Etheroll, this can't be right

So I was looking at the stats on Etheroll (Ethereum dice game) and I come across this. Wtf biz? This cannot be right. B-B-Buh Ethereum block chain has to be transparent.
What is this? Don't know if it's worth mentioning that Etheroll is down right now due to network overload leading to unconfirmed transactions (ICOS)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/s0cNXkQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Pls respond

What's the problem, that someone bet 2000$ on a dice roll? Have you never been to Vegas?

He got a 1:1 payout on an under 98 roll. Should have been a 1:100 payout

He bet 9.080 and won 9.267 I'm pretty sure

Can you link me where that's stated? Under how to play on their main page I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing 1:1 with a 1% rake.

(9.267/9.08)-1 = 0.02059471365 = 2.06%
100% - 98% = 2%
Not sure what you are worried about. The math checks out.

he did not get 1:1 payout, he bet 9.08 eth, got back 9.267 eth.

All the other results?

It says under 98, not over 98 retard

they're using euro/brit style formatting, "won" includes wager, profit is 'won' - 'bet'

Goys this is how gambling works

$100 at 2 - 1 odds

Your $100 goes in, it is not yours now, you are -$100, you have an agreement that says opponent returns your $100 + an additional $100

Win

You present your agreement, you are returned your original 100 + the opponents 100

You cannot bet over on Etheroll. He literally bet for under and got a crazy payout

there was only crazy payout, he won like 0.18 eth

Are you a nocoiner, because 2% profit is not "crazy."

No, you clearly have never played Etheroll, or any dice game. This isn't normal and not how it works. For this he should get a very low payout because it is an extremely high chance he will roll under 98.

there was NO crazy payout... late night tardposting

Yobit.net has a gambling game. I actually wrote a javascript injection that will autoplay the game for you and uses the double up method. actually used it to turn 14$ worth of pivx into 43$ worth in less than 30 minutes. then got greedy and pumped up my initial bet and lost it all the next 5 minutes on a damn near statistically impossible bad string of losing rolls. I think they rig that shit to lose if you start winning too much too quickly.

Those odds are obviously fucking arbitrary, point is the original stake is INCLUDED in the payout, this is fucking normal

OP here brb killing myself. I was thinking that the right number was separate of the left number. Not realizing that it was including the initial bet. To be fair it is a weird layout.

Of course, why do you think Vegas doesn't have this? Roulette doesn't count because there's a house limit. They win every time. Can't game the system.

>roll under 90 to win
>rolls 97
>loses

Well the house has as edge so they will statistically come out on top. Another problem with the strategy is that doubling takes exponentially more and more money each time, so a losing streak can lose all your money.

right, but they use the equivalence of a cointoss system. the odds of landing the same side goes up exponentially each flip. so you keep doubling up your bet each time you lose, eventually you either run out of money or you win and get back everything you lost in that run-up plus what you initially started the bet with. shit was working great until i got greedy and quadrupled the initial bet and hit a string of like 14 losses in a row. which while statistically possible, the odds were well into the 1:thousands

1/2^14=1/16384=0.006%

yeah, that's why i'm saying i think their system isn't as "random" as you'd like to think.

I got this same feeling tbqh famalam. I had a streak when I discovered the damn game where I played using Martingale and for some time the money kept on piling up nicely. I started with Lepen and got myself from 2.4mil to 5 mil, but then eventually the losses racked up a streak of 10 and wiped a lot of my shit out. I became very cautious after that. I got back some of what I lost and have not touched that game again.

The yobit dice game is notoriously not proven fair. So nobody but them knows if it's an honest game of numbers or not. That and the house edge actually lost me more times than I would've expected.

There's something called a Gambler's Fallacy when a gambler tends to rationalize away losses, thinking that if there have been so many losses, the "system" must eventually balance out and grant you an appropriately matching streak of wins. This is never the case, which is why it's a fallacy. There's no magical karmic wheel that shows mercy after a losing streak of 10 and lets you have a winning streak of 20 to "balance it out".

Most importantly there is the matter of odds vs probability. They are linked, but not codependent.

The probability of losing a 50/50 game 4 times in a row is 6.25%, which is likely to lead people astray. "Dude, it's a statistically negligent chance of losing that many games in a row! Just keep playing!".

However, your odds of winning a 50/50 game 4 times in a row is simply 1/2. Each game is statistically independent from every previous game.

I've been thinking of having a bot chip away at it with a basic +1 betting strategy starting from 1 sat and seeing where it goes from there. If you put in a small amount of sats for fun, you can leave it playing without worries.

Got any resources or something regarding this gamblebot?

i'll throw it up on a pastebin if you'd like.

it's relies heavily on the site not lagging, which can cause problems in the win/lose detection. yobit gives a ton of free shitcoins that aren't worth fucking anything you can play with.

not to sound like i'm defending my shitty code, but it's not exactly made for redistribution.

basically you just inject the javascript into the developer tools console and run it with initial bet parameters. it only works up to the 6th decimal or some shit because of javascripts out of the box floating point math limitations.

That'd be awesome, user. Will be interesting to study how it works.

pastebin.com/s0cNXkQU

also, you absolutely have to tick the option to only show your bets.