone around you and the people who you communicate with are all normies than you will just feel like a freak and a fuck-up.

So, in my opinion to be happy with your freedom you should find places where others are also free and cultivate community there. Or build community online (although I think in person is better). If you are totally rootless and a drifter, loneliness will destroy you sooner or later; loneliness is one of the worst things in the world.

The system is set up to isolate those who do not conform... and our fear of that isolation is powerful and controlling. So while it is crucial that you don't conform, it's as important that you don't let yourself be (or remain) isolated.

Freedom is in my experience (using the 2 examples above, for instance) much more about what you DON'T DO... Most freedom is gained through saying NO to things.

I am an erudite person. I'm not pretending to be. You came on here, I gave you the answers. You came with your beliefs and assumptions, and I refuted them. Now you don't like it, and call me names like "grandpa". I've had at least twice the life experience by my best guess. I guarantee I've read far more books than you. Those books were prepared by experts in their fields, peer-reviewed. I'll bet you've never completed a college degree. You don't respect knowledge- when was the last time you set foot in a library? Of the media you consume, what fraction are prepared by people with PhDs or experts in their fields? What makes you think an anonymous message board is an effective forum for ignorant people to gain wisdom about complex topics?

Do your own homework- although you have a very low probability of doing anything but finding confirmation bias on the internet in between "managing properties" because you are intellectually lazy, incapable of logic, and too proud to admit you know nothing about anything.

How do you avoid both rent and a Mortgage?

this is a nice post

I often wondered why people around me won't buy crypto or even spend a few hours trying to understand it, and I realize you basically need to be a truly disagreeable autist with no regards for the opinions of others to actually risk money on this stuff and stand up all the criticisms

RV living bro. Also good if you like a challenge for banging grills

This sounds like someone who watched too much Office Space. Yeah, if you're the regional assistant manager of a company that makes crankshafts in a small town outside of Omaha, you're probably the kind of manager you're describing.

But it's the "workers" who get consistently fucked in most organizations by never having any freedom or control than what is dictated to them. I currently make six figures working for a Fortune 500 where my career has gone astronomically up. I'm 30 and I have unlimited paid vacation time. If I want to work from home, I've shown I can do it, and I've built a team that can handle some of the day-to-day so I'm there at the end if someone needs me to dictate strategy.

I'm not saying there's not stress, but it's 11 AM on a Thursday and I'm shitposting on Veeky Forums drinking a beer while I wait for my dryer to get fixed, checking emails when they roll in.

uni is definitely a waste. my brother got an apprenticeship in IT and now makes £45k at 22 years old and will soon own his own house. however i enjoy uni because i like to have a social life and get fucked up, i want to enjoy my youth before my life is sucked out of me. it is useless as fuck though. i go to half of my lectures and do all my studying on ritalin 3 days before my exams and still get a first.

but if you don't go to uni you need drive, like my brother did. he pushed himself ahead in his company.

I am actually thinking of dropping out, I am in year two right now so it wouldn't be the wisest choice.

Only worries I have is that what if my online businesses fail and I don't get any more chances, I am good at online marketing and other shit but if that stuff dies then I am a jobless neet.

Uni is like a safety net for me.

I think reddit is a better place for you, desu

Most of the planet are poor fucks that toil much longer than that daily for less than $2/day.

>I am actually thinking of dropping out, I am in year two right now so it wouldn't be the wisest choice.

Plenty of drop outs had good lives and wouldn't have been the same if they had your attitude. But you know you so you do you.

>uni is definitely a waste.

Heres someone else who shouldn't be in college

>i enjoy uni because i like to have a social life and get fucked up

You aren't getting anything out of it but forgettable experiences.

>i go to half of my lectures and do all my studying on ritalin 3 days before my exams and still get a first.

Heres your problem: no inspiration, no interest, no challenge. You can't get a social life or figure out how to get fucked up unless you are sitting through the "uni experience"? Hope you aren't taking on debt.

>i want to enjoy my youth before my life is sucked out of me. it is useless as fuck though.

This here is what we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.

brain washing man, everyones comfortable. brains are off and people are just robots. also did you know 40% of americas population doesnt work? they either cant or wont, of that percentage 25% of that is people below the age of 30 and the remainder over 30 to retirement.

school prepares you for life, they make you educated enough to stand in a line in a factory to produce goodes, you know, so you understand gravity and etc, how to talk properly and write information and count numbers. the rest is repression and beating you into a routine.

then cellphones were designed to destroy relationships with people, same as computer websites. these are made to make people feel connected and united when they arent which is why the government has such a greater upper hand than everyone else.

I went to college for 1.5 years on a 2 year wrestling scholarship. My pops said go and have fun. Drop out whenever because I was always a better worker than student. I had the time of my life, dropped out. Got a fun job in entertainment business. Work hard but get unbelievable perks. Wife doesn't have to work. Own my own home. If I didn't work I would be miserable. Its healthy to work. hodl crypto to make side money and maybe retire in a few years as opposed to 30 lol. Please clap

OP lives with his mom. She prolly pays his cell phone bill too so that he can use his mobile to trade his allowance for cryptos.

Did you study Psychology in university by any chance? Because that's a scientifically proven answer

because I have to.

My family is fucking mental. I also don't work for me, I work for the future of me and one day hopefully my kids.

>>the face when

Newfag detected

If you don't like it, practice Eutelegenisis, so your offspring will be much smarter and probably more successful and wealthy, so they can play all day, while everyone else works like a slave. Intelligence is escape route for the 9-5 grind.

What was your major?

I wish

>9 to 5

That was like 30 years ago

Everyone now works 8:30 to 5 at least

>Explain to me how billions of people across the world put up with working a 9 to 5 or working for a boss?
They're cucks.

>want to work 9-5
>boss wants me in at 6pm
fuck i hate boomers

For someone so smart you make a lot of baseless assumptions. Killyourself.