Here's La Defense, Paris.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian's_Palace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salona
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Glass skyscrapers make me wet.

>literally a containment arrondissement for skyscrapers

based parisians

So why is it that Europe cant into skyscrapers?

All the buildings posted so far have been European, and also, skyscrapers.

It's great that Paris didnt end up architecturally JUSTed like London
If it wasnt for the muslims, it could even be a decent city

I can't believe they only buildt like 8 buildings in this style, with half of them buildt during the revivalist movement.

continuing italian fascist dodecanese dump

>trying to turn London into an American-style big bland city
Tragic. It baffles me how people who live in big American cities can feel any sort of pride in them, they all look the same.

woops

art deco church

the small kos jewish community also built a synagogue under italian rule in the early 1930s. nazis seized the island from the italians in wwii after mussolini got deposed. they proceeded to deport all 150 jews from the island, where all perished in auschwitz save one survivor who returned to the island after the war

villa

that was the last cool one i could find. hope you all enjoyed

I appreciated it for sure.

I normally hate blocky modernist shit but for some reason love international style skyscrapers. Guess it's that 70s/80s nostalgia.

The only nice European skylines are Frankfurt, Moscow and I guess Paris. London looks like ass and the rest isn't even worth mentioning.

East Asia > USA >>>>>>>> Yurop

>The Arche is turned at an angle of 6.33° about the vertical axis. The most important reason for this turn was technical: with a métro station, an RER station, and a motorway all situated directly underneath the Arche, the angle was the only way to accommodate the structure's giant foundations.

does that trigger your autism?

>Canada's Paris

Shidhole

St John's College, Cambridge

The Egyptian Building in Richmond, Virginia

Jarring

Looks kinda trashy, to be honest. Like something you would expect to see in Vegas.

I really don't get why we just copy designs from other parts of the world and put them onto our land.

It's like a country full of kitsch. I mean, we don't even copy them right. This shit is made from concrete and plaster.

Neoclassicalism is lame.

America is a very young country made up of immigrants. You ask anyone what their heritage is, and they'll say German, French, Japanese, Russian etc. These people were born and raised in America for generations, yet they still call themselves what their great great grandparents were. America was basically founded on copying other cultures. Just look at the architecture in DC, we took all of it from ancient Greece. I think that eventually America will figure out their own culture and we won't need to imitate everyone else.

Post meme buildings from your city.

>I can't believe they only buildt like 8 buildings in this style
there's like 8000 in northern germany and if you go to netherlands it's the whole country

I prefer something like pic related. Sure its revival-ish, but at least it's trying to be different.

Which parts are the most important in Laugier's primitive hut?
>The Column
>The Entablature
>The Pediment
Which Parts do you think he got wrong?

Forgot pic

Which parts are the most important in Laugier's primitive hut?
>The Column
>The Entablature
>The Pediment
Which Parts did he got wrong?

>they all look the same.
Do yourself a favor, don't look into renting in the suburbs.

The problem is the impetus is soley on short-sighted flash in the pan revenue streams. It's the same problem China has right now.

>Well our town doesn't really have anything.
>Hey let's just build the Parthenon that'll draw in some tourists right?

Except people go to Paris and London and Venice for a reason and it's not just the buildings.

>hurr Americans have no culture or distinctiveness in their cities

Boy, do I ever get tired of this shitty trite assertion that other countries have against us.

t. Urban Planner

Literally already happened
The Parthenon was built as a civic monument for an exposition commemorating the centennial of the state. Not much different than the revivalist architecture already employed across Europe in that century.

Was in The Hague a few months ago. Pretty underrated city

Personally, i find most of these disgusting. Just look at the shape they are in, to start with.

Ok.

>disgusting
why
they are modest because the dodecanese weren't the richest italian colonies. i still think its cool that the fascists left an architectural legacy in unexpected places.

What is the best planned city in the world and why is it Paris?

Louis Sullivan is bae

>America will figure out their own culture
As the other user said, already happened

Bucharest?

An Area of central Athens.

Does anyone else think that Victorian architecture looked like complete shit? I live in New England and the landscape is just filled with these dilapidated Victorian buildings that property owners try to chalk up as "historic" or "having character"

No, it's an old piece of shit that should have been bulldozed 30 years ago. Build a modern building, please, for fucks sake.

Well it depends on tge city. East Coast cities often feel pretty European but I live in Phoenix which is the most cookie cutter generic suburbia city ever.

Mediterranean cities are so beyond fugly if you ignore historical buildings which constitute like 5% of the place at the very most. Greek and Israeli cities look like something between Russua and Arab shitholes.

Residential, yes.

Nah man fuck your shit taste

Would've been better if it was popular in the South.

How many levels of Marxism are you on right now?
Oh like maybe 5 or 6 right now my dude.
You are like a baby. Watch this

I like them, to be honest. Hailing from a small town in middle America, we have a few in our town. They're beautiful when someone puts in the effort to do general upkeep. My dream is to raise my family in a Victorian home in somewhere in a midwestern rural community.

What the fuck

It's much comfier than it looks.

And cheaper. You make equivalent priced and comfort nice looking buildings and you win the price!

the horror

>tfw living there

Smaller or mid-sized Mediterranean cities are great to live in. As someone already said, they are super comfy. Great weather and quite sunny all year round.

does the lack of perfect square grids scare you yankie

I used to live in a port like that, just more old in comparison to pic rel many years ago. Happiest days of my life...fuckin 2009....

:D

It should be left like that as a sculpture...

That's Split, a city that grew up out of the Diocletian's Palace. Not far from city center is Salona, an old Greek settlement. So its quite old.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian's_Palace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salona

Salona was a major provincial capital for many years.