Currently starting my own business

>currently starting my own business
>figure I'll check out Veeky Forums to see if I can learn anything
>literally every thread is just talking about buying and selling Monopoly money

I thought money was valuable because you could exchange it for goods and services. All of these crypto-currencies just seem "valuable" because of their arbitrary scarcity when compared to other crypto-currencies. Is there anyone actually buying them for their actual intended use?

dont start a buisness you have no idea how finance world work,

Do you really think a 100 $ bill worth 100 $ ? ofc not, its a pape it worth 0.5cts, but people decided it worth 100$ and this is the fiat value of it

If tommorow everyone decide a indian turd worth 5$ this is what an indian turd worth, this is literally how money work since dawn of time

>Do you really think a 100 $ bill worth 100 $ ? ofc not, its a pape it worth 0.5cts, but people decided it worth 100$ and this is the fiat value of it
Yeah but the value of that $100 bill is equal to $100 of goods and services. What goods and services are or even can be purchased with whatever the flavor of the week crypto-currency is? Your money isn't worth fuck all if you can't use it to buy anything.

>Using crypto for its actual purpose
Lol, made me giggle

Bitcoin can be used on most every digital goods website like amazon and newegg, not to mention countless services in real life like the japanese transit system

>you have no idea how finance world work
>Do you really think a 100 $ bill worth 100 $ ?

Done.

Yeah I've used it to buy drugs before, but it's also the most popular cc there is iirc. Like, what's up with shit like Trumpcoin and Dogecoin and whatever all of the threads are talking about right now?

>I thought money was valuable because you could exchange it for goods and services.

And you can.

Crypto currencies have advantages over other kinds of money, which gives them value and makes them demanded. If you can't understand this, then you aren't smart enough to run a business.

I think you missed a critical aspect here. Currency is valuable because you can use it to purchase goods and services from people who agree on it's value. U.S. Dollars are useless in a country where they aren't accepted, right? Their only value stems from potentially being able to trade it for currency that does have value in that country, right? You would want that other currency because you could actually use it, right?

So, with that in mind, how do many of these crypto-currencies have value when they aren't actually used for anything?

You're not smart enough to run a business.

Crypto has advantages over other kinds of money (gold / paper fiat), which gives it value and increases its demand.

Any of these coins can easily and instantly be used for real goods by trading for BTC and using that on Amazon.

Many of these coins allow for decentralized apps and other enterprise uses of computing power which has attracted interest for big corporations, also.

>coming to a tibetan waterwheeling board for business advice

>Any of these coins can easily and instantly be used for real goods by trading for BTC and using that on Amazon.
So every crypto-currency is valuable because you could potentially be able to trade it for another crypto-currency that actually has value? You don't see how retarded that is? Is there anyone actually purchasing all of this fake money without the intent to sell it to someone else for real money?

Veeky Forums and /k/ have taught me worthwhile stuff

Other kinds of crypto currency have advantages that BTC does not.

Any kind of stock price has the future of the stock taken into the present value calculation. For example, some people may invest in ETH because they see it being widely adopted in the future and perhaps usurping BTC.

As I said, your IQ is too low to run a business.

>As I said, your IQ is too low to run a business.
Please keep repeating yourself, genius, I'm sure it will make your argument better.
>Any kind of stock price has the future of the stock taken into the present value calculation.
Currency isn't stock, though. You purchase stock in a business, it's value is reflected in the value of the business. Currency doesn't work like that. Imagine if you had a shitload of currency from a country that doesn't exist anymore. It might be relatively rare, but value is determined by supply and demand.

BTC and USD have a high demand, because they are widely recognized. Dogecoin, much like currency from a no longer existent country, isn't valuable because there's no demand, as it isn't widely recognized. It's barely recognized at all. This is like you're buying a shitload of Prussian Francs for USD, then selling them when they're worth more USD than when you bought them, and I'm asking you why they're valuable at all when any perceived demand is from other people trying to meet supply.

>Other kinds of crypto currency have advantages that BTC does not.
You yourself said these currencies retain value because you can trade them for bitcoins, so A) why wouldn't I just purchase bitcoins and B) how do these advantages make any fucking difference when the only thing I can buy with them is the thing they supposedly have advantages over? Pay attention.

What is the advantage? I can use my "real" money for real goods (by not trading for BTC, just using the money straight up, and on more platforms than Amazon).

Not trying to be a dick just honestly wondering what the advantage is to a cryptocurrency.

I read that as a libertarian waterboarding board

>You purchase stock in a business, it's value is reflected in the value of the business. Currency doesn't work like that.

Wrong. They work the same. The present value also takes into account the future prospects.

By your logic, gold shouldn't be valuable for most people (since most of us only use gold to turn into USD).

Your IQ is way too low to run a business.

I've started 3 businesses. My current one is doing really well.

What kind of business are you starting?

What do you want to know?

I want to make cool t shirts for naked neets

its basic accounting

Well lads, I'm out for the season. Summerfags have arrived.

>what is speculation on emergent technology

It's gonna be an internet play then.

Website, backed by cheap asian screen printing. Shill the hell out of it every which way you can. When it comes to advertising you want faces that look directly into the camera (pretty faces) and bold/bright colors.

Also do an email blast weekly. To customers and any email addy you can get a hold of.

I'm a gunsmith. I'm selling guns.

The kilos of drugs in my mailbox beg to differ

>literally every thread is just talking about buying and selling Monopoly money

more like buying, hodl and begging for monopoly money

Isn't that business super packed?

I'm in Alaska, there's always more demand for guns than supply.

>I thought money was valuable because you could exchange it for goods and services
kys faggot. newegg.

> Implying bunch of numbers printed on a paper is different from numbers flying around on the internet.

>year 2094
>crypto has replaced fiat
>someone told you
>you did nothing

>Amazon
Is that gift cards?