What is happening?

How is it possible that everyone is making profit, will it crash/correct itself soon. Or are we just the early adopters?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/3741681/2000-dotcom-stock-bust/
youtube.com/watch?v=2olDUDLhKmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

we're in a bubble.

prepare for shitty alt-coins with no value proposition crash to near-zero and for everything else to take a beating.

if you're in for the long run and don't have too much money tied up in shitcoins, you'll be fine.

When do you think this will happen, Nostradamus?

So basically BTC & ETH will break new grounds, and everything else will collapse? Works for me.

A bubble for 2 years now?
Get the fuck out nocoiner

Since late February 2017 more like.. Idiot.

This is why you invest in useful coins with a future, rather than shitcoins that pump n dump.

Siacoin just started its moon mission you can jump on board if you're FAST!

look at real estate in the biggest cities in the world. a bubble can go for a decade or more

Those bubbles are held up by government incentivised loan programs

I mean real estate in general. City real estate being expensive as fuck isn't a bubble, it's just naturally what happens when you've got a crap ton of rich people who all have jobs within a relatively small area

Got the feeling a couple of banks got in. They literally have infinite fiat to pump into any coin they choose. Not sure what to think of it.

>in a bubble

The internet bubble burst in 2000 when nasdaq was worth 6.7 trillion which was 17 years ago so due to inflation it would be probably worth around 15 trillion nowadays.

We are at 0.09 trillion at the moment.
So if history repeats itself (which it seems to do often), it would put us in early adopter stage.

Also, NORMIES ARE STILL NOT IN.
It will take us at least 3-10 years maybe even more till there would be a crash like dotcom imo.

Dotcom source: time.com/3741681/2000-dotcom-stock-bust/

>bubble
>bubble
>bubble

shut the fuck up all of you

you have no fucking clue what you're talking about

bubbles don't just fucking happen and they don't just fucking burst for no fucking reason

stop repeating the FUD memes being spread actually read some godfuckingdamn literature on the fucking subject you fucking inbred illiterate wagecuck coper

yes crypto is experiencing bubble-like explosive growth, and yes it's unnatural by stock or forex or any other old standards and fucking yes it's scary, but here's the thing

bubbles become bubbles only if there's a fucking underlying reason for it, which is often only found in hindsight after the bubble bursts because of the underlying reason

crypto is not even fucking close to bubble territory, and bubble-danger is becoming less with every passing day due to btc's falling market dominance, it's being recognized by more governments constantly

every single fucking time it grows a bit quicker or picks up the tempo yall are spewing bubble bullshit oh no it's gonna crash oh no it's a bubble oh no my tulip garden

and yet every single fucking time it turns out to be a correction and the trend continues

homies, we ain't even fucking near bubble territory

there will be a bubble, sure, but this is not fucking it, this is not even close to being it

this is a fucking new emerging market in a time where there can be more money poured into things faster than ever before

i understand the urge to compare this to all bubbles before (and again, even the fundamentals are not comparable), but the thing is, this actually fucking is different and we have nothing to compare it to

so stop believing FUD, get on the fucking boat if you haven't yet and fucking know that this shit is not even fucking close to bubble territory

90% of crypto is a scam/trash

It will crash/correct itself soon imo

The internet bubble was around something real though. There were websites and business was being done and products were being sold. Existing work was getting automated and new industry was being created. Except I guess there was too much hype around it so it corrected downward and crashed.

Cryptocurrencies are still in a speculative state where people don't know whether or not they will do that much. The impact of cryptocurrencies will be a small fraction of the impact of the Internet (keep in mind that databases and cryptography already exist, blockchains aren't that crazy new in that respect).

So yeah, the current valuation of the cryptocurrency world is crazy high and really overvalued compared to what they products are actually doing.

we are the early adopters (well not exactly the first ones but early if we consider this shit is literally the future of money) BUT it will correct itself cyclically.

People are pouring actual fiat into crypto, and it's simply a Global decentralised banking system. It's hear to stay and will likely continue to experience growth into the trillions

Once it's in the trillions, that's it. Fiat will be worthless

Crypto+land is all that matters now

>muh bubble
Haven't you been saying this for a year now?

here we go again with the bubble meme. it's called increased rate of adoption, retard.

I just hope you guys get out before the run on the exchanges happens:
>Can YOU Get OUT of Bitcoin? 98% of BTC Holders Will Lose It ALL.
youtube.com/watch?v=2olDUDLhKmA

>0.6% sale of Bitcoin will result in a price drop estimated at $3000
The bubble WILL burst. All bubbles burst. Hopefully you call the top and get out first. Good luck!

>tfw "new paradigm"

Oh shit, it's all ogre

Seriously though, we've had like 3 bubbles already in just btc. Just because it's come back bigger every time doesn't mean it wasn't in bubble territory.

Everything is overbought for the current real use cases and that will continue until something like a polo/coinbase exit scam or dao 2.0.

Guess what? This is OK and it's what happens in unregulated markets. Human psychology makes bubbles, not new technology, and we haven't changed since written history started

if you think that the blockchain isn't nothing short of revolutionary, then you have no idea of the impact it'll have in the next future. the blockchain concept is even much more groundbreaking than bitcoin\cryptocurrencies per se.

also, there are lot of hot tokens that are targeting top-tier markets such as distributed computing (golem gnt, sonm etc.), and you think that they're overvalued? give me a break

salty salty nocoiner trying to spread salty salty fud

if you count those hiccups as bubbles then yeah we're in a bubble

the big one still ain't even close tho

Help make a nocoinfag understand, everything is overwhelming!

Delusional "investor" thinking it's different this time. It's always different this time. You didn't even watch the video.

Lol this. Do you guys even know what the blockchain is? It is absolutely revolutionary. It is "the next internet." It will be a part of everyday life 10 years from now.

Stop taking your analysis of market growth from a simple graph you saw on Veeky Forums.

>everyone is making a profit
You haven't made any money until you sold. People here think they are rich since they look at how much they are hodling and multiplying by the current price. That would work if there was a lot of liquidity but even BTC, the most liquid crypto, lacks liquidity. That's why you get >10% moves in a day. When it comes time to sell slippage will be severe.

Early adopters. We're the 1% of the 1% of the 1%.

t. marc de mesel

We literally can't enter a bubble until we've absorbed all fiat money.

honestly given i'm sitting on a quarter million, I can't say that I don't think about swooping in and picking apart these retarded cryptocucks once every shitcoin vanishes and btc and eth are reduced to nothing, even then I wouldn't throw more than a couple grand at it

Sure they look like hiccups now, but going from under 1 USD to 32 USD in a month a while ago was huge. Also, even when we get out of this coming bubble, I don't think we'll be at The Big One just yet.

Normies will start doing their toes in the crypto game just as this one pops, the media will notch another counter in the "btc is dead" meme and we all lament missing the top in hindsight.
The next time it rises, we're in for the real mania. Think of a full media blitz about blockchain technology that makes the current ICO madness look narcoleptic. Now the idea is seeded in people so they want to get in on the sweet blockcom gains.

That's when we all legit get lambos if were holding the coins that make the cut. (Who knows what those will actually be)

What if bitcoin become a currency used everywhere ? Currency will not need to exit the system.

Do you know what a database is? A blockchain is kind of like a database but way slower, but it does have really cool applications, just different ones. Databases are also part of our every-day lives and they have changed the world significantly, but it's not something we talk about much day-to-day. The impact of blockchains will be much less than the impact of databases.

No those bubbles are held up by Chinese money fleeing China

Boomer fuck

It's not a bubble if it's a new technology, retarded coins like bitbeans and doge are already dead and are used like nerdy pyramid schemes.

What goes up must come down. What hasn't been discovered yet will rise. Time to get in SWT.

>BTC lacks liquidity
BTC has hundreds of millions traded every day, I cashed out $20k last week and it didn't even move the market a penny.

Outside normies are showering us with money. The party won't end anytime soon because normie markets are a powder keg.

Just listen to the normies

>hurr durr stocks overvalued hurr
>hurr college loans are safe tm

They will come to us and beg for every satoshi we're going to sell them for an inflated hyper price.

THE BETA UPRISING WILL BE A FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT!

>pets.com
>having to sell dog food to every dog in the world. multiple times. just to break even.
>something real
my sides you faggot

*months

>he thinks 20k is a lot
It takes ~2.5 million to break BTC ath from current price of $2575, ~8% move. That's chunk change to any mature market. You could move EUR/USD 0.00002 points with such a measly sum. No bank will mess with BTC for this very reason.

>How is it possible that everyone is making profit
On paper they are, that's why it's called a bubble.

Are you fucking stupid? You said that you people here can't cashout without affecting the market. How many people on Veeky Forums do you think are going to be cashing out millions instead of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands? Even if its a particularly successful user cashing out over a million he'd just have to break it up over a month.

Banks are utterly irrelevant to your original point.

It will "crash" as it has a hundred times in the past three years, then it will reach new highs again. The crypto market is in its infancy and is still less than .01% of its future size. Bubble? Maybe for the week. Prices are still cheap and thats why you see exponential growth.

>the internet bubble was something real
>pets.com
>siacoin is not a real product

You are a retard

I'm pointing out that you're all rich on paper only you delusional retard. When majority will start to cash out you will see price slip severely. Last "little" sell off that happened a few days ago gave you an example when price fell 32% in three days. A week long rally wiped out in three days.

It's a bubble.
But because crypto is intrinsically deflationary, it self inflates after every crash.
The gov stepping in could stop people from buying and kill it for good.

>governments stopping crypto now

That's funny, user

The time to do that was before any of them hit 1mn market cap. Then it would die in obscurity

Now everybody with internet has a passing idea of bitcoin, even if they think it's evul haxxor munnies

I love this delusion eth tards have where thinking their scamcoin isn't an altcoin

It's a bubble.
It will go up, then down.
Early adopters? lol, nope.
The only use for it is evading taxes, we already have normal coins that work quite well.

>the government is stopping crypto

Literally every government accept the US is trying to make it EASIER for their citizens to get into crypto, you fucking mongoloid, most of the smarter countries have accepted that crypto is impossible to tax properly and have settled for a humble pittance.

Better than not watching helplessly as some of their wealthiest citizens renounce their citizenship and fuck off with their billions of REAL TANGIBLE CURRENCY AND NOT FUCKING FIAT.

Good God, you people don't even understand how valuable BTC is whether it's worth a million or one penny.

I replied to the wrong person, nice. :)))))

>decentralized cloud storage.
ooohhhh so THAT'S what I pumped 2 grand into last week
thats a great idea. looks like Im prety smart,

This.

One one the main prerequisites for a bubble is full market saturation. Cryptos are nowhere near a fully saturated market. Maybe 1 in 7 normies has heard of bitcoin, not to mention other cryptos.

Long bullish market incoming, dont fall for FUD

Yea its a bubble, sell now so I can buy more

I think 1/7 is very generous. Probably more like 1/20

lol it's more like 1/5 KNOW about crypto, but 1/10000 actually invest.

It's honestly hilarious how many people I know are aware that people make millions doing this, but think its risky or too much work.

Yet they'll work 60-70 hours a week programming for 60k.

It's pathetic.

this

>muh comfort zone, muh stability

You guy's who keep saying crypto is in a bubble are sadly ill-informed. We've seen exactly what this is from history, And this will be the largest escape of money from dying economies you or anyone else in humanity will ever see. It's rome x 10,000. I don't think i'll need to spell it out for most of you, But suffice to say many economies are shit and dying and people are taking out what little worth is left and putting it somewhere valuable, Aka crypto.

>Muh bubble meme

this. dollar cost averaging and consistent investment and monitoring after the next crash is what will get you a fucking lambo.

going dormant holding your coins (like i did after 2013) will get you lexus as long as your coins dont get taken like mt gox or cryptsy

selling everything in panic will get you suicide

strong hands. strong spirit. big wallet.

Look at the IRS hitting Coimbase. We'll see if the IRS relaxes since congress is telling them to relax.

I am looking at it, and it's funny they think I would cash out my coins if they're going to tax me when there is literally no capital gains tax in Western European countries and Japan is not going to tax crypto at all.

Do you even understand the concept of "capital flight"? We're at a stage where America is in a vast state of decay economically. If they don't pull their shit together and ease up on Crypto, it's gonna be hilarious.

I agree. Minor correction next week or two, maybe some doldrums, and then moon mission landing ~2020.

this. Doesn't have to be bitcoin either. Bitcoin could be the "Gold" store of value, while some other altcoin could be the day to day transaction. As you all know by now it's easy to convert your currency through 10 different alts in one day. Once there are secure apps for the normies to do that and feel comfortable this will look like a mole hill.

The normie wave hasn't even begun yet. We are at 0.1% normie capacity.

Look at these stupid white men. Trading all their cowry shells for this worthless shiny rock. Fucking idiots.

The internet bubble formed around mostly bullshit. They were developing bullshit ideas for sites because investors were eager to throw money at anything that had to do with the internet as they wanted to get in on the next Yahoo.

Most of the ideas created no value for anyone except the people running the companies. You had people that knew basic programming like with Visual Basic getting offers for jobs paying $50k a year and a company car while they were fresh out of college.

It was an insane time because hardly anyone knew how programming or the internet worked nor what the limits on profits could be.

With Crypto, it's a currency in a time when transaction fees are a serious problem. Like to send money to another country via western union can seem to cost like 10%. Crypto is a solution.

This. Also a store of value.

The legacy of the internet bubble will actually help us early adopters. Most of the people who are wealthy AND technologically literate enough to understand blockchain tech vividly remember the dotcom bubble. This makes them much more risk-averse and hesitant to get in than they would be otherwise. This will slow the growth of crypto at first and give us NEETs enough time to get in at 0.1% and implement our agenda of tendies and unlimited good point points.

>muh gambling with volatile fakemoney

>muh nocoins

>If they don't pull their shit together and ease up on Crypto, it's gonna be hilarious.
I have a feeling the gov will partially cave in because even Russia is backing crypto.
But the IRS has a 95% success rate at summoning companies. It's an uphill fight for Coinbase. Also Feinstein put out a bill regulating crypto. But then repubs are telling the IRS to back off. Either way, the gov wants its cut.

please be true

t. 40k crypto holder

It will literally NEVER crash BUY FUCKING EVERYTHING

Everyone's aware that Coinbase might have to fork over the customer data, but honestly, you think big brother isn't taking a look when they see a charge on your card?

It's honestly mind-boogling to me they're going through all the trouble of having CB release their customer data when all it takes is just to tell the banks to report "any suspicious activity" I.E. buying crypto through CB, Gemini, Kraken, etc.

These IRS shenanigans of flexing their muscles at CB is nothing short of immature with no lasting repercussions.

Just a waste of tax payer dollars as usual.

Sorry, I don't play digital monopoly.

>Sorry

you should be

>2017
>playing games other then digital monopoly
what are you, 12?
lmao just look at these salty nocoin losers
just look and laugh

>0.6% sale of Bitcoin will result in a price drop estimated at $3000
it would go negative?

>tfw playing a game called the corporate ladder while you are all putting on fedoras and begging for good boy points and tendies while you're throwing around meme coins

He's saying expect the drop when it hits 3k

> will it crash/correct itself soon

we just had one last week, the next one would probably happen in not less than a month or two just like last year

If you try to replace the word "blockchain" with "database" mentally in your head, your going to have a bad time.

this one is driven by FOMO and envy, plenty of both left untapped among today's pop