Telling Other People About Crypto

Do any of you have any odd or unexpected experiences that result from talking about crypto to people you know?

I just got home from probably the strangest evening of my entire life directly because of this...

It's quite a long story, but I had been telling my parents and some of their friends about cryptocurrency somewhat regularly for a couple of years now. Recently with Bitcoin in the news again one of them basically arranged for me to give a speech at his company about cryptocurrencies which I reluctantly agreed to do... Anyway I started off with a quick joke about the Bogdanoff twins that ended up taking a lot longer than I expected, and a couple of people googled them before I was finished with that part and started whispering and one of them asked if this was "a fucking prank or something" and I ended up just having to cancel the whole thing.

My parents are visibly pretty uncomfortable with me talking about cryptos now and so I stopped but I did see people on here mentioning having casual conversations about it so I am curious how that usually works.

>Anyway I started off with a quick joke about the Bogdanoff twins that ended up taking a lot longer than I expected
hahahha
post of photo of yourself, user, so I can imagine this cringe murder scene more perfectly.

My dad took the plunge into crypto with 300 yuros, it's not much, but still a start.

Even managed to convince him to buy a crypto mining rig 1.5 months ago, before the eth boom, but that somehow went to the back of our heads. Kinda kick myself for it for not pushing more.

also please tell me there's a video of it. i would love to edit it like it's a TED Talk.

> Does a speech on crypto for a legit company
> Tells joke about a couple twins
> Doesnt say shit about crypto

Man, the autism.

>Anyway I started off with a quick joke about the Bogdanoff twins that ended up taking a lot longer than I expected, and a couple of people googled them

RIP in peace user.

You can't talk to people that don't understand autist, rookie mistake pal.

What the fuck. What exactly was your joke?

I love a good Bogdanoff joke, let's hear it OP.

I've talked some about my dad and mom, they seem to be willing to give me 1,5k to invest in cryptos.
I've been making some profit with the initial $150 I invested myself. If I get to turn that 1,5k into 6k they are going to let me buy a car with it. If else their profit is theirs.

>mfw tell normies crypto is a scam and their money is safe in real estate

I'd have been convinced

>casual conversations
Yeah I don't know how that works either. There's too much to know before Bitcoin/Monero sounds like a logical sensible thing. I actually feel like a retard when explaining it to people because it just sounds like a scam to them and they think I'm a moron getting scammed. I'm sure they'd feel differently if I told them I was worth 500k but they don't need to know that. Dumb normies.

HAHAHAHA WTF THIS CAN'T BE REAL WEW LAD FUCKING WEW

>Anyway I started off with a quick joke about the Bogdanoff twins that ended up taking a lot longer than I expected, and a couple of people googled them before I was finished with that part and started whispering and one of them asked if this was "a fucking prank or something" and I ended up just having to cancel the whole thing.

KEK

A guy who works in the coffee shop I go to every day calls me the "bitcoin guru" when he says hi to me and some guy overheard him the other day and asked me if I was seriously into bitcoin.

Ended up talking for like an hour about crypto in general and he told me he bought 200 BTC when it was around $100, while I'm sitting here with 10. Kill me now

That's rough.

The only people that understand me are computer science majors.

Don't. This is still the wild west, if they lose all in a >crash or to scammers you'll receive a good chunk of the blame.

damn user, nice job unintentionally scaring the normies away!
i need a few months more to accumulate some nice and fresh cryptocash, so u did me a favor!

>I started off with a quick joke about the Bogdanoff twins that ended up taking a lot longer than I expected

how fucking autistic are you

We don't need normies around here for another couple years, OP. I'm glad your talk crashed and burned and kept them away.

My family thinks I'm crazy but they trust me enough to invest. My friends also think I'm crazy but I showed them my gains and I think I got through to them. It's hard to not get excited when talking about this tech and the market but try to stay as neutral as possible.

Wow, sounds like you really took that one on the chin!
Still, it's a good opportunity to turn the other cheek.