Military Uniforms

Hey Veeky Forums, which is your favourite?

A E S T H E T I C

Leave Saddam to me.

LOL no

IOTV > PASGT in turns of aesthetics (and everything else).

t. frog

Please, nothing is more aesthetic than PASGT and choco chip.

BEST ARMOR COMING THROUGH

Good Taste

>US Army 1990s uniforms
Actually there appears to be a few different years of uniforms in that picture. The far left looks like a late 70s US Army Soldier with probably an ERDL Tropical Combat Uniform and an M1 helmet with a matching ERDL cover, while the center appears to be perhaps mid-80s since the usage of the Tropical Combat Trousers with all the newer PASGT gear, and the last is definitely into the early 90s. There's quite a lot of detail in that drawing which makes it actually possible to tell what eras they're all from, which is pretty cool.

How would melanin enriched individuals deal with concealment in snowy conditions?

This man knows whats up

French Fusilier + Voltigeur

Best

No contest

I like 80's uniforms.

>Pepsi is officially part of the uniform

Early Vietnam USMC were pretty cool looking.

Get on my level.

contribute or fuck off

Chill out, spunk trumpet.

EXCUSE ME

Imagine how differently it could have gone

>uniforms will never be bold colours again
>they are always going to be boring, grey, green or beige for camoflague reasons

Back in the day, you wanted the enemy to see you.

IN THE NAME OF CHRIST, THEIR ENEMIES CHASTISE

Based

ching chang chong

with the way technology is advancing, typical camouflage will be outdated and useless soon. Wouldnt be surprised if uniforms get more colorful for identification

[dies]

The giant red flowers just ruin it, red is good for accents with green but otherwise the contrast is too jarring

Red and light blue is a good combination too.

How do you call these uniforms anyway?

Thats Dagestan 1999

Chinese Red Army uniforms?

IJA dope AF, highly inspired by the french uniforms but better.

Generaly speaking i fucking love the 80' Aesthetic, West and East (bring back woodland camo)

I have a weakness for the Black Brunswickers, especially since my family came from New Brunswick.

They're kind of the reason why in Anglo-spheres of culture putting skulls on things is seen as badass.

The uniform of a Napoleonic Freikorps officer looks straight out of Warhammer.

Fun fact: The Lutzow Freikorps wore black because it was made up of various recruits who couldn't afford a standard uniform. So they used black to dye over whatever colored clothes they had, since it was the only color that can actually dye over all other colors.

As a result, the color black became very symbolic of the Freikorps, and so they also wore black during the infamous era after WW1 where they were fighting communists. It could be said that it inspired Hugo Boss's design for the German SS uniform.

The use of steel helmets and body armor by French army engineers against British shrapnel shells was a foreshadow of WWI.

Too bad after WWI their prestige declined sharply as they slowly became little more than a psuedo-Prussian Thugee squad of murdering goons.

Someone already posted the French WWI uniforms, so I'll go boy scouts

just attack at night

pic not related?

There is something charming about the simplicity of Yank uniforms in WWI and WWII.

>being that one boffer who can't grow a nose-tickler
Bloody Hellen.

>Roman
>wearing pants

Agreed. Although they did have some badass looking armored vehicles.

Hugo Boss didn't design the SS uniform.

mushroom helmet

Yes they did. Here's an ad for Hugo Boss in 1933 selling SS uniforms.

Bitches love kilts

They made uniforms, they didn't design them.

A E S T H E T I C

Are they using Baker rifles?

Yep, 5/60th rifles. Created before the famous 95th but didn't adopt the baker rifle until 1803, they used Jager Rifles up until that point. Very interesting unit, a lot of "famous facts" about the 95th are wrongly accredited to the 95th and actually came from the 60th.

>typical camouflage will be outdated and useless soon.

Until humans no longer use their eyes to see, camouflage is always going to have a place on the modern battlefield.

then why didn't armies use camouflage before the 20th century? I think what this user means is that formations will change, rendering camouflage useless

They did, in fact see It was used by units that had weapons that were actually effective a long (for the time) ranges. Riflemen and Jagers wore green for camo and the British army was conducting tests for camouflage in the late 18 / early 19th centuries.

>formations will change, rendering camouflage useless

What the fuck does that even mean?

basic

why do they still exist, this (((army))) is a meme
>inb4 muh culture and muh tradition

>WW1
>fighting communists
What?

He was probably referring to the period immediately after the war.

cool shit

This is all you need
oh

Are ghillie suits uniforms?

Aside, you upstarts, the finest fabric worn by men on the battlefield coming through.

No. By definition they are irregular.

This was way ahead of it's time

American Civil War 1st Louisiana Special Battalion Company B "Wheat's Tigers". Based on a Zouave uniform just the pants are made from mattress ticking.

I also unironically love the boyscout uniforms

Where's the love for more modern uniforms?

Gotta get Pancho Villa.

Because they haven't looked good since the early 2000's.

The new OCP uniforms look a'ight. Certainly an improvement over the fucking ACU.

ACU is the cut of the uniform, UCP was the camouflage. Those are still ACU.

they look like turks

why is there a bottle of lube taped to the side?

Because sometimes, when you've been in country for four months, surrounded by other guys who are all as ugly as you from all the (sometimes literal) shit you've been through, you'll be driving along some road in the ass-end of some mountain's ass-end and you'll see this one. Particular. Hole.

And you know what you must do.

I love the old US uniforms from around 1900.

Chasseurs Alpins

some annamese troops