Whale Walls

What to do in situations like this, HODL or sell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOrLwosTtZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're real, but hodl all the same.
ETC was bound to moon in a few hours, and it still will once they let go.

No, these whales are strong.

ETH has been trying to get past $235 and beyond for 2-3 days now.

It won't happen unless they stop trying to sell it at that price. There's too many walls to get to $250. Maybe next week sometime.

Red is buying and green selling right?

no its red sell green buy

youtube.com/watch?v=bOrLwosTtZc

Watch him he's fairly accurate..
but he doesn't seem to take into mind how big the walls are.

do you think that these walls are up to keep the price down?

No shit?

but if you're holding that much, wouldn't you want the price to go up? why keep it down?

cause they are holding much much more, and also shaping the chart

then why wouldn't they just put all of their shit up and make an even more impossible wall?

these theories are fucking retarded

>whale puts up a wall to make you sell
>guys should i sell?

sorry for my naivete, but how do you think they are shaping the chart? it was already in an upward trend so why would someone who is holding a large quantity want to change a bullish chart?

Yeah. The bad thing about ETH is that 75% of it is owned by corporations/banks/vitalik/etc (these are the whales).

Ultimately the market will go in the direction they want it to go because they own the largest stake and for some reason they don't want it to budge over $240-$250 just yet. They're keeping it down for others to buy in as a strategy perhaps.

What the fuck do you mean theories you low iq subhuman? Is this your first market? You literal piece of shit, never reply to me again.

They would risk not being able to sell higher. They put up enough to get the job done. They are much smarter than you.

Cause if they think it is bullish long term, they can try to shake out dumb money, trigger stop losses, shape it to be more bullish by showing consolidation, etc.

so what's happening is that these large holders see ethereum as going up extremely high, even higher than it has been, so they want to try to make the current average joe eth holder sell of so that they can scoop it up and own as large as a percent as they can. sort of like the world current gold holder. is that the theory?

My (out of my ass) theory is that they're waiting for the impending btc and/or ripple corrections to land on the moon, possibly getting 1st on market cap.
r8

alright first of all, that user's chart is completely fucked up, gives a terrible perspective

THIS is what the ETH wall actually looks like

The buy is MUCH bigger than the sell

What this fake buy wall is for is to push the price up, which is what has already happened. It will not go past ATH on this run. The current direction is DOWN.

Currently, they are intermittently dumping their eth while their buy wall stops eth from dropping too low so they can sell their ETH at a decently high average price point

see how that other user didn't even notice the fact that the fake buy is bigger? That's because they put the wall far back enough to make sure they didn't ACTUALLY buy any ETH

When they complete their ETH dump at their desired price point, the wall will fall back and the price will tumble to a new low. They will continue their dump at a higher AVERAGE price point than they bought for, etc etc...

This will continue for 2 weeks. ETH has conferences mid to late june, and the whales will resume pump a day or so before the conferences start up.

Clockwork pump and dump.

You're welcome.

Many big holders of all kinds of companies/coins will sell on pops and buy back on low fibonacci indicators. Or they might use ichimoku, or whatever. Point is this stuff is getting shuffled, as well as being shaped to help form the chart.

>smarter than you

all you literally do is just sell or buy i duno whats so hard about this to understand

Go work in finance and tell them that

These charts are being manipulated as well as whales can manipulate them

Thanks pede

do you think that this is a good thing for a long term ethereum holder? it seems like they are shaping it to accumulate as much Ethereum as possible as the price has continued to go up these past couple months

It's ultimately meaningless that people are shaping the chart as this happens all the time to every coin. I would worry about how the actual chart looks, and if money will come into eth. If you are long term this isn't indicative of anything. It just means I'm probably selling my eth as it comes in from coinbase on Friday then buying back lower.

And dats why i dont like eth, you cant just win if youre not followin their movement.

ive been watching farmer__joe on youtube and thats what he has advised doing as well.

he has also found a pattern where the price of eth has doubled at a constant rate, a rate that has been halved every time as well. if that isn't market manipulation..

If you are long term (I'm only medium-term on eth) then who gices a fuck. Stop worrying and just sell gradually if you see it going parabolic.

i know i just thought that the pattern was very interesting. i also like to learn as much as i can about all of this. it's very interesting to me

the market volume is only 789,000,000

it was as high as 1,500,000,000 a day or two ago

what's causing the volume to be so low?

not enough buyers?

That's good. Start using trading view and learn about ichimoku clouds and heiken ashi candles. Both very useful for finding momentum. I also use 200 sma.

generally do the opposite of what the wall implies

large ask walls are to force people ahead in the orderbook to sell into what is likely that same whale's bid orders.

After enough of that, or when he feels he's enticed enough traders into short positions, he flips the ask wall to a bid wall (or just removes the ask wall) and the market begins to surge upwards.

ye totally

i bookmarked those terms on ivestopedia. a lot of complex stuff. i will soak it up like a sponge. thank you my friend

to accumulate more at a low cost. Only by breaking the wall will the price drastically shift: in the meantime, may as well gobble up all the single digit floating coins before it. May not come out to much, but doing this for every investment adds up to quite a bit.