Launching a Cryptocoin eBay

Hey guys, I spent a year creating a marketplace where you can buy and sell things with crypto. The site will support a lot of coins but I just want to launch with support for a couple.

Which altcoins could benefit from a safe marketplace to buy and sell stuff?

Nothing illegal allowed on the site with strict moderation to ensure safe trades through user verification. Not a place for users concerned with anonymity, more like normie marketplace like ebay.

Ive spent the year testing it. Ended up with 3k users and ~4k transactions, maybe ~15 ending up in disputes which were easily resolved. Testing phase did not use
cryptocurrency but with my countrys currency.

Site also has ability to purchase shipping labels directly through the site with whatever cryptocoin you're using for those mailing items out.

Im thinking the target market is people with low altcoin balances that would never really turn their coins to cash. So spending $10 or $50 on a product would benefit them without the need of turning their coin into bitcoin. This way they shop and spend their actual coin and another user gets the coin instead of a business that just turns it immediately into cash by selling the coin.

What altcoins would you suggest to target first?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but you might want to add DGB to the list. Lotta future bag holders.

This is a great idea

BTC, ETH - these two are no negotiations. have them or fail basically.

After that i have no idea. Stratis looks pretty solid.

DGB, and its not even close.

i mean of course BTC and ETH, but after that, DGB no doubt. DGB will also be easiest for your site to handle

Fuck. Litterally yesterday I asked a webdeveloper friend if it wasn't a great idea to start up a website like this that accepts btc, for all the people who will be sitting with huge gains + a huge legimate way to spend your money. Anyway, good luck man!

BTC and ETH of course. After that DBG, XEM, LTC maybe Golem and Dogecoin?

Make sure to have a transaction ledger so Amerifriends can record their taxes for the IRS.

Also, BTC-ETH-LTC for the major coins, and add any other coins in the top 20 or 25.

Digibyte looks good, the payment processor I'm integrating supports it.

Great to hear, I think this will work well as long as the security and ease of use is there. Ive researched into all the marketplaces that came and went to try to figure out where they went wrong.

BTC definitely but will probably urge customer to purchase items through a coinbase balance to avoid transaction fees. Ive been trying to find ways to reduce bitcoin fees.

ETH I will add but admittedly I know nothing about it. Will do some research but its interesting to see how prominent it is nowadays.

DGB looks good. I like coins with low transaction fees as they can just pass through the site easily.

Cryptocoins need a lot of marketplaces most likely and theres always room. I said the same as you when I seen previous marketplaces but they all closed up shop over the years.

Thanks! Yes, will make sure a more uniformed ledger is available as well.

I forgot the name of it but there was a website that let you buy random stuff with extra BTC, like gaming keyboards and stuff. Could make something similar but more refined

NEM, Ripple and Sia.

+1 for DGB
>Demographic is tech savvy enough to adopt it
>Gamers hate eBay and PayPal with a passion
>Major benefit to international video game marketplaces. The current system is made up of private sales, slow wait times, and hurdle jumping. Instant pay in DGB would blow that OUT of the water.

What would be the point? Biz has gone to absolute shit. Why wouldn't someone just sell it on eBay where they will get 100000x more viewers and get a currency that isn't going to vary 50% in value within hours

To add...

The video game market is full of scammers and con-artists, so a purely DGB marketplace "by and for gamers, enthusiasts, and collectors who don't mind holding some of their money in a currency solely for buying video games" has a nice ring to it!

are trading threads legal on biz? Like, hi I have thing, you have memecoins, let us do this.

OP what is your email? Our businesses have a lot in common. Maybe you'd be interested in cross-marketing

Why do so so many people have problems with paypal? I used them for almost everything for i don't even know how long, 9 years? I had my account frozen once when it was trading larger amounts, after verification i've never heard so much as a peep from paypal. So i ask again whats the issue?

I think benefit is:
Seller: Get coin directly by selling item for coin instead of selling item on eBay. eBay has 10% trans fee, 2.9% plus $0.30 USD Paypal fee. Then use paypal to buy coin paying for coin tx fee and markup.

Buyer: Coin holder gets item, especially user with low coin balance who may not be integrated on any exchanges and will probably never do much with coins.

It is also like gambling. Sell some game key you dont need, get some coins. If they go up, you retire in third world country live like king. If they go down, at least you didnt pay for them.

No marketplace will be used by all. I dont even know if this will survive past launch but will do my best.

marketplaceforcrypto at gmail.com

I think people have a bad experience or hear of someone having a bad experience. Their fees suck but Paypal has always treated me fairly.

Most marketplaces will get scammers but as long as you can weed them out and try to educate the buyers so they dont fall victim it could be minimized at least.

Thank you for your ideas

LTC its fast

Just startup on waves. You have a really good idea, it can't hurt. An official token on Waves would be sick if I could use it in an Ebay type environment. Use whatever coins you want, but don't forget Waves. This is what Waves was made for. Contact the Waves devs, or apply for the waves icohub contest. If you make it on the contest, you will be fucking set buddy. Plus you will have the liquidity of the Waves dex, along with whatever else you choose.

Can you sell services and jobs as well ? Like outsourcing and shit.

My friend has been telling me to add that. Right now its setup like a smaller ebay with dozens of categorys.

I will add Services but have to rework it to allow sellers to specify a deliver time frame. Its already setup to display like past reviews of the specific listing.

Looking into waves now

The tax implications would be a nightmare