30 years war wouldn't have been won without Sweden

30 years war wouldn't have been won without Sweden

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Spanish_War_(1635–59)
youtu.be/UezcOgzttS8
youtu.be/Ej7eFLgFzN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

Do you mean yes as in: "Yes it would've been won without sweden" or are you agreeing with me?

There was a victor?

>without France
After Nördlingen the Swedes were knocked out of the conflict and the war was prerty much over. That is why France had to intervene directly

France,the Durch and Sweden

Not without France, i never claimed that. But the french would however never gained such a "victory" without swedens help

That's not an incorrect statement right? No Sweden=no victory

This trustworthy churchman offers you 100 écus to beat up his neighbour and says he will get your back. Do you do it?

Protestant side was on the verge of defeat before catholic France saved them. It ended up being a draw in the end, no?

Hey there my hereti- uhh, my protestant friends.
I heard you were having Habsburg problems.

Well he's obviously trustworthy so of course i do

Would France alone have won? If not that means Sweden was vital to the "victory"

>But the french would however never gained such a "victory" without swedens help
If you think that the Ponzi scheme of the Habsburgs of
>Castille will pay all this debt lol
Will work for ever sure. Castille couldn't keep fighting for much longer and France was destined to surprass Spain unless Olivares plans worked instead of causing 3 revolts in Spain

In 1620 France couldn't. In 1638 they may have pull it alone as Spain was imploding and Austria was a joke through out all the comflict

Spain yes, but i doubt France would be able to take on the hre at the same time and win, Sweden severily weakened hre

>but i doubt France would be able to take on the hre at the same time and win, Sweden severily weakened hre
The Habsburghs weren't able to take the Palatinate without Spain's help. How do you expect them to hold France? The German Habsburgs were a joke throughout the comflict

You enter the neighbour's house and start a fistfight with him, however he's no pushover and hits back furiously. The churchman is standing outside the open window and is throwing more écus your way. If you didn't know better (and didn't trust him), you'd swear he was smiling.

I expect them to hold France because France would be way busy fighting the greater power of Spain, and when they gain victory over them they would probably be too drained too finnish the hre off.

The here was still powerful during the time if i'm not mistaken, and only became weak after other countries had swept the floor with it (primarily Sweden).

Oh wow, so Sweden and Germany ruining Europe isn't a new thing...

>The here was still powerful during the time if i'm not mistaken, and only became weak after other countries had swept the floor with it
Their army was pretty bad and needed Spanish asistance continously. It was the biggest German army by far though. And they could never hold France without Spanish money and troops as it was shown in the post 30 years war wars. If France enters late into the comflict they can win alone.

> 30 years war wouldn't have been won without Sweden
So it would have continued forever ?

>in the forty-first millennium there is only war - because of Sweden

>So it would have continued forever ?
He implies that proties would have lost smartass

The could've reorganised the time it took France to defeat Spain, and how is it assured they would've defeated spain anyway? They fought each other for 24 years and no side won conclusively

At the end of the war Spain was imploding fighting 3 rebellions (4 if we count the Dutch rebellion) France should beat Spain at the end of the war under any circumstances

...And they still managed to continue fighting for 10 years afterwards.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Spanish_War_(1635–59)

Man why did Gustavus Adolphus have to die? I wanted to read more about him.

I'll do it >for free. Vive le roi.

I look for the nearest item to hit my neighbour. Something sturdy or potentially hazardous, like a wine bottle or a chair

Sweden wouldn't have done so well without Scottish mercenaries.

The Scottish mercenaries would have had a war to fight for if the British King James I hadn't married his daughter to the Winter King

But remember James is totes peacemaker

youtu.be/UezcOgzttS8

Yes, the Christians defeated the Catholics.

>the Catholics defeated the Catholics.
Protestant cucks got assfucked by Spain

The war was a victory for the Christians and the fulfillment of Revelation 18:6

Not really, tho, Habsburgs were winning in HRE up until Sweden joined, and even then, although they lost a couple of battles while Gustav was alive it wasn't a one-sided beating. Not to mention, Swedish position in HRE was really fragile and needed constant victories to keep German princes loyal.

>Swedish position in HRE was really fragile and needed constant victories to keep German princes loyal.
The Emperor's imprudent decision to impose the Edict of Restitution kept the german princes loyal to sweden

Not really, no. Elector of Saxony was always negotiating with the Emperor and Wallenstein and Elector of Brandenburg wanted Pomerania initially, and later he just wanted foreign armies off his land.

Sure, in the years immediately after the Edict the protestant princes were in an uproar, but by the time Gustav died the passions cooled and they began re evaluating their position.

>inb4 hapsburgs did nothing wrong.

And yet France came out of the war as the strongest power in Europe.

Just found this guy yesterday
youtu.be/Ej7eFLgFzN4
How accurate is his stuff, if anyone knows about him?

No, Sweden and England did