was he a puppet of the congress?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JCeOf2q6_TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>NEET
The hell is a NEET?

Never educated employed or trained

Nobody ever expects transexual

So being the commander of the Virginia Regiment during the French and Indian War doesn't count as training?

>Commander of multiple armies during his lifetime, owner of an extremely wealthy plantation, extremely well educated, and president of the United States.
>NEET.

He's like as far off from a NEET as you can get.

>extremely well educated
No. Washington stopped his education at 15 and took on a job as a surveyor. He's one of the two presidents that never went to college.

Hell, Adams and Jefferson even called him a dumbass (when they first met)

Hello /r/eddit!

Hi there

M8 he was largely self-educated and was able to keep up with the likes of Adams and Jefferson after they got to know each other better. I'm aware that they were wary of him at first, but this was due far more to mannerisms than intellect outright, and later on there wasn't a single Founding Father that didn't praise him up and down in nearly every field.

Christ almighty.

His record wasnt exactly bright...

Being a plantation owner was a full-time job. It was basically like running an entire little town, not to mention that you always had to be out surveying for new land to buy since tobacco farming depleted the soil very quickly.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING NORMIE
GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JCeOf2q6_TA

He wasn't NEET. Just finished two books on him/the overall movement. Actually 3 if you count the work i did on nathaniel philbrick's "bunker hill."

I'd recommend "Almost a Miracle" and "A leap in the Dark" both by John Ferling.

He was a surveyor , a frontiersman, a solider, a farmer, known to be a great horseman....OP are you trying to be edgy or you actually believed that?

Managing a plantation might be a full time job, but the manager and the owner would not usually be the same person. Clearly it wasn't in Washington's case, since he was able to leave for years at a time to fight in wars, be president, etc.

Everything went downhill after Washington

prove me wrong

Prove yourself right first r-tard.

everything went downhill thanks to washington

In those days you would not survive long trying to be a NEET. People would be reviled by you.

Certainly not being appointed commander of the army and president.

>In those days you would not survive long trying to be a NEET. People would be reviled by you.

The whole aristocracy was NEETs.

>Certainly not being appointed commander of the army and president.

Agreed on that much.

Literally /ourguy/ then?

>starts a war with the french
>promptly surrenders to the them
>england saves the day
>years later
>starts a war with england
>france saves the day
i don't kwow, is he?

>owner of an extremely wealthy plantation
he married a rich widow

>commander of multiple armies
more like """Commander""" of multiple armies.

the congress put him in charge of the army because none of them wanted to do it, they were too busy getting rich, and when the madman actually pulled it off, they decided he would be the only person the public would support since he risked his life like the troops, but he had no managerial experience. basically a puppet

also the reports say "he was very quiet in congressional meetings, never said anything"

that's because he never had anything TO say.

always showed up in full military regalia and just sat there nodding his head

sure why not

Bet he has a big weiner

Fuck off, newfag.
You, too, since you don't even know what a NEET is.

>NEET

So, being Martha's sugar baby doesn't count as a job?

These are the faggots I have to share a board with.

>edgy
Stop with your meme words.

meme

Not in employment or education
If you speak the Queen's tongue then know her phrases, or I'll cut out your tongue next we meet

Aristocracy was usually the only portion of the population that was regularly educated. Being that they had the money and time to have their children tutored or sent to schools. Public schools were sorta a thing by the 1700s but I believe it'd be wrong to say they were common.

>puppet of the Congress

I think you've got a few misconceptions about how the country worked early on, OP.