What is masculinity? Be as specific as possible

What is masculinity? Be as specific as possible.

Physical and behavioural traits linked to testosterone.

An attribute pertaining to the nature of the male sex.

>MUH DIIIIICK

Physical independence; confidence; the ability to provide for and protect

This, alongside emotional fortitude and stability, as well as a personal purpose carried by strong conviction in beliefs, values, and duties that extend beyond the bounds of oneself. Ambition, discipline, and proficiency in some vocation, art, etc. naturally follow from the latter.

Resilience

Yes you can argue that women also have resilience but it means something different when women do it. Women endure pain when it is necessary, men endure pain as a strategy to win something.

Lol

Why funny

Until you become a father, any answer you give to this question will be wrong.

So are you saying all men are void of essential masculine traits until they raise children or just that fatherhood is key to attaining a proper understanding of their own innate masculinity?

>This, alongside emotional fortitude and stability
Emotional stability is certainly the ideal, but paradoxically holding that expectation leads to many men hiding their emotions, which in turn causes mental problems.

>as well as a personal purpose carried by strong conviction in beliefs, values, and duties that extend beyond the bounds of oneself. Ambition, discipline, and proficiency in some vocation, art, etc. naturally follow from the latter
These are mostly post-enlightenment ideals, and are not exclusively masculine, although men are held to these standards more-so than women, even today.

The former. Masculinity is entirely a mental state and it cannot be understood except in the context of having a child. Being a father IS being a man. Every other sort of trait we try to assign to it are irrelevant to manhood as a role or state of mind. It's not about physical dominance, it's not about determination or anything like that. Once you have a child you have an almost religious epiphany.

My father was wrong about nearly everything he ever told me except for this. I didn't believe it or understand until I was there myself.

>Emotional stability is certainly the ideal, but paradoxically holding that expectation leads to many men hiding their emotions, which in turn causes mental problems.
Well, I'd say that attempting to fallaciously maintain the image of emotional stability implies that you lack it to begin with. That is, having the confidence and poise to securely express your sincere emotions without fear of somehow losing your appearance of masculinity comes with emotional stability. It's more about essence than appearance, I think.

A set of cultural beliefs based somewhat on physical characteristics of the male sex.

You don't think qualities like determination necessarily follow from or are encompassed within the fatherly state of mind?

But confidence can be across genders.
Much of this is neither masculine or feminine. They are simply traits that most of humanity does not possess, but some do.

The idea of masculinity is a social construct pertaining to certain feats that a male person should have and a female person should not have. The specifics of what is perceived as masculine can vary over time and and across cultures, but a few things seem to be very common:
>physical strength and endurance, athleticism
>the ability to stand up for oneself; high social status or at least the disposition to compete for social status with other males
>virility, the ability to father a child
>confidence
>no sexual or intimate contact with members of his own sex

I'd suggest that those qualities are only "not strictly masculine or feminine" if you don't approach the subject from an idealistic standpoint that's based on the assumption that not all men are necessarily masculine just by virtue of being men. But if you're not interested in identifying what is and isn't "masculine" from that perspective, you're pretty much just limited to identifying physical traits, which doesn't really make for an interesting discussion and it's obviously not what OP is looking for. Even if you allow a psychological factor in that, you're only going to be able to discuss highly flexible tendencies of behavior rather than a concrete definition of "masculinity."

That's not to say that I'm necessarily correct in the traits that I personally identify as masculine, but it is to suggest that a trait might not automatically be disqualified from being "masculine" simply because it's a trait that some women have and some men do not.

It's a spook.

Not being a soppy worthless cunt with 8 genders.

not asian

bad immune system seems more womanly than manly.