This is actually true

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wyRJZbNmC7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he didn't even bother to put bait on the hook

OP is actually gay

Yeah nice bait, here's the attention you wanted

No, this is actually true

I think Bronze Age collapse was much more devastating than fall of Rome. At least Medieval world did its best to preserve the knowledge of antiquity whilst absolutely nothing similar from Bronze Age has been preserved.

>Medieval world did its best to preserve the knowledge of antiquity
>christfags actually believe this

leave this board and never come back.

It's true. Entire Western medieval philosophy can be described as "obsessing autistically over Aristotle". If we exclude Byzantium which has pretty much kept vast amounts of ancient knowledge untouched like nothing happened.

needs more Von-Däniken style pyramid-building space aliens

Yeah the Lemurians helped out in the war

> who is Augustinus of hippo?
> what is the byzantine empire?
> what is the Carolingian Renaissance?
> what is the 12th century Renaissance?
> who is Isidorus of Sevilla?

Where does China fit into this graph?

How about MesoAmerica?

Actually, medieval philosophy broke with Aristotelian physics during the 13th century. That's when people like Nicole of Oresme, Jean Buridan and Thomas Bradwardine appear with innovations like the mathematization of physics and the impetus theory.

It was the Renaissance that turned science back an entire century when they went back at obsessing over Aristotle and Plato just because a few autists rediscovered some dusty books in monasteries.

This

Mandatory.

>China inventing paper, printing, gunpowder, and compasses isn't factored in anywhere

Nice

>How about MesoAmerica?

Not liked to Eurasia so that would be a completely separate graph

This shit is so hilarious and autistic it sounds like a Civ II scenario

Pic related. It's an actual Civ II scenario that came packaged with multiplayer gold edition

(god I wish Civ was still like this)

ummmm racist and sexist much? why are you assuming only white fucking Christian males can advance science?

oy vey I'm calling the diversity officer

>image implies that europe is the sole leader in technology and progress

we truly are the master race

how is this bait? This is historical FACT. Christians are retards worshiping dead kike on a stick.

It is the poverty of our time that we take such spurious study, understanding and lessons of the “mighty epoch” of Copernicus, Giordano Bruno, Shakespeare, and Galileo et al.

>literally the wrongest thing on the internet

This thread should be stickied as a reminder of why atheists carry the reputation of being fedora tipping edgelords

>there are retards who actually belive this
Wow

>implying this isn't an obvious bait/false-flag made precisely for this

Ah, wisdom at last, and it has ooparts as evidence.

YFW you realised that "the renaissance" is a meme, that people became MORE superstitious and fanatical and we only think it was a glorious improvement because writers at the time shot all over their medieval ancestors while gleefully wanting into their own open mouths.

Improvements in optics ment scientists could study the material universe better, and come up with better explanations than "god did it"

>implying chistianity has anything to do with Feudalism

>Galileo
>implying he made such a great discovery
>implying he could prove
>implying he got a worse punishment than having to pray more than x times a day
in the end it makes no difference what is in the center of the universe or the solar system
if you know relativity you know that, don't pretend to be a dumbass

who did copy the works of the ancients and preserved them?

>Implying the universe is not expanding from its centre
I must be that dumbs

>the entire world stagnated because Europe stagnated

OP rly maed me tink.

Islam

You know the Renaissance is shit when people from later periods, from the 17th century, into it, so it isn't as embarassing.

The only people you mentioned who could be considered a great scholar from the Renaissance is Copernicus. Giordano Bruno was a mystical hack typical from the period who stumbled into positions that would later be scientifically proven while doing magic, and Shakespeare and Galileo are from later periods.

Renaissance literature is not Shakespeare, it's Greek pastiches like Hypnerotomachia Poliphili. Renaissance scholarship is not Galileo (who was probably influenced by Medieval scholars instead through Giovanni di Casale), but mystical hacks like Paracelsus, Marsilio Ficino and Pico della Mirandola.

Such a racist graph.

>HURR DURR WHAT ARE ISLAMIC SCHOLARS UNAFFECTED BY YOUR CHRISTIAN DARK AGES?

Well according to modern science it doesn't actually expand from the centre

>and Shakespeare and Galileo are from later periods.
They were alive at the same time as Bruno

wow this theory is centuries old

and scholasticism is islamic

maybe you would trick more than 1 man out of 50.000 if this graph didn't consider the entire middleages are the dark ages, because it's a fact that the dark ages are just a tiny part of the early middle ages.

Also, the Renaissance was Christian as fuck, as much as the """dark age"""

christfags are so fucking pathetic, if they don't have the balls to debate something they resort to namecalling and claiming people "are trolling" no actual fucking arguments

Islam

You're even worse than him. This is unequivocally true.

>Trying to bait this hard
I don't think anyone is going to bite man, way too obvious

>Paracelsus
>Hack

Please explain

I am not the OP.

I love how the snark is to deny the 14- year old conclusion, represented by the OP's chart, without going into the substance of the matter.

You know what? All intentionality of the various actors aside, I'm gonna go for broke. OP's thing IS fucking true, and YOU

CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY IT ACTUALLY ISN'T! And the reason WHY you can't, is because you are trained to look at smaller details in the course of your historiography, and also because yes, the image suggests the possibility of the imagination of an alternate timeline, of proving a negative, of historical revisionism, cardinal sins to the practice.

cont.

Such smaller details include the point made by this user which is supposed to somehow excuse the previous centuries of scriptoria puzzling over Aristotle et al (it doesn't). The Renaissance claim is a cop-out as things only started meaningfully ramping up (in the sciences, one of the relevant categories for me as you'd expect, and for you as well) from about 1545 - 1675, when Cardano collects a more elaborate if autistic technique of basic algebra to solve a problem never solved before, Galileo did his thing, and later Newton/Leibniz. Admittedly Copernicus is important to this, and precedes the interval I've suggested, which is more of a bridge from the so-called renaissance period to the so-called enlightenment period. The other guy's stuff is the empty tut-tutting of a person who wants to derail a simplistic, popular point for the sole purpose of being taken more seriously as a historian, and not because his rhetoric is actually right, because of course it isn't. We are all capable of using our imaginations -/honest historians themselves do so, in the course of writing histories, though they will be careful to differentiate the voices/. The rhetorical point of the OP's image is actually correct: if, /as we always should have in the first place/, we could have straightforwardly banished useless thought and endeavor in general, So the rhetorical point is not so much an item of autistic actual historical fact, but what always should have been the case to begin with. That is why the picture is right, because that is the content of its meaning.

And none of you can actually refute that.

i think this is actually due to the bubonic plague that killed 60% of the european population. that's 60% of all scientists gone and a great loss of human knowledge.

That was during the LATE Middle Ages user. In other words, just before and during the Renaissance.

In reality, the academic slowing of the middle ages was far more political than religious. After the fall of Rome and rise of Islam, Christian networks across the world lost contact with each other and ligual barriers made knowledge harder to share.

It's not that scientific advancement and religion oppose each other in practice, It's just that centralization and communication correlate with inter-regional development. The Midle Ages were not a time of of exceptional religious piety, but rather exceptionally small borders and an exceptionally huge difficulty of communication.

modern science can suck an egg in high school
cept biology, he coo

[Screams internally]

Didn't civ 3 have a steampunk scenario complete with unique tech, units and buildings?

Wait nvm that was civ 5 I have no idea why I thought that was from civ 3

Naw. You wrong. The hoardes of Europe wouldn't have done shit without the stability and organizational structure of the church. The dotted line misrepresents the influence of church and should bend downward if anything.

>Trying this hard to troll on a Brazilian coffee making website

Im a total historiy pleb, can this actually be true? I never heard of these people before.

No one cares about a hack and his autism

OP's chart claims that the decline in Greco-Roman scholarship was caused by Christianity. There is absolutely no way anyone can prove that. There are, on the other hands, signs of decline before the dominance of Christianity.

nice b8

The best example of why Christianity can't be blamed for the collapse of Greco-Roman civilization in late antiquity is the Irish Golden Age. Ireland was not part of the Roman Empire, so it wasn't affected by its collapse. It was Christianized independently from the process of barbarian and Roman elites just adopting the dominant urban culture, and under Celtic Christianity experienced a golden age of scholarship, with people like John Scotus Eriugena, Dungal of Bobbio and Vergilius of Salzburg being familiar with classical texts even though they came from a land that was never part of the Greco-Roman world, thanks to Christianity.

This graph is specious. Historicist much?

Amen.

Knew it. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew some sperglord would post the Finno-korean hyper bullshit.

>Contrary to the way the affair is usually depicted, the real sticking point was the fact that the scientific objections to heliocentrism at the time were still powerful enough to prevent its acceptance. Cardinal Bellarmine made it clear to Galileo in 1616 that if those scientific objections could be overcome then scripture could and would be reinterpreted. But while the objections still stood, the Church, understandably, was hardly going to overturn several centuries of exegesis for the sake of a flawed theory. Galileo agreed to only teach heliocentrism as a theoretical calculating device, then promptly turned around and, in typical style, taught it as fact. Thus his prosecution by the Inquistion in 1633.

Galileo was the deathblow to a theoretical system that already had huge cracks in its foundation inflicted by Copernicus and Kepler.

There were big observational and mathematical problems with the Ptolemaic system, but people stuck with it because it had a system worked after a fashion rather than any sort of self evident rightness or superiority.

youtube.com/watch?v=wyRJZbNmC7U

completely true man

How does one properly defines and calculate scientific advancement in order to show it in your Y axis OP?

>some Christian scribe copies the work of Archimedes
>other Christian scribe writes over it

We now know this work anyway thanks to Christians.

>when you're half Irish half Jew

Ireland literally had the world's worst working conditions in the 1700s. They had a revolution for that very reason. They were essentially Britain's slaves.

>bullshit
It was all real user

t. Leprechaun

nah hopefully islam saved science during that period