Did any of your ancestors serve in any wars, Veeky Forums?

Did any of your ancestors serve in any wars, Veeky Forums?

My Great Grandfather served with the 7th Armoured Division in North Africa, Italy, and Germany as part of the crew of a Sherman I believe.
His own father and his uncle both served in the Great War. Beyond that, I don't know much about them.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Scheer
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/8th_Ohio_Infantry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. He killed many yankees until getting wounded. Good times.

How many did he get, user?

All four of grandparents were Yugoslav partizans

My great grandfather served at the Somme for the British army and got mustard gassed by some fucking Huns. Both of my grandfathers also served in the military, my mom's dad sailed around in the US navy for a few years having a good time and my Dad's dad was in the British army for a bit, he was a cook right after WWII (he was just a bit too young for the war) and I guess he avoided getting sent to India becaus he got really sick. I heard that one of my Mom's descendants was a Union colonel or something in the US Civil War but I haven't confirmed this.

I have several ancestors and relatives who fought for the Confederacy.

Three of my great-grandfathers served during the First World War. At least two of them were actually on the Western Front.

My grandfathers, both of whom are still alive, were in uniform during the Second World War, but neither of them saw action, although their older brothers did. One of them also served during the Korean War.

My father was of age during the draft, but luckily he was never called up.

This is my Great Great Grandfather. He loved war, fought in numerous conflicts for the Brits
>Participated in the Second Boer War at 14
>Campaigned in India (where he got his Tattoos)
>Fought in the First World War on the front, got tons of medals, gassed and shot
>Came Back in WW2 to serve again, got a training position (must have been over 50)
>Survived all these battles and conflicts only to get hit by a bus in Winnipeg when coming out of a Legion Hall

I've got some letters actually that he wrote back home. He comically joked Winnipeg would kill him (this was in 1913) and another letter to his brother during the First World War mentioned how French cunny was good.

Was he Australian?

Nah he was a Brit. Moved to Alberta after the 1st World War, then to Winnipeg before the 2nd.
Here he is again in WWII, not sure what these bands represent though.

[spoiler]It was actually a joke because of your flipped image[/spoiler]

Ive been told this is my great uncle
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Scheer

>Great Grandfather
>joined British army at 17
>sent to Ireland during the Easter rising
>once it was over he was sent to the western front and spent the remainder of the war there

My grandmother told me that he was a happy and talkative man but whenever the subject of the war came up he would go quiet. As he got older he was able to talk about it more, but he never quite got over the experience.

Yes.

They fought in WW1 ( in Gallipoli) and then Turkish indepence war. My grandmother told me 3 enemy soldiers succesfully sneak into to the turkish lines for blowing turkish ammunitions and my great grandfather killed them only with a bayonet. He has a indepence medal for that

My mom's grandfather fought in WW2 on the Pacific front and fought in Korea. He died before I was born, but I was told he never spoke about it and never discussed it. He lost his faith in Christianity after that, I don't blame him.

My grandfather served on the eastern front during WW2 more specifically on the Karlean front.

I don't know much about what he did, and some things are best to not mention but here are the details i know.

He was sixteen when the Germans invaded and lied about his age to become a Frontkjemper (Front fighter = Norwegians in German service)
He was in the Norges Skikompani (Norwegian Ski company) and SS Skijegerkompani (Ski Jeager company) and was demobilized in 1944 just a few days before the battle of Kaprolat and Hasselmann witch destroyed the entire company.

He was sentenced to 4 years of forced labor.

That's about it, got two pictures of him while in service, one from the royal archives (all the info above is all that stood in his file) and this one he gave to a friend while back. He also left behind a reproduction of a map in witch lists some mountains in Finland.

My mother said he was a medic but i doubt that after seeing his gear.
If anyone know a thing or two about the Karlean front or the Ski Jägers it would be much appreciated. (Archives here are really brief)

All of my great grandfathers served in the Spanish Civil War. None of them actually wanted to fight, but were forced to.

My grand-father on my dad side fought in the Six days war
My great grandparents on my mom side died in the Corsican Maquis during WWII

Of course not. Fighting wars is for retards.

Disgusting.

My father fought in the Homeland War. His father in World War 2 as Croatian Homeguard and his father as Royal Croatian Homeguard in World War 1.

I have a few distant cousins that fought in the Lebanese civil war on the falangist christian side

My greatgrandpa was the son of a powerful landowner in Molise, served briefly as Mussolini's Guard then went to fight in El Alamein, where he was captured by the British and sent to India. There he was tortured, I don't really know how, then came back to Italy ten years later, and joined neo-fascist party Italian Social Movement.

My Great Grandfather was the ops officer for the 36th Texas Division in WW2, he saw some combat in Italy

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/8th_Ohio_Infantry

The first ancestor of mine to live in the US fought in this unit, while not being able to speak any English.

German?

ustaši fuck off

My greatgrandfather was on the Italian front in WWI. After he returned he got mixed up in domestic terrorism and had to flee Czechoslovakia. He ended up in Poland and fought in war of 1920

>Ustaše
>Homeguard

Why are you on Veeky Forums and commenting on this if you don't know anything? I'd sue you for slandering my grandfather if I cared enough desu.

Nope. Not once. Goes straight back to the first lifeform, with no conflicts whatsoever.

Yes, my great grandfather fought for norway in ww2. He died before I was born, and I only visit my grandparents once a year so I have heard little about him but I've seen pictures of him hanging on the wall.

Great Grandfather and his dad in the world wars as medics.
My grandfather himself served in either Korea or Vietnam as a mechanic.
Had some ancestors in the Boer war
that is about all I know