Quote thread

Just post your favorite quotes.

Other urls found in this thread:

legalhistorysources.com/ChurchHistory220/Lecture13/MachiavelliLuigi.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Quintilus Varus, give me back my legions"

Although you could argue that the negro did end up exploring the world and inventing things, but in doing so he evolved into the white man.

Pretty sure the Negro evolved after the common ancestor of man left Africa.

>quotes about Jews and black people keep getting posted
>poster count stays the same

I wonder who could be behind this...

Except that this quote was not made by Charles Darwin but by some southern white supremacist (who's name escapes me) who did just about no research on Africa.

The name you're looking for is Thomas Dixon, Jr.

Darwin still hated niggers though.

>Darwin still hated niggers though.
I'm not so sure this is from his wikipedia page.
>His taxidermy lessons in 1826 from the freed slave John Edmonstone, who he long recalled as "a very pleasant and intelligent man", reinforced his belief that black people shared the same feelings, and could be as intelligent as people of other races. He took the same attitude to native people he met on the Beagle voyage.[186] These attitudes were not unusual in Britain in the 1820s, much as it shocked visiting Americans. British society became more racist in mid century,[24] but Darwin remained strongly against slavery, against "ranking the so-called races of man as distinct species", and against ill-treatment of native people.[187][VII] He valued European civilisation and saw colonisation as spreading its benefits, with the sad but inevitable effect that savage peoples who did not become civilised faced extinction. Darwin's theories presented this as natural, and were cited to promote policies that went against his humanitarian principles.[188]

It's Thomas Dixon.

Birth of a Nation is an adaption of his play, The Klansman.

Didn't this nonsense fucking ruin him and his empire?

Yes. He didn't take the Russian surrender when he had the chance IIRC. Which wasn't comepletely stupid, the Russians could have just spent some time reinforcing in that convienient peace and had a second go.

I eat my words.

"The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire."
-Ferdinand Foch

A quote that I pulled out of my ass and put it on an image.

-Some Asshole Who Posted A Quote Image

I am a redditor
-

Bah, butter fingers

legit 10/10

As an uninvolved third party, I approve of this exchange for the level of quality displayed.

Medieval churchgoers tended to be drunk during service anyway.

Not the full letter, but...

legalhistorysources.com/ChurchHistory220/Lecture13/MachiavelliLuigi.html

>worst president ever
>ulsterman

makes sense

Guess what the extended title of "On the Origin of Species" is.

feck eff

Isn't this from that set of /b/ threads like 5 years ago where they spent one thread making up believable but slightly ridiculous shit that dictators would say and the when it 404'd they posted it in a new thread and 80% of /b/tards completely bought it?

epic

>"Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die. In the time that it takes us to die, other forces and commanders can come and take our place."

-Mustafa Kemal. They actually followed his orders after he said this.

When will I learn