Tell me some interesting historical facts user

Tell me some interesting historical facts user.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Schiltberger
youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0uXGImb2w
answering-christianity.com/authors_gospels.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had three (3) wanks today. That's as many as three ones and that's adequate.

in the year 2016, OP was a faggot. This set the stage for faggotry that continues to the current day.

The Iran Embassy Siege was the first "public appearance" of any special forces group, and was pulled off so well that its the standard for all hostage extractions since (aside from that one guy that got stuck on his rapel and got 3rd degree burns from a curtain fire)

Toyotomi Hideyoshi, one of the three great unifiers of Japan, was an errand boy of peasant descent for Oda Nobunaga. After serving the Oda clan through the conquest of Kyoto he had become a general by pullin' himself by the ol' bootstraps and when Nobunaga died at Honnouji he became the de facto ruler of Japan, and conquered the rest of Honshu.
From zero to hero.
He was also notoriously ugly and Nobunaga referred to him as "that monkey".

Don't worry, I watched the anime.

Oda a cute

When Caesar besieged Alesia, Vercingetorex was forced to expel all of the old men, women, and children of the town (and those who had been following the battle column for protection).

Vercingetorex believed that Caesar would allow them to pass unmolested as he had done in the past.

Caesar though had had enough of Vercingetorex's shit and decided to do something else.

Rather than let them go, or even round them up and systemically execute them, or even do the financially prudent thing of taking them as slaves to be sold later on. He did something wholly unexpected.

With Alesia completely encircled and the Romans waiting for the Gauls to do something, Caesar attempted to force the other general's hand by keeping the Gallic families penned in between his camp and the city.

In the merciless weather of the winter, Caesar made all of the cities defenders watch as he forced their families to starve and die in the bitter cold.

Then he promptly took the city several weeks later and enslaved everyone. These same men would invariably spend the rest of their miserable lives in the mines, or die during the procession back to nearer Gaul.

Stay comf user, lest Caesar kill everyone you love.

Elizabeth Bathory, a Hungarian Noble, is known as one of the first recorded serial killers, and a quite gruesome one at that.
Let me just explain Hungarian Nobility for a second. The serfdom was a massively unfair system where serfs had absolutely no representation. A noble could steal your daughter just to whip her at a dinner table, and it was illegal to stop him. The Nobility were used to bloody entertainment, but Elizabeth took it too far, even for them.
She was known to bite and scratch on her servant girls, so hard it would draw blood.
Then she started getting more satistic. Rumor has it, she acquired a hunchbacked manservant who made a box of springs that would juice the blood of girls so she could bathe in it.
In any case, she started killing not only the serfs, but her young Noble wards.
The king sent guards to investigate, and when they entered her castle, they found a dead girl in the foyer.
Now, the Bathories were an extremely powerful family, drenched in powerful circles. While they were horrified by her crimes, the best they could do was house arrest.

Almost every European dynasty today descends from Louis XIV's flamboyantly homosexual brother that had his own harem of younger gay lovers at Versaille and who once yelled at Louis XIV in front of the entire court because he sent one of them away.

Watch the/his/ related one m8

So he deserved to drown in his own blood then

The Argentine province of Formosa has the island of Taiwan as its antipodal point. (Opposite point on the Earth)

Taiwan's 19th century name was... Formosa.

They weren't people user, they were Gauls.

Most of the images on the Voyager Golden record, the "record of humanity" that we've sent to space, are copyrighted.

St. Nikolaus punched Arius in the face during the Council of Nicea.

Based as fuck

I recommend Kingdom, though I don't know how accurate it is to the original history.

Why'd he do it?

>Tell me some interesting historical facts user.
The Spartacus League was mainly compromised of Jews. Sleep well.

Almost all interesting historical "facts" are made up or exaggerated. True history is very boring and disappointing. Once you realize this you will realize that you should just read fiction instead.

Arius was laughing and making nig noises regarding Christ being both Fully God and Fully Man. In essence, being a proto- Muslim in disrespecting Christ.

>laughing and making nig noises regarding Christ being both Fully God and Fully Man
So Arius chimped out on him for mocking something absurd?

St. Nicholas punched the unrighteous Arius.

Hitler died in Argentina

There lived a German who went on crusade, got captured by the Sultan fought for the Sultan, got captured by Timur Khan, served Timur, served the Golden horde made it back home and then served the Duke of Bavaria.
And he wrote a book about it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Schiltberger

Right, sorry, got them mixed up. So Nicholas chimped out on Arius for mocking something absurd?

wtf now I love Santa

>absurd

Oh boy are you in for a rude awakening.

>I can't understand the hypostatic union. Therefore it must be absurd.

Stay classy Veeky Forums.

It was not uncommon for men to take upon themselves young child wives back in the day.

:^)))))

>he's 100% human and 100% non-human
>if u dont get it youre just not smart enough lol
You can't make this shit up.

>chimped out
No, Arius was being the nig nog.

>I'm so enlightened everything has to fit my limited cognitive abilities otherwise it just can't be!

George Washington is the only president to actively lead U.S. troops while in office, having commanded from the front during the suppression of the Whiskey Rebellion.

Arius was right though.

>I'm so enlightened I know that nothing has to make sense because YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE, MAN, but anyone who believes something else is wrong
Oh boy, I am laffin over here.

>implying anybody cares about christfags arguing.

this user gets it

It's because vercingetorix pissed caesar off. Gaul was supposed to be an easy campaign and vercingentorix was the rock in caesar sandals

Ahmed please go back to a pool to rape little boys

>If I don't understand something spiritual, it must be false!

kek

As much God as though he were not man, and as much Man as though he were not God.

The Son of Man, and the Son of God.

The visible manifestation of the invisible God.

>But if I don't like it, it cannot be true!

>Implying Arius was a Christian.

lolno

>Even the most blatant contradictions don't matter! Anything can be true if it validates muh feels!
>I just have to keep quoting scripture, that'll make me feel less crazy!

>If my mind cannot grasp it, it must be a contradiction!

kek

stay asleep little user, stay asleep

>fully human and fully divine
>this isn't a contradiction because I say so
Stop, user, I can't breathe.

stay asleep, little user, stay asleep

Stop! Can't you guys just fucking understand Trinity already? Jesus IS EQUAL TO THE Father, according to:

Matthew 26:39
...he fell with his face to the ground and prayed...

LOOK! JESUS PRAYING TO THE FATHER IS A SOLID PROOF THAT HE IS EQUAL WITH HIM!

if Jesus aren't equal with the Father, THEN HOW COME HE PRAY TO THE FATHER?!?! ONLY EQUAL STATUS PEOPLE PRAY TO ANOTHER EQUAL STATUS PEOPLE.

WHY CANT YOU UNCIVILIZED MONKEYS UNDERSTAND???

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What do you mean "equal"? Is not the one who sends greater than the one who is sent?

He was being sarcastic bruh

Napoleon was actually slightly above average in height

Gee, thanks for telling me. So sorry now that I took that opportunity to clarify a lie out of sarcasm, and not a lie presented as his firm erroneous belief.

>It's not a lie if it's sarcastic!

Based Abraham Lincoln

so pathetic response

Archimedes committed to mathematics to the very end of his life. His last words, before a Roman soldier kill him, was:

"Don't disturb my circle"

I know it's lame but to me as a mathematician, he was a man among men.

Hitler had 3 testicles and his mother was also his cousin

Not that user but to be fair, all Christians seems the same to me, IE they're all the worshippers of Christ.

In the old days, people used pig intestines as condoms.

Interesting famous last words:

"This, is the last of earth. I am content."
-- John Quincy Adams

"For my name and memory, I leave it to men's charitable speeches, and to foreign nations, and the next ages."
-- Sir Francis Bacon

"Last words are for fools that haven't said enough."
-- Karl Marx

"I wish I had drank more champagne."
-- John M. Keynes

"My design is to make what haste I can to be gone."
-- Oliver Cromwell

"I do not believe in my death."
-- Salvador Dali

"This hath not offended the king."
-- Sir Thomas More

"Thank God, I have done my duty."
-- Lord Nelson

"So little done, so much to do."
-- Cecil Rhodes

"There is nothing proper about what you are doing, soldier, but do try to kill me properly."
-- Cicero

This is really cool. There're actually two Jesus during the Passion of Christ. One is Jesus Barabbas and one is Jesus Christ.

Matthew 27:17
So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?"

Here's the cool part, Barabbas is actually aramaic for 'son of the Father'. So technically, "Jesus Barabbas" is "Jesus Son of the Father".

And this "Jesus Son of the Father" was released by Pilate while "Jesus Christ" was executed.

So, we actually don't know which Jesus is real and which one is not, don't know which Jesus is crucified and also don't know whether Jesus really died for our sins.

*did died for our sins

There was also Brian.

Barabbas is just there as a literary device. there was no tradition of releasing prisoners, it's simply there as an allusion to the sin offering where a scapegoat was released into the wild while another goat was sacrificed. Barabbas is the scapegoat and Jesus was the sin offering

Wasn't Pilate mention that he finds nothing wrong with Jesus's testimony? According to the tradition, innocent convict is released. We all know Jesus is innocent, right?

There's also something weird about the trial, Pilate ask Jesus whether he is the King of the Jews. Jesus, I think, never claimed he was the King of the Jews, only 'the Messiah' and 'Son of God'.

Lucius Aemilius Paullus Macedonicus, the roman consul for 168 BC and the conqueror of Macedon, lost both his sons after his triumphal return to Rome.

One he lost shortly before celebrating the triumph awarded to him by the Senate, the other he found dying after returning to his home after said triumph.

Thus ended the line of the Aemili Paulli, for he, considering that four sons were two too many for the cursus honorum, gave in adoption his oldest two boys; one for the Fabii and one for the Cornelii. The one given to the Cornelii would then become Publius Cornelius Scipio Aemilianus Africanus Minor, the destroyer of Carthage.

I just told you the tradition is unsubstantiated and is likely just an allusion to the type of sacrifice Jesus is supposed to perform according to christian theology. why are you using that as an argument against me then? also why do you trust what Pilate says behind closed doors in the gospels? The gospels are minimally historical at best. scholars only accept the minimal outline of events in the gospels as historical

Just to add, the real Jesus was love by the people. It's highly likely that they pick the real Jesus while the fake Jesus(which is basically nobody compares to real Jesus) is executed.

Real Jesus was popular at that time, healing the sicks, feed thousands of poor, ect.

Yes, I'm not making any claims here. It's just that my is blown when I find out about this. Maybe you're right and I'm completely wrong.

I'm just talking which is likely to happen.

*my mind

Ok user. Sorry, I'm just posting what on my mind according to my Bible knowledge. A tradition of unsubstantiated? I'll look it up. You're the MVP.

*loved

It's ashame that we don't know what Einstein's last words was. Talking to a nurse that can't even understand Hebrew.

Not that user, but literally who?

It's from a Monty Python movie about a guy mistaken for the messiah

Based

It's a Monty Python joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0uXGImb2w

Alexander III of Russia was so strong he held the roof of a train cart when in collapsed

>can't even read
>thinks he has the right to call anything absurd

Not that user, but all of the pleb and not-so-faith Christians that I know all says that Trinity is confusing. Sorry bud, but you're in the minority.

False, true history is more interesting that fiction, you're just dumb

After the defeat and capture of Emperor Napoleon III of France in the Battle of Sedan. Empress Eugenie do Montijo his wife upon hearing the news reacted by losing her shit and yelling.
>No! An Emperor does not capitulate! He is dead!...They are trying to hide it from me. Why didn't he kill himself! Doesn't he know he has dishonored himself?!

During The Anarchy, an English Civil War between King Stephen and Empress Matilda.
Very early in the war Stephen had surrounded and besieged the Castle Arundel with Matilda trapped inside. Soon a truce was called that invoked Stephen simply letting Matilda go and rejoin her army.

Where some point to it being a strategical move. Well others simply claim that Stephen was just that nice of a guy.

Secession from the US was actually legal, and Lincoln acted unconstitutionally in opposing it.

Might makes right. The South was weak.

De Gaulle was a nobody, plucked from a collapsing France by Britain and turned into a figurehead as part of a propaganda campaign to win over France's colonies. In person, he was an irritating cunt who nobody liked. Yet France still worships him today.

How have I never heard this

Secession was legal, attacking a federal fort is not.

The Supreme Court decided otherwise.

pinochet had 50,000 books in his library, most of them about history.

You only need to go back a few thousand years to find an ancestor common to all people alive today.

The Halifax Harbour Explosion of 1917 was the largest man-made explosion ever until the invention of the Atomic bomb. The first city to respond to the disaster and come to their aid was Boston and every year Hallifax sends a Christmas tree to Boston to commemorate all their help.

>the best they could do was house arrest
Didn't they immure her in a room, leaving her only a small hole for meals? Sounds like the worst version of house arrest possible.

mmmm, trips confirms that you are asleep

stay comfy

I understand that.

Take it out of religion. Is everyone who says they're an American, an American?

Missed my favorite:

"I knew you were going to shoot me; I should never have been taken alive. Tell Fidel that this failure does not mean the end of the revolution, that it will triumph elsewhere. Tell Aleida to forget this, remarry and be happy, and keep the children studying. Ask the soldiers to aim well."

--Che Guevarra:

Yes, yes we do.

Please try to take nonsense and check it out in the bible for yourself. The murderer and rebel Barabbas is never called Jesus, and "Barabbas" is a pseudonym as he likely would not want his family to be executed by Rome for his actions.

Debunked many times.

Shadows of the old revealed in the new.

Also, Barabbas is a type of antichrist, a man the Jews accepted in his own name, while they wanted the one who came in the name of the Father to be murdered.

Claimed all of them, actually.

And yes, Rome found Jesus innocent.

But the Jews told Pilate their friends in Rome would tell Caesar that Pilate suffered a man in Israel to call himself a King, and do nothing about it.

It was pure political blackmail.

It's not unsubstantiated, at all.

1. Josephus records that when the Roman governor Albinus was preparing to leave office he released prisoners who had been incarcerated for crimes other than murder. 'he was desirous to appear to do somewhat that might be grateful to the people of Jerusalem; so he brought out all those prisoners who seemed to him to be most plainly worthy of death, and ordered them to be put to death accordingly. But as to those who had been put into prison on some trifling occasions, he took money of them, and dismissed them; by which means the prisons were indeed emptied, but the country was filled with robbers.' (Antiquities 20.9.3).

2. In the Mishnah (Jewish oral tradition, written in around AD 300) it records that “they may slaughter the passover lamb for one….whom they have promised to bring out of prison”. Now its not exactly clear but this certainly records a prisoner being released specifically at Passover.

3.A piece of papyrus also records a Roman governor of Egypt saying: “You were worthy of scourging but I gave you to the crowds.” (P.Flor 61, c. AD 85).

4. Pliny the younger from one of his early second century letters also has something important to note on such practices and who had responsibility to do so, "It was asserted, however, that these people were released upon their petition to the proconsuls, or their lieutenants; which seems likely enough, as it is improbable any person should have dared to set them at liberty without authority" (Epistles 10.31).

There's a difference between confusing and beyond understanding that you're not grasping.

Wasn't that smug anime-user states that Trinity can't be confusing, or else it contradict a verse that said "God is not the author of confusion"?

Trinity is the opposite of it. Normal people, even Christians, can't grasp the concept. Even this happened . In conclusion, he states, Trinity is not from God.

IIRC, the most ancient bible manuscripts says that both of them have 'Jesus' in their names.

Oh, and I check New International Version Bible.

I know who's on the naughty list in 325 AD.

For you:

answering-christianity.com/authors_gospels.htm

This link discuss about the authenticity of the Bible.

America lost Vietnam war