RIP in peace Palmyra

RIP in peace Palmyra

;_;7

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2xvdHYcvoek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is always sad when artifacts and ancient sites like this get damaged.

But let's not put the blame on an entire religion due to the actions of a few extremists another certain board of low-IQ individuals would do.

can you fuck off already

I'm not sure which one of you are worse, /pol/tards or anti-/pol/tards

>Pagan degeneracy.
Nothing of value was lost.

Right, just because a select "few" people terrorize the world lets not blame the rest of the followers of a ancient religion with a history of brutality and terrorism stretching to modernity. #notallmuslims amaright?

I dont know whats worse, the followers of a savage religion or the ones who defend them.

IT IS A RELIGION OF PEACCCEEEE

Fuck off kid. Islam has been trashing sites of importance since Muhammed smashed up the Kaabaa.

>religion literally bans statues of all kinds, musical instruments, drawings of animals etc
>hurrr islam dindu nuffin

Anyways, this is fucking embarrassing for Russia and Assad after all that propaganda last year

The majority of Nazi Party members were not involved in any war crimes. I guess by your standards Nazism is innocent - just blame Hitler.

That's why the Quran and many has an and toptier rated hadiths order destruction of artifacts right ?

It'll get rebuilt for the tourism shekels

How is that any different from Christian destruction of Pagan cultural artifacts, or Iconoclasts destruction of other Christian's art? Before you start acting like Islam is a unique "cancer" look at how much of your own heritage has been destroyed by fanatics.

It's not, but we're living in an era where the appreciation and preservation of historical artifacts is paramount.

5/10 because you're getting replies

religion of peace trolling is kinda old hat and too easy with all the stormfags thou

>not at the same scale
>adapting was often preferred over destruction
Meanwhile in mudslime land
>durr let's try to tear down the pyramids
>durr blow up da Buddha

>appreciation and preservation of historical artifacts is paramount.

It really isn't. Sure ISIS gets all the press, but far more damage is done to historical artifacts in developing countries. Globalization is doing more to destroy remnants than a bunch of Arabs.

>pagan shrine gets pulled down
>peasants go on with their lives
>isis blows up ancient monuments
>instantly reported to the entire world

Gee, I wonder why it seems like they're destroying the past on a greater scale.

And real talk. Who do these monuments belong to? The dead people that built them? The nation they currently lie in's people?
The future generations who might or might not appreciate them?

Palmyra and the buddhas were protected the several centuries before by muslims.

yeah, because it's not like islamic regimes and muslims protected or kept intact the bamiyan buddha or palmyra for all these years.

What'a wrong with destruction of cultural heritage, exactly?

*What's

>comparing a 1400 year old global religion to a 20th century german political ideology
apples and oranges

>durr let's try to tear down the pyramids
this never happened, the pyramids were damaged in an earthquake which made most of the capstones fall off, they were then used to build mosques instead of repairing the pyramids.

Lost tourism shekels.

At least Palmyra was a place people wanted to go to before. Now it's rocks in a desert. Arguably it was always rocks in a desert, but at least the rocks were carved into a shape people wanted to visit. Now it's just rubble.

Palmyra had it coming, it was an islamophobic monument.

Let this be a lesson to other ancient buildings that dare remind the peaceful Muslims about the Jahiliyah.

This is the most plebeian post I've ever read on Veeky Forums.

>m-m-muh hurritage

Shitting humans 2000 years ago carved some temples and now they're gone. Sorry for your loss. Life will move on.

Why are you even on this board if you hate history?

>& Humanities

>support isis because it is against russian aligned middle-eastern leaders
>get triggered when the religious nutjobs act according to their beliefs and destroy historical artifacts that they deem to be haram or pagan

Well doubly so then, because humanities includes art and aesthetics.

Seems contradictory to me to be flippant about architectural monuments from a time gone by being destroyed when you're on the board that cherishes these kinds of things.

You're really going to ask such questions on Veeky Forums? Why are you here?

And the Sphinx lost hev nose in nam right also yes some Arab shitlord during the Umayyad period tried to but only managed to get a few stones out hence the small corner missing in one of them

This thread is now about triggering Sand people and leftist cuckolds with European and art and purity.

Wrong

Delet this

To discuss history and humanities, duh
You haven't answered my question. What's wrong with destruction of shrines worshipped by pagans if their beliefs and practices are objectively wrong?

Nothing is wrong with it. Just like nuking media or mecca, not much will be lost.

It's just that we value ancient civs more than your pedophile goatfucking current one. :)

>What's wrong with destruction of shrines worshipped by pagans if their beliefs and practices are objectively wrong?

>are objectively wrong?

t. Farooq Ibn Saud

What's wrong with pedophilia and goatfucking?

nice, but do you have any with severe weather? always liked paintings of storms and such

What are you, a pagan?

It's the degenerate pastime of a sand people with the IQ of a squirell and it should be made illegal along with your faggotry.

Don't have many on my phone but I'll look.

Filthy kuffar, this time they will get the job done.

youtube.com/watch?v=2xvdHYcvoek

>sandniggers destroy middle eastern monument
>I will trigger them by posting enlightenment era art

epic thread.

>It's the degenerate pastime of a sand people with the IQ of a squirell

And? How does this make it a bad thing?

>middle eastern monument
>Palmyra
You fail at history.

Because I said so. Fuck your liberalism, pleb.

Not an argument

its in the middle east.

>something being in the middle east makes it middle eastern
I guess Köningsberg was a Slavic pagan megacity with flying carbs before the Germans came.

>arguments
I see your argument and I raise you a Gulag.

Cars

Can you stop posting this garbage? Every piece of art you have posted thus far has been plebeian shit.

>>something being in the middle east makes it middle eastern

What did he mean by this

Hm... No. Go make a menstrual canvas post modern cuckold.

Hellenism, Roman Empire

>something being in the middle east makes it middle eastern

Yes it does. Are you retarded?

>hellenism
>half was hellas was in anatolia
>greatest greek city is now a part of an islamic nation.
Lets face it. You want to do an art dump, do it in another thread.
No one is getting triggered by your paintings. Create a thread for it and we can discuss your paintings in it.

>I guess Köningsberg was a Slavic pagan megacity with flying carbs before the Germans came.

No one said Palmyra was Arabic. It's more like saying Kaliningrad is East European.

Nope it really doesn't. Maybe geographically but even you can't be so retarded as to think that we are talking about geographical location over cultural influence, right?

Europe made Palmyra great.

I never said it was Arabic either. But neither Middle Eastern.

>Istanbul
Okay Turkey we got it. But if you're not triggered why did you reply?

Different user here.

He wasn't comparing Nazism and Islam as such, moreover comparing how people regard the two, i.e. Nazism is totally bad, whilst Islam is good but with a crazy minority. Nonetheless, Islam and Nazism have very similar traits in practice.

see

because you aren't adding anything to the thread. All the pictures you dump will not be appreciated.

Make a new one. Art dumps are always welcome, but please make an art dump thread.

because islam in practice has had tons of variation depending on everything from local weather and diet while nazism was specifically a german ideology that rose up in the aftermath of ww1.

It's not a great comparison, as Nazism was never anything but what it was. A better comparison is with nationalism, of which Nazism was one of its uglier faces that soured a lot of people on nationalism in general.

>Islam and Nazism have very similar traits in practice

Such as?

The original comment was about the whole idea of Islam being a good religion with a minority of fundamentalists. That's a somewhat fair comment with regards to the people of the religion. Clearly not all Muslims are Jihadis. However, that doesn't mean the religion itself is in the clear to exist without criticism and vilification. The majority of members of the Nazi were just members and were not involved in war crimes, yet nobody has ever said "Nazism was peaceful, it's just a minority that are radical". Clearly the majority of the Nazi Party, whilst innocent, were in favour or at least not bothered by the crimes of Nazi Germany. Can the same be said for Muslims? It's debatable, although (from my experiences) it's very similar.

I'm not the same guy, but the two comparisons that spring to mind are the beliefs that a certain type of person is superior to others, and the use of warfare to spread the ideology.

We are.
But only from a upper class western perspective.
Beyond that, we aren't doing jack shit to preserve them.

Its too big for that.
I can't think of a tourism site that is bigger than 100x100 meters. Even gigantic museums is rather small, once you look at the structure versus what they house

>Ancient religion
>Islam
Excuse me what ?
Islam litteraly is one of the most recent abrahamic religions out there

1300 years is quite old compared to the many offshoots of Judaism and Christianity.

>Own heritage
Fuck off mate my ancesters where budhist and islam has quite litteraly wiped that heritage out of countries like afghanistan

What cultural structure do you guys think these mudslimes would need to destroy before people actually gave a shit? I am willing to bet it would take nothing short of the Pyramids or the Vatican being attacked before the normies actually got outraged enough to let unlimited bombing campaigns to start again. I don't want to see more places of cultural relevance damaged and I'm scared it will just keep happening until we annihilate these extremist assholes from the face of the planet.

Good. Islam > Buddhism

>annihilate these extremist assholes from the face of the planet.

Sounds pretty extremist desu

The west is impotent and weak in all regards not connected to immediate economic needs as it is afraid of its potential of crueltly, our demographic is collapsing and many countries of its sphere are suffering an identity crisis.
There wont be a muzziecaust.