What do criminals think while they torture, assault, rape, and kill people...

What do criminals think while they torture, assault, rape, and kill people? I mean the sort who just hurt others for fun. Harming others for money, religion, power, race, or even bizarre political/philosophical beliefs make more sense.

Surely they can't all be psychopaths

Why do some people enjoy causing pain and suffering?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wUurm6fQ750
huffpost.com/us/entry/9866496
quillette.com/2016/01/02/to-rape-is-to-want-sex-not-power/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whatever it is i imagine it would be extremely autistic and the most horrifying thing would be how stupid it is

it would probably be r9k-tier to bee honest

Because of somethin called:instint of violence.

Humans are by nature,evils,narcissists,selfishnesses,etc.

They dont think anything, they just feel a rush of dopamine.

Another thing I find peculiar is the casual attitude towards cruelty that pre-modern people had.

>implying dominating a person isn't inherently satisfying

note how happy this dog is after he does his duty of subduing the wolf:

youtu.be/wUurm6fQ750

Criminals generally solve the problem of empathy by dehumanizing their victims in their minds. Victims (known as 'marks', 'vics', 'mugs', 'fools' and several other names) aren't human like themselves, their pals and their families. People other than kin and fellow criminals (or fellow gangbangers) are just walking banks of resources ready to be tapped. That's true regardless of what 'resource' given victim has. It could be just money, sexual gratification (like rape victims) or simply the ability to absorb a punch.

isn't that how human society worked since dawn of civilization? deumanize the other tribe/people/neighbouring country and take away their resources for the 'real' people associated with all of the above

They're chasing the reward centre in their brains. Gives you a rush, better than some drugs I'd imagine.
The feeling of power is very addictive for some egocentric personalities.

I get the impression you're under the age of 18. From what we're slowly understanding in neuroscience we have the ability to overwrite our primal and emotional instincts. We might be inherently selfish, but it's a survival mechanism. Change. Starts. With. Yourself.
You gotta be a backwards rationalising fool, seeking an excuse to not change yourself if you humanity is inherently evil. Or any of that childish shit.

*If you think humanity..

Why is dehumanization necessary to carry out evil? Is it because deep down inside murdering our own species disgusts us or is the act itself that disturbs us?

Try reading hatchet season, it's a book on the Rwandan genocide.
Folks had no reason to believe their cruelty to be a problem, they were raised thinking it was OK and even now they still think there wasn't a problem. Folks who are violent come from backgrounds where violence is a a thing

No it helps you get more pleasure when you kill something if you dehumanize it or THINK ITS EVIL.

This

I'm not evil

>OP asks why people take pleasure in violence
>Some user responds essentially "Because humans find violence fun"
>OP responds "NUH UH we can change that hurts my feelings!"

What a fucking pussy. Now I'm not saying we should go around murdering people or raping people, God forbid, but I am saying its a simple fact that most men at least find violence fun as hell.

Hunting, stabbing, shooting, slashing, burning, its a blast. We invented sports just so we could fight our friends without having to kill them afterwards.

As for sadism, that is, torture as opposed to fighting, that has a variety of causes, such as the desire to feel powerful, or sexual desires, or revenge against slights real or imagined.

There is a real impulse among mankind to think "I have suffered and desire my enemy to suffer as I have suffered".

Now you can say we should regulate these desires, or constrain them by principles, but lets not pretend they don't exist, then ask in moral self-righteousness 'but how could anyone do this?'

We know how they could do this.

>From what we're slowly understanding in neuroscience we have the ability to overwrite our primal and emotional instincts

Oh, fuck off with your googled neuroscience op-eds from bloggers. You know nothing about human neuroscience.

muh tabula raaaassaaa

Sadism is common in human societies in some form or another. Psychopathy much less so.

Most violent criminals are idiots who got themselves into an impulse-driven mess either due to emotion or due to money. Calculated murder is quite a bit rarer, and psychopathic murder is rarest still because psychopaths (as opposed to nebulous ASPDs like the DSM suggests in place which can be ascribed to half a given prison population) are not nearly as common as MSM and pop sci articles would want you to believe.

That said.

>Harming others for money, religion, power, race, or even bizarre political/philosophical beliefs make more sense.

Is it really any different? Motivations are transient.

Example:Guy has sex with 6 year old girl

Everyone dehumanizes him by calling him a pedo then thinks he is evil for fucking the child WITH HER CONSENT.

This is just one example of how moralfaggotry can lead to sadistic behavior.

Another example is the widespread desire to brutalize racist people because racist are evil and thus need to be tortured or something.

Spotted the pedo!

kys lol

>6 year olds can consent
chrishansen.jpg

Hah. And you do?
By all means if you're capable of mustering the processing brain power to conjour a worthwhile response, with empirical evidence. Please do.

Your first impulse was to insult me over the internet. You think you can just get away with that?
I'm sorry you have low self-esteem bro.

>people who insult me over the internet have low self esteem

keep projecting b i t c h n i g g a

pseud

how the fuck are racists on the same level as pedos

i think you just brutalized them, honestly

>Greentexting gives my words more merit.

Yeah I've got a little low self-esteem, ya caught me. Everyone does.
Do you have anything actually ON topic to argue about?

I havent replied to anyone yet

>disturbed
kys

I used to support /pol/ but taking pride in being Nazi Pedophiles was too cartoonishly evil to me

If they had a platform that a sane person could support, it wouldn't be contrarian enough for Veeky Forums.

>Is it because deep down inside murdering our own species disgusts us

Well yeah, of course. Civilization simply could not exist if the vast majority of us weren't strongly averse to killing.

You make the mistake of assuming everyone has the same adolescent mental state as you do. Vigorous physical activity will naturally be refreshing because it releases endorphins, but that's not synonymous with violence. People with posturing attitudes like yourself are typically in for a shock when they experience the depth of horrors that severe violence rubs in your face. I've seldom met veterans with such childish, gloating enthusiasm for the human tendency to violence. The sincere compassion of others is literally so alien to the mindset you express that you fail to see how they couldn't relate.

Nobody is pretending these desires don't exist - and we have every right (duty, even) to criticize them in moral self righteousness. Your mistake is in projecting your own desires as universal and immutable.

Your wisdom is not truth, but rather senility. The horrors of war tend to deaden the enthusiasm for glory and conflict that is before that point nearly universal among young men.

Nonetheless there are plenty of aged warriors who have still expressed delight in combat. James Mattis, George S. Patton, all relatively modern examples of this.

Mankind grew up among violence, and we are a violent species, with violent drives. Severe pain and loss here, as in other places, can drive into us a kind of depair or ennui, but lets be honest if the players all got up again at the end of the battle, there would be few fairer games then war.

A wise man once said "War is horrible, otherwise we'd love it too much". Even when war is not an option, we find alternative outlets, in the forms of sports, games, great spectacles, epic stories, our lives are paved, brick by brick in blood, and we delight to see it.

There is nothing immoral or evil about this, so long as one is noble and righteous and recognizes the times when one should not fight, and the times when one should settle for the vicarious outlets.

I grow sick to death of effeminate suburbanites who recoil at the sound of a gunshot acting like violence persay is the problem.

they think "wheeeee"
I mean really the question is in the answer and not very helpful
what's more interesting is what they think right before and right after

well yeah kinda
most species instinctively avoid killing other members of their own species

I meant the answer is in the question, I'm too tired out to be that meta

So much this. When I bullied geeks in high school there was no deep thought behind it. It really just felt good watching these guys sheepishly smile when we mocked them, turning red and frowning when they realized we were fucking with them, and spazzing out/bursting into tears when we continued the campaign of harassment and torment. Watching some dork try to get "tough" and stand up for himself only to twist his arm behind his back as he begged for mercy was just fucking hilarious. Asking out quiet girls as s joke while everyone snickers, then shouting about their greasy hair (real or imagined). I feel bad now, but it really was just like hunting or something. Like a squeaky toy for a dog.

My stepdad had old relatives in the mob and these dudes genuinely liked what they did. It wasn't suits and philosophy, it was really just a bunch of italian-american thugs breaking shit and threatening people. They sincerely liked intimidating people and hurting them.

Like when you play video games: do you give a shit about the characters screaming bloody murder and begging you to stop? No. It's just good sport.

>torture
>assault
>kill
"they had it comin'"
our government kills, tortures, and assaults all the time and the public at large are perfectly ok with it because it's being done to "the right people" (muslims, commies, negros, etc.) so it's not a stretch for the individual person to have the same thoughts for a different "right people"

>rape
muh dick

>my feet hurt
>i wish i was at home sharpening my knife collection right now
>look at this faggot, doesn't even own a gun
>2017
>not calling the cops right away
>fucking idiot
>did I leave footprints in the last guy's house?
>this blood tastes awful
>i'm cold

people don't rape because they're horny, it's because forced domination is all that gets them off

nope it's because they are horny

one is horny the other isn't. The horny one believes that their horniness shouldn't be rejected, rape ensues

some might have a sadist fetish and some believe they can/should do what they want to enemy civilians (mass rape of Berlin for instance) but for the most part it's "muh dick"

Actually wrong

huffpost.com/us/entry/9866496
quillette.com/2016/01/02/to-rape-is-to-want-sex-not-power/

No dude on earth is thinking "grr I feel weak, gimme dat booty!"

>do you give a shit about the characters screaming bloody murder and begging you to stop?
Yeah a little bit. I mean in general the virtual suffering of game characters tends to be much less than a real life equivalent anyway since there aren't many literal torture simulators and it's not the focus of the game.

criminals are low IQ stock and as a rule unthinking and thus fully enraptured in materialism.

>Like when you play video games: do you give a shit about the characters screaming bloody murder and begging you to stop? No. It's just good sport.

Funnily enough, I don't like killing if I never have to. I remember a STALKER campaign in which I even saved a bandit and some Freedums with medpacks, even though they were my enemy. Nothing wrong with some common empathy for your enemy.

Give a criminal empathy and suddenly he cant be a criminal anymore. Criminals are what happens to humans that have low levels of empathy.

I mean I could kill someone but the idea of murdering a human would freak me out afterwards I have empathy.

In my experience bullying victims typically grow up to be very aggressive whereas former bullies often regret their actions over time.

If you think an average criminal is a murderer you're totally uneducated

There are many cases of children having actual sexual arousal, if the child can get pleasure from sex it means it can consent by logic.

What I mean to say is, most people are very turned off by someone kicking and screaming and trying to get away (or even just quietly pleading with them to stop) when they're having sex, and I think everyone finds it distracting, and rape is a high-risk activity, so you need to really, really be into fucking someone against their will to go through with rape.

this
of all the games I've played, I don't think any have had enemies that begged me to stop, the closest was some that ran away screaming when I killed their friends, and I don't always kill those ones

I was following you until the end there. Some children can experience sexual arousal and thereby theoretically want sex. Consent is a different matter, it requires understanding of the situation.

Just remove your empathy and you can rape anything including a fetus but you will feel personal shame afterwards but cannot morally give a damn.

You seem to think everyone has the same degree of empathy

lot of the times the strength of the two parties are so different that there isn't much risk
in war scenario the rape is usually a gang-rape
and lets not get into the complicated politics of what does/does not count as rape legally.

If you can feel arousal you can instinctively understand sex as a pleasure act.

>arguing
this was a mistake, I'm done here

I mean, there is that

Joy, and the thrill of exerting control in the most primal way possible

Look up two guys one hammer, or some variation
of this. It'll show you what real psychopaths are like. They don't really feel emotions.

>They don't really feel emotions.
Nah they feel emotions but cant empathize.

Serial killers usually have above average or high IQ's.

Serial killers are such a rare and overblown phenomenon by the media. In the 70s and 80s it was the "serial killer", now it's a "mass shooter", in fact nothing should distinguish these from any other common murderer other than hype.

sadism =! psychopathy =! narcissism

just because these traits cluster together doesn't mean they're synonymous

>and we have every right (duty, even) to criticize them in moral self righteousness

>Why do some people enjoy causing pain and suffering?
>Asking this on Veeky Forums, a place full of autists and edgy teens

>Why do some people enjoy causing pain and suffering?
Because they are sick

Fear does wonders friend. Either fear of a deity that will smite you if you misbehave, or an army that took away your ability to defend yourself. Usually both.

>we're slowly understanding in neuroscience we have the ability to overwrite our primal and emotional instincts

you can't overwrite automatic responses, which is what instincts are.

You can more easily resist neural impulses if your prefrontal cortex is well developed, but that's not actually true of most people.

>Change. Starts. With. Yourself.

go back

You get the feeling the people in this thread doesn't really want to learn why murderers and rapists do what they do as much as try to distance themselves from them as possible so they don't have to humor the fact that the only real difference between them and a murderer is the murder itself.

They want a convenient meme label they can stick onto the social lepers of society so they have an convenient excuse for rejecting them outside of their own superficiality. It's easier to brush the fucking plebs off as mentally ill than to walk up to them and ask about their life story.

So its fine to inject you heroin with force since you will feel good even though it might ruin your life?

>wanting your brain to be overwritten by someone else
You are a cuckbrain who is into state-wide mind control, aren't you?

Are tendency towards violent impulses and the ability to control it correlated with intelligence?

There was some reddit thread asking rapists to give their thoughts like this and it was really disturbing. But yeah they basically think it's fun.

They definitly can
You may have forgotten how it was like to be 6, but I remember that I was sexually attracted to older women at that age (specifically to my mom who used to walk around the house naked).
Since I was able to accept or refuse stuff (food, toys, activities) according to whether I liked them or not at that age (like any non-retarded kid), there's no reason I couldnt have consented on that

Now I'm not justifying pedophilia, and I can understand that children's consent about sex is quite meaningless since they can easily be influenced/pressured...etc (thus justifuing the illegality of pedophilia), but denying the very ability of children to consent is dogmatic and retarded

I doubt fucking will ruin your life
Hormone sex change therapies (that can legally be inflicted on children by degenerate parents) on the other hand....

>you can't overwrite automatic responses, which is what instincts are.

wew

>All these pseuds ITT

As opposed to muh bootstraps muh tabula rasa pulled from self-help articles?

You are not in control of your destiny as much as you want to believe.

You another one of those r9k types attempting to justify their failures in life through determinism? Yes keep believing that.

The big shitfit regarding pedophilia is that a 6yo isn't in any mental capacity to make proper consent, and therefore the elder is akin to rape.

Racists, you have a point. It's abundantly clear all forms of abuse against a racist are now acceptable.

Well you haven't proven him wrong

Same. I can't murder/assault or steal from townsfolk in Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. Kill a bandit all day, but not a farmer.

I have no idea why he posted that image. The data is from fucking google searches.

I don't even disagree, (I'm not the user he was arguing with) free will is an illusion. But I keep seeing these dumb r9k posters misunderstanding everything. My point with the burning Buddhist is that he has managed to '' overwrite automatic responses'' through specific conditioning. And I still hold that the thread is full of reductionist fools and pseuds.

Simple, they do it for power and control. Many have said this over the years.

Serotonin?

>What do criminals think while they torture, assault, rape, and kill people?

That's a bit complicated, but in essence, it's fun to them or they simply see the person as a way to attain sex money or power/control. You ever see those Mexican cartel torture videos? They're laughing and goofing around while doing fucked up things to their victim; the victim in these cases has fucked over the cartel people somehow. Thus they're making an example out of them, and in that game you can't be a pussy, so they require brutal people with nothing hindering them from doing shit like that. And those people end up forming such organizations.

> I mean the sort who just hurt others for fun. Harming others for money, religion, power, race, or even bizarre political/philosophical beliefs make more sense.

When you throw ideology into the mix it gets even more complicated. It ends up being a rationalization/justification for these acts, or simply a cover.

"Despite making up only 7% of the population black males are responsible for around 70% of violent crime huh... really curdles my eggnog"

Something like that

>The big shitfit regarding pedophilia is that a 6yo isn't in any mental capacity to make proper consent
Bullshit no one cares about consent, humans are instinctively programmed to project parental feelings on any human child they see so they see a pedo as a threat to the child and chimp out just as how they would chimp out if they saw you killing a child.

Someone isn't into rough sex.

Best sex I ever had was right after my ex punched me in the face during a heated argument. Took her to the floor and fucked the shit out of her on the living room carpet. She enjoyed the hell out of it too.

Afterwards I had to ask "that wasn't rape was it?" She said no she was into it and the resisting was just for fun.

Shit no wonder all my relationships since her have been fucked.

Everyone can enjoy pain and suffering.

You never felt like punching some particularly annoying person in the face multiple times?

I need to get a girlfriend and then somehow get her to hit me in the face

Finding the girl is the hard part. Once you do just knock her up, convince her to get an abortion, them next time she gets an attitude call her "killer"
>pow
Intheface.jpg

holy fucking kek

then put another baby in her right there on the floor

>What do criminals think while they torture, assault, rape, and kill people?
>I mean the sort who just hurt others for fun
>"Oh man, torturing/assaulting/raping/killing is so fun!"
You anwsered your own question user.

Best Post itt