Are we on laggards or late majority phase?

Are we on laggards or late majority phase?

Not sure but by the looks of it everything is going to come crashing down real soon.

We've just entered Early Majority IMO.

The very very start of early majority

I would be surprised if even 1% of my country traded bitcoin.

I would say we are still in the Innovators phase

until recently it was just a bunch of autists and junkies using bitcoin to get drugs, I'd say we're probably somewhere in the first quartile as there's plenty of new tech and some use for public emerging. Somewhere in 'early adopters' is my guess.

there have been alternative investors in bitcoin for some time now

I don't know a single person IRL that trades cryptos.

I study comp sci and maybe half the students have even heard of btc.

>early majority
>literally nobody outside internet forums knows what bitcoin is
we are still early adopters

That's exactly what a laggard would say

You dont spend much time off the internet do you? Theres no way in hell any more than 2-5% of the US pop is into crypto. Its still all people who were already heavily into tech that are in crypto right now - and not even the majority of tech people are into it.

A significant number of people may never get into crypto though. 50% of the population doesn't buy tampons, doesn't mean that market isn't saturated

Is it safe to get in now? Should I get in now?
DGB and XBY already pumped. I have RDD and XVG left. But I need to find more.

You dont think crypto is going to eventually seep into everyday life? Everyone can use crypto. Tampons are a bad example.

>banks are corrupt
>governments are corrupt

>crypto is a solution for major economic issues and some of the brightest minds in the world are working on it

>people r never gonna use it lol

Eventually, maybe, but we could be a long way away from that. I'm not saying there isn't a lot of room for growth, but expecting the entire 50+ population to suddenly go crypto is wishful thinking. This will take a generation.

People without money

People without interest in tech beyond snapchat

It is debatable.

I'd say they were the innovators/early stage of early adopters maybe. There's no timeframe specified and the curve doesn't have to fit exactly.

But you might be right, if you'd consider each major spike and correction as a beginning for new bunch of investors it could sort of make sense. By comparing trading volumes just before gox crash to the most recent one we've got around 2x increase, which could indicate we should still be in early adopters phase. I only had a look at the spikes though, it'd be better to take an average and still it's just my autistic theory.

The implications even for retail businesses are huge. If you sell expensive items most people will pay with credit card because most banks don't allow large amounts to be withdrawn via normal ATM cards. You are basically forced to hand over between 1% to 3% to master card or amex on every sale. When profit margins on expensive items are only 10% or less those fees become a big issue.

Late majority most likely.

This, the normies are investing, so crash soon. Expect 80% correction.

both of those groups are being actively targeted by multiple projects right now.
>humaniq
>reddcoin

crypto will enter people's lives without their seeking it out once it passes a certain point.

Yeah keep telling yourselves it's still early

IMO it's early adopters/early majority at most
>tfw you got into crypto a month ago as an early adopter before the hype truly took off
>tfw newcoiners cucked

Tampons... Saturated

>institutional
>still not even 100 billion market cap on all of crypto

loving every laugh

This. I hate these copefucks so much. "Hurr, durr, we are early genius investors guys!!"

no, fucker, if this is on Bloomberg regularly, you are late majority. Deal with it.

You know who were the early adopters? Those who bought Bitcoin sub 100$ and Ethereum sub 10$. Everyone else is a dumb laggard normie. Go cope somewhere else bitch

early adopters, there's 40k people logged on exchanges, it's fucking nothing.

we are not in any kind of majority.

A year from now you'll see this post about STRAT, Waves, and Blocknet.

Two years from now you'll see this about XRP, DGB, and ARK.

3 years who knows? But you'll STILL see these fud posts.

still early adopters

BTC was on Bloomberg regularly circa 2013 as well

Yep, this second pump looks manipulated af.

This crash will have no survivors. The smart ones are already in fiat.

2x as in fiat or coins?

Well I guess crypto is over then. No more money to be made since Bloomberg writes about it.

I guess everyone in your neighborhood has some bitcoin and ethereum holdings now then? Do you even outside?

fiat, I didn't take account for the supply at the time

You think 15% of the population deals with crypto?

i bought eth at 10 each just a few months ago. you dont go from early adopters to laggards in a couple of months

look at the total market cap of cryptos then consider that it will be an international phenomenon and will probably grow for many years. we are still early.

It has at least another day to go imo. Tonight's CN cycle will indicate whether we've peaked or not, but I expect to see $2650 during USA today

I just got in yesterday and am up 50 percent. I think there is a lot of room to run at least point shitcoins. I might not be able to afford a lambo getting in at this time, but maybe a Tesla.

Of course I realize this could all come crashing down tommorow, but so could the stock market, society, anything.

Fucking hell, I've been waiting for a dip to get in, but all of my top 10 picks keep pumping by 20-60% every day, and it's been this way since last week. Is this ever going to stop? Fuck

Yeah there are no guarantees even in just holding fiat.

>I just got in yesterday and am up 50 percent.
>Of course I realize this could all come crashing down tommorow
>I might not be able to afford a lambo getting in at this time, but maybe a Tesla.

You're getting a 2001 Ford Taurus with that mindset. If you can't recognize a bull market when all the bulls are charging to $3k after a +/-1000USD price swing, you've got no hope.

Keep your eye on the crypto charts. The sell-offs should begin just short of the last ATH.

Is it safe to get in now? Or are we still in a bubble ready to pop? I sold all my BTC at 2200$

dont wait for dips when coins are surging. this isnt the stock market.

early, early adopters

>I sold all my BTC

it's too late for you, jelly hands.

100% of the population is never going to deal with crypto. Never, ever.

Though I think we're not near early majority yet.

you're all fucking stupid

fucking putin just had a closed doors meeting with vitalik, look it up you fucking cuckold dipshits

china is in, russia is in, usa has no choice, fucking 800 different coins gearing towards getting africa in

bitch this is nowhere near the fucking majority, this is nowhere near where it's gonna go

all of you fucktards cope, cope from the depth of your tiny little poorfag wagecuck hearts, because FUD got the best of you weak fucking shits, just fucking cope and know that NOT GETTING RICH WAS YOUR FUCKIGN CHOICE

you know you'll fucking kill yourself

Damn, Vitalik really did just
meet Putin. I feel dumb only havinga few eth but that is all I could afford.

Investing in alt eth coins for long term gains. Building an eth domain and going into web development. I'm not gonna be kicking myself five years down the road.

See you in financial independence land, lads

Nocoiner fag I see

We have barely even left the innovators stage

just how many people do you think uses and even knows about crypto around the world?

barely anyone

lots of people know about bitcoin, but they still think its drug money

fucking old people at my brokerage know what BTC is. most just arent aware of its complete significance to the financial revolution.

that hasn't been true since the late 2013 boom. just bedside you're a retard that's too stupid to keep up because you spend all your money and effort on air jordans and other nigger frivolities doesn't mean that everyone is too.

Everyone here is at the start of early adopters. You NEETS should trust me.

>t. Normie who hangs out with rich boomers all the time

this is a perfect example of late majority

no research done at all, has no idea that grandparents in asia are investing in bitcoin already

There was an article a few days ago on INC telling boomers how to buy their first crypto for chrissakes. This ride is just getting started. Expect the normie wave to start after a few more reputable exchanges open, or once coinbase offers 10+ currencies, or once a crypto ETF launches. Then expect 20x gains within a year. Maybe 2018 or 2019.

I have never talked to anyone in person about crypto who actually understood how the dynamics of it work and what gives it value.
Fuck, yesterday someone asked me if I had a physical coin coming in the mail.
We still have time - plenty

>anons think this is late majority
I told my buddy yesterday that I traded crypto and he though it was illegal, we aren't at the end yet lads

It's a bubble that will get a hell of a lot bigger before it pops, volatility will increase because of more whale bots and crazy margin trading, no baby boomer commercials yet for bitcoin investment kits, no SEC involvement yet, a few bitcoin debit cards and atms exist, more and more retailers all the time, so are the alts just a distraction? Just ride BTC up to 100k - 1m fellas

>bitcoin hits 1 mil
>NEETs become the new class of millionares

>Are we on laggards or late majority phase?

Veeky Forums is a giant blinking fucking negative signal always that you are in the laggard stage.

What is discussed here? Cryptocoin (Bitcoin came out in 2009 - the years when the people who made real money were around).

When not that shit like day trading (the days of amateurs making money on it are over) and other past their prime shit.

If you're in high school and want some advice, here it is.

Get A's in math class. Try to get good science grades second. Then try to get a decent English grade as communication is important.

I mean even history - you learn about the Industrial Revolution etc. This is good to know about if you go into business.

If you think VR might take off in five years - start learning to program in C#. Compile a "Hello world" program. Then go more and more.

Once you are down that street, download Unity. Write some simple C# graphics programs, like a cube spinning or something.

Then go deeper and deeper. To where you can write a simple game with Unity for your computer, or a smartphone, or whatever.

That will take a while. Get good math grades in the mean time.

Apply for college. Even if your family situation is poor and fucked. If so, aim for just one class a semester. Maybe at night or on the weekend so that you can work at a part/full-time job.

After taking 4-5 computer science classes, look around the school for internships on and off campus. A lot of times you have to dig them up.

You might be set up in a good position if VR takes off in 5 years. You will know how to write VR games. Because it's a small step from PC/mobile Unity C# games to VR Unity C# games.

Even if it comes to naught, knowing graphics and C# is lucrative.

Greatest fucking wealth transfer in the world.

While you were out partying and drinking we were accumulating.

While you were fucking Stacies we were trading.

While you were watching Netflix we were rebalancing.

And you dare to come to us now for advice?

Bow to your new overlords!

we're 1994 worrying we're missing the internet boom

>mfw

retard no coiner alert.

go ask 10 people on the street i they've heard of any of the top 3-10 coins, let alone the rest.

then ask them what they know about btc and eth.

shit hasnt even started to start

This.

Additionally, whether we're in the vanguard or in the laggard section depends entirely on how you look at the picture. We're laggards when you look at the smart investors who invested in this shit years ago, yet we're the early adopters when you look at the big picture of all potential investors who have yet to hear about crypto, let alone invest in it.

Innovators relative to the general population. Ask even the average "tech-savvy" young person about bitcoin, and they'll just tell you it's internet money used for drugs.

Relative to all investors, we're early majority.

I sold the majority of my coins yesterday. I'm so fucking stupid. I'm also a NEET so I'm happy for you non-stupid NEETs who are rising above the normies.

I can't buyback because it'll take days and I'll miss the boom, but if it really is a new paradigm then I guess I'm being dumb again.

The guy at best buy who was trying to sell me a laptop had ETH.

hahahaha, I have 420k$ in crypto.

I'm not a nocoiner. I'm an early coiner unlike you laggard fucks.

but i've fucked all them stacies and been a lousy druggy drunk for 10 years now

i have a hot girlfriend and a netflix subscription

and i've been in crypto for three months now?

Normies still think crypto is a pyramid scheme trying to sell them snake oil.

Now is not the time for fear

We're not even in the early adopters phase

fucking idiots, what the fuck.
do your research, technical or fundamental analysis.
>THIS IS GOING TO CRASH BECAUSE PRICE IS GOING UP
fucking sad people who sold their coins a week ago missing out on the gains

We are early early adopters. Blockchain tech will be with us for a long long time, this is only the beginning. If you guys all hodl for 20 years, you will be millionaires, no doubt. Especially if you hold ETH or STRAT.

>and i've been in crypto for three months now?

Exactly, you've been in crypto for three months, normie laggard sheep. I've been in crypto for 3 fucking years.

I work in VR research

it's shit and it's not going to go anywhere until they can pipe images directly into your brain