youtube.com/watch?v=7hYtN2zWX8c
youtube.com/watch?v=0oAtMMvnDy0
youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0
youtu.be/JGbPShUpjpg
youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc
amazon.com/Kingdom-Heaven-Directors-Four-Disc-Special/dp/B000EHSVQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit bait, apply yourself.

300 is too cheesy and fantasyish for my tastes. I fell asleep halfway through, maybe it was meant for the big screen and 3d glasses.

These are not Kino.
Maybe only Gladiator.

>shitty modern big screen epics

What? No Alexander with disturbingly anorexic Angelina Jolie as The Great's creepy Mom?

I never got to see Hacksaw Ridge in theatres, how was that?

>Troy

Even that is not valid historicity.

Maximus was Commodus. It was ecellent story telling, expanding the deeds of Commodus into the other characters, thus exploring the man in greater detail by delegating aspects of his character to fictitious extensions.

Did it now? I'm not well versed in the personas of the Emperors of Rome, so I never noticed.

I do know that the movie was hardly historical, but then again, making a movie that is completely true to its sources might not turn out to be a good movie at all. Real life is boring, war is boring, politics is boring, everything is slow as fuck when you follow the development of things minutely.

Is Patriot the greatest independence kino? Too bad they had to shoehorn the French at the end.

Patriot is to historiography what The Core is to physics: A film so far detached from reality that whole university courses are taught about the vast amount of inaccuracies and errors.

Kingdom of Heaven directors cut
Alexander directors cut
Barry Lyndon
Mongol
Fetih 1453

These are the only that come to mind at the moment.

No. It's a horribly inaccuarte jerkoff film.

Barry Lyndon is fictional, but god damn what a beautiful movie

"The Duellists" ought to be on that list. Great movie, great costumes, great duels. Also someone really needs to do a new Napoleonic era movie soon, and on something other than Waterloo if possible.

It was awesome.

What about Master & Commander? I know it is based off of a series of literature books, but I think it provides a nice look into the ships during the age of sail.

>antagonist ship is American in the novel
>movie makes it French because American audience would chimp out otherwise

If I was a professional historian The Patriot would make me want to neck myself.

Id vote for a movie about battle of austerlitz starting when napoleon was encamped near england

Gangs of New York [spoiler]fuck you, I liked it[/spoiler]

A great film on autism, based on an actual story of extreme autism

>As a young officer in Napoleon's Army, Dupont was ordered to deliver a disagreeable message to a fellow officer, Fournier, a rabid duellist. Fournier, taking out his subsequent rage on the messenger, challenged Dupont to a duel. This sparked a succession of encounters, waged with sword and pistol, that spanned decades.

>hey fought their first duel in 1794 from which Fournier demanded a rematch. This rematch resulted in at least another 30 duels over the next 19 years, in which the two officers fought mounted, on foot, with swords, rapiers and sabres.

A big budget movie on the Invasion of Russia would be epic

>Fetih 1453

What is the Russian version of War and Peace from the 60s

The battle scenes were great but I was thinking of a movie more centered around the war rather than the autism of Russian nobles

Can't believe nobody has mentioned pic related. Best battle sequences ever put on film.

Back this, real soldiers.

>Braveheart

And for my next trick, I will be annihilated by the English and accomplish nothing with my sacrifice.

>chimp out
I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.

>that moment when the Imperial Guard advances to La Gloire est à Nous

youtube.com/watch?v=1oLflPilcMc

Posting my faves. Hate and rate

Europa Europa
Come and See
Shop on Main Street
The Ascent
Story of Women
Lebanon
Waltzes with Bashir
Spartacus
Barry Lyndon
Dances With Wolves
Pretty Village Pretty Flame
Deer Hunter
Woman Alone (1981)
Cold Days (1966)

Call me odd, but I really enjoyed Plunkett & MacLeane, entertaining, good set, and young Liv Tylor as a bonus.

I believe HBO is doing a mini series on Napoleon using Kubricks unused movie notes and script.

>The Patriot
shit
>Kingdom of Heaven
good
>Gladiator
okay
>Braveheart
meh
>Saving Private Ryan
okay
>300
shit
>Schindler's List
kino
>Troy
shit

Pure Coalitionkino.

>You will never see another film battle like this

Why is Napoleon always American?

Seriously the French are never French in any historical films made outside France. The Spanish are played by Spaniards, Scots (mostly) by Scots, Germans by Germans, Anglos by Anglos, but never French by French.

>The Spanish are played by Spaniards
By Mexicans*

>Germans by Germans
By muh heritage 14/88th German-Americans

Because the only French actor who was able to speak english was Gerard Depardieu and he wasnt' fit for the role.

I amaze myself with how much i liked 300 the first time i watched it and how much i hated it every subsequent time i did.

>tfw you can no longer find Napoleon Hussars uniforms in antique shops in London and Paris and use them for your ultra-realistic movies

Most of those films are historically inaccurate

Pretty cucky, you sure care a lot for propaganda

>Schwindler's list
>kino

It would be fucking depressing as hell

>unironically being a /pol/tard

Braveheart does the same thing, the Wars of the Roses are invoked in Braveheart.

Commodus wass reputed to have killed 100s of people in combat, in the gladiatorial games.

>Fetih 1453

>unironically being a weasel like

Worth it completely for DDL, managed to make a goofy Willy Wonka dude absolutely terrifying.

I'd prefer band of brothers over saving private ryan.

Are there any good films or tv series about the American Revolution and/or the subsequent years that followed? Most specifically anything about Thomas Jefferson.

Well, given that France was much more relevant than the US in that era, it's quite an improvement

If there's an equivalent to kino for TV, this is it

I never watched zulu,i heared its good

Blackhawl down.

Love that film.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

>mongol

I liked Robin Hodd (2010) because it felt like a sequel to Kingdom of Heaven. Same director i think.

I actually watched it recently and was thoroughly entertained. I would highly suggest it. This is also directed at .

VIKING

youtube.com/watch?v=IoqiDOivUCo

I liked the U2 song desu
youtube.com/watch?v=SIyuJOh3T-Q

How good is this movie? Are those Byzantines ships in the trailer? Is it about the Rus?

>ctrl+g
>Lawrence of Ara-(backspace)

Jesus Christ Veeky Forums get your shit together.

Fuck the overrating of Brits in WW1 at the expense of French and Russians desu

Battle of Algiers.

youtube.com/watch?v=7hYtN2zWX8c
youtube.com/watch?v=0oAtMMvnDy0

Alexander Nevsky
youtube.com/watch?v=vKZPgGbUuX0

>implying Russia and France did anything useful (except when the French heeded the advice of Britain)
Britain did almost all the heavy lifting

where do i find the first one?

Would love a series about the Napoleonic Wars from an Austrian perspective

>Have to hold the line against Napoleon after Prussia gets BTFO with no support from Britain using only your mediocre army and incompetent Russians

>The bantz between the Kaiser, his family, and the fuckups in the high command

>the kino back-and-forth during the Siege of Vienna

>somehow manage to not get completely rekt

PURE KINO!

they weren't all fuckups. archduke charles did pretty well for himself considering the austrians got fuck all for help from their allies at the time, even managing to beat napoleon at aspern-essling

youtu.be/JGbPShUpjpg

The patriot is more Mel Gibson trash
If we remembered the revolution correctly it'd be a lot more sombre, a lot more focus on the fact that it divided the states and ripped towns apart

>saving private Ryan
youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc

>butthurt naziboo

amazon.com/Kingdom-Heaven-Directors-Four-Disc-Special/dp/B000EHSVQ4

If youre asking for torrents though idk.

The ultimate version (3 and a half hours long) is unironically kino

I cried at the end

Its great

Oh fuck, a movie that includes the Byzantines in a non-negative way.

The Patriot does a good job at showing guerrilla warfare, Cowpens, Camden, etc. but makes Tavington look more like Hitler than Tarleton

HBO's John Adam's is pretty good, some inaccuracies as per. Stephen Dillane is a good Jefferson.

Napoleon (1927)

It's an adaptation of a comic, is why it's so lowbrow.

GoNY is great.

Scorsese is great.