Why did France and Germany never unite to take out Perfidious Albion?

Why did France and Germany never unite to take out Perfidious Albion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Peace_Conference,_1919#French_approach
youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language#History
philitt.fr/2014/11/19/kiel-et-tanger-de-charles-maurras-essai-geostrategique-visionnaire-et-source-intellectuelle-de-la-veme-republique/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_the_Medway
brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rain622700.html?src=t_competition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>France
>Germany
>uniting to do shit

Ever since the Merovingians they've been unable to get their shit together.

Continental, land powers.

To invade Britain, you need a navy. And Britain's navy has always been the most powerful.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Because Perfidious Albion made sure they kept at each others' throats.

We did 70 years ago..

>implying the Albion is the threat while the Eternal Krauts exist

t. anglo

*surrendered

>Another alternative French policy was to seek a rapprochement with Germany. In May 1919 the diplomat René Massigli was sent on several secret missions to Berlin. During his visits Massigli offered on behalf of his government to revise the territorial and economic clauses of the upcoming peace treaty.[34] Massigli spoke of the desirability of "practical, verbal discussions" between French and German officials that would lead to a "collaboration Franco-allemande".[34] Furthermore, Massagli told the Germans that the French thought of the "Anglo-Saxon powers", namely the United States and British Empire, to be the major threat to France in the post-war world. He argued that both France and Germany had a joint interest in opposing "Anglo-Saxon domination" of the world and warned that the "deepening of opposition" between the French and the Germans "would lead to the ruin of both countries, to the advantage of the Anglo-Saxon powers".[35]

The Germans rejected the French offers because they considered the French overtures to be a trap to trick them into accepting the Versailles treaty "as is" and because the German foreign minister, Count Ulrich von Brockdorff-Rantzau thought that the United States was more likely to reduce the severity of the peace terms than France.[35] In the final event it proved to be Lloyd George who pushed for more favourable terms for Germany.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Peace_Conference,_1919#French_approach
Irak, the Versaille treaty, the revolution...
Every fucking time french were right about almost everything.

This is what the anglo actually believes

France was always a state that has relied on war and submission to generate a higher standard of living, whereas in Germany, your lifestyle was depending on how much you contributed to society.

France needed Germany as an enemy, otherwise it would have run bankrupt. It still relies on the German economy and the Euro, otherwise it would have been a 3rd world shithole long ago.

What exactly is untrue about that statement?

Man it's like I'm in bizzaro world

Because France and Germany share a physical border, which has been the source for more tension.

This

If France had kept her natural border after Napoleon's defeat, WW1 and WW2 would never have happened, and the French and the Germans would have united to free Europe from the Anglos.

>. It still relies on the German economy
LMAO

It is the contrary, the day we quit the EU is the day Germany and Europe collapse.

Euro was made for the Germans, and the EU is just Germany stealing cheap workers from Eastern Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE

This is truth under the guise of satire.

>Frenchies fuck over Germany
>Germans get angry
>Germans chimp out
>WAR
>oh no no more war we're all friends now
>few years past
>Frenchies fuck over Germany
>repeat ad infinum

Europe.jpg

Why is Veeky Forums so analpanied over a single country.

Success breeds jealousy

>r-rule britannia
>b-britannia rules the waves
>muh beaches

>as he comments in English

Because Albion was irrelevant to the continental affairs until they finance a war when continental powers do go to war.

I, as a German, still wait for the ultimate alliance of Germany-England-Russia

Still enjoying your cucked language Anglo?

Feels batman desu

Looks like Gothic with a subtle touch of Latin

>continental, land powers

Xd

>what is vichy france

still didn't fucking manage it

Because Albion was being perfidious.

You'd think the fact their language was made relevant by a country that exists because they lost a war to peasants in 1783 would make the British stay quiet, but somehow it inflates their ego....

most of people here seem to forget that for a long time, there was no such thing as germany.

If you look at the powers in europe. there is france and england. then there is spain, which often joined against england. Austria never had any decent navy, same goes for Russia. Prussians used all their money to keep dispropotionately big land army (therefore no navy). There also smaller states like Netherlands (fought against england a lot) and Portugal (were friends with england).

Also it was british policy to pretty much play the whole Europe like a fiddle so that nobody would become too strong, and they never really did anything that would enrage the whole europe and force them to make a coalition

yeah english's popularity as a language has absolutely nothing to do with just over a quarter of the world's population being under english rule less than a hundred years ago

It really hasnt, deluded british faggot

>French replaced Latin as the most important language of diplomacy and international relations (lingua franca) in the 17th century. It retained this role until approximately the middle of the 20th century, when it was replaced by English as the United States became the dominant global power following the Second World War.[49][50]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language#History

Even at the height of the British Empire, French was still the international language
That's why in 1914, German officials adressed British ones in French ("chiffon de papier")
That's why when they landed in Europe during WW2, US troops had to use French to communicate with civilians in Italy, Netherlands and Germany

This can be explained by the fact that ruling over a bunch of irrelevant third world shitholes doesnt make your language relevant in the relevant world
Literally no one could speak English outside of the British Empire's uncivilized wastelands and the US before WW2
Meanwhile, it's now the lingua franca in the entire world because of the massive US cultural influence on a global scale since 1945

>calling me deluded

I'm not the one ranting autistically about the glory of the French language whilst refuting the possibility that a third of the world being under English rule might account somewhat for people around the world knowing English

>It really hasnt, deluded british faggot
>deluded british faggot
>british

HAHA PFFFFT WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING FRENCH LANAUGAGE CAN DO?? GET ANOTHER FUCKING NAPOELON SHIEET WE'LL GET HIS ASS BACK INTO FUCKING ST.FUCKING-HELENA BITCH ASS FRENCH PUPPET SUCK MY DICK

RULE BRITANNIA MOTHERFUCKER

I absolutely fucking live for these threads. A bunch of Frogs chomping out about Great Britain EVRYTIME!

>the possibility that a third of the world being under English rule might account somewhat for people around the world knowing English

Are you so dense that you didnt understand his post?
English is relevant right now because it's spoken as second language in Europe, Russia and East Asia, not because its spoken in Zimbabwe, Bengladesh and Guyana

Post-WW2 America is what brought English language to the civiilized world, not Britain

The French and Germans have always had the upper hand in land warfare, whereas the British on sea.

There's nothing new in this, cretin.

> An American overestimating America's cultural power again

Britain had and still has the largest cultural power in the world. English is the world language due to England and its Empire.

>Driving on the left side of the road
>Not even all your Loyal Colonies follow your transportation standard

Your point? Driving on the left is/was superior.

If backwards colonies want to adopt the Napoleonic invention of right-side driving, they can.

>A Britbong being deluded about his country's achievments again

Nothing new under the sun (which sets on the British non-empire every night)

>WE

Just you wait

It's pretty sad for the US that 25% don't know when about half of history class is just the World Wars, specifically 2

This merely reflects the British belief that if they had surrendered in the summer of 1940 the war would have ended with an Allied defeat. Which technically is correct.

Anglos really are the Jews of Europe
>t.Bong

>the day we quit the EU is the day Germany and Europe collapse.
This might be a joke to you, but this is what some French people actually believe.

To be fair he's right
If Germany, France or Italy leave the EU, it'll collapse

the Napoleonic wars?

It was more Britain and Germany united against France

War of the Austrian Succession

The HRE (all of current Germany) was on Britain's side

I fucking hate Poland so much.

Prussia was not.

Sure, you might become rational when you speak German, but at what cost? German is objectively lacking in any kind of art, ambiguity, flow, etc. Why do you think French rap is so big and German is so Turkish/anglophonic? Hmm? It's because German literally decimates the beauty of language in return for being a ultra-rational machine.

In fact, French also has some superior logicalish properties. In French, you are not "hungry", you "have hunger". J'ai faim. You are not "afraid", you "have fear". J'ai peur. Ergo, the French believe that desires and emotions are merely baggage that we carry around and can be discarded so as to ascend to a higher level of thinking. Emotions are just objects that we have, not part of us. This is why French speakers are innately more logical than, say, the African languages like...Afrikaans and...Nigerian and...the Lion King language. See, speakers of African don't have any abstract words, but French is all abstract words. In fact, even simple words like "evidemment" and "à" and "bien sûr" are only able to be used abstractly. Puisque speaking Le French FORCES( !) you to think abstractly. It's true ! I've been learning French for a while, and my self-assessment of my IQ has skyrocketed, and my «friends» think I'm the shit. Why do you think French is required for philosophy PHDs? Sure, you might say, German, Greek, or Latin are equally required. Well duh. You learn German so you can bang out crude logical equations, you learn Greek so you can absorb the courage of the Grecian heroes, and you learn Latin because Latin is the most logical AND beautiful language (well, it sounds nicer when the French speak it. French is basically sexy Latin.).

So you can drive your little Volkswagen of mechanical Germanism, you Teutonic salopard. We wannabe Frenchies will continue to raise our IQs and our aesthetics simultaneously as we ride our ballon of Francophonoliciousness cinq semaines into the les étoiles.

Why are you pretending to be British when you clearly have a poor grasp of the English language?

>I've been learning French for a while, and my self-assessment of my IQ has skyrocketed, and my «friends» think I'm the shit.

>Francophonoliciousness
Talk dirty to me

Based yankbro telling it like it is.

>implying that combined french and german navy couldn't BTFO birtain

philitt.fr/2014/11/19/kiel-et-tanger-de-charles-maurras-essai-geostrategique-visionnaire-et-source-intellectuelle-de-la-veme-republique/
tl;dr some French 3rd republic governments tried a Franco-Russo-German alliance, but the political climate was too unstable and they were still butthurt about Alsace-Lorraine

>Britain has always had the upper hand on the sea.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_the_Medway

Otto von Bismarck and Kaiser Wilhelm II

absolutely GORGEOUS

The creation of Germany generated too much animosity with France.

well somebody's got to be the marcher territory to keep the russkies at bay

you want them to be well-equipped

we have always been enemys
its funny when i see posts about britain and france being eternal rivals, its like they try to pretend we are not there

The biggest competition is myself. I am not looking to follow others or pull them down. I'm planning to test my own boundaries. Rain
Read more at: brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rain622700.html?src=t_competition