World War II was more interesting than World War I

>World War II was more interesting than World War I

>doesn't think Mary was impregnated from anal leakage

Childhood is thinking WW2 is super cool and interesting.
Youth is thinking WW1 is overlooked because it requires a deeper understanding of politics, but is ultimately more interesting.
Adulthood is realizing WW2 was indeed the most most fascinating conflict because it's when modern warfare truly developed and Europe shed the trappings of the past century in a truly ideological war.

Ww1 fags are just scared of being called Nazis. Ww1 is the safe war

WW1 was just a bunch of guys playing in the dirt and setting off fireworks.
WW2 was nothing but brutal battles, polish death camps, cool leaders and neat haircuts.

Only reddit tier plebs think WW1 is more interesting.
>Hurr WW2 IS TOO MAINSTREAM FOR ME IMA PRUSSIABOO LOL

Disgusting.

>tfw remember when this meme started.

At least it got rid of Constantine.

Thirty Years War is the true Patrician war to study.

>Thirty+Seventy Years War is the true Patrician war to study

FTFY

Childhood is thinking ww2 is super cool and interesting.
Youth is thinking ww1 is overlooked because it requires a deeper understanding of politics, but is ultimately more interesting.
Adulthood is realizing that ww2 is just an extension of ww1 and that understand it and the impact it had on modern society requires understanding ww1 as well.

True but if we're separating them, WW2 is gonna be more interesting senpai.

This

WW2 was more flashy but WW1 is ultimately more interesting because a lot of shit utilized in WW2 (tank warfare, chemical weaponry, air combat, air bombardment, battlefronts) originate from WW1.

As for the political aspect, WW2 is utter shit compared to the first war.

After listening to the Dan Carlin podcasts on WW1 I've decided to read some books on it.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

>WW1 was just a bunch of guys playing in the dirt and setting off fireworks.

This was a war that had battles with 40+ thousand causalities in a single day. You think that's playing? It was an unbelievably brutal war.

>There were no bad guys in ww-

>implying Jesus wasnt conceived through IVF and was delivered through a Caesarean section

The Price of Glory by Alistair Horne

>pic unrelated

WW 1 was grimdark.

M'lady.

This. The Great War is as close to hell as anyone should want to be.

how is it fedora if it is the obvious mainstream view in society?

this. WW1 terrifies me far more

given my age, had I been born a century ago I'd be in the trenches right now

normies: WW2
fedoras: WW1
patricians: Napoleonic

Iran-Iraq and Soviet-Afghan are the true patrician wars

this.

What's the best books on the Napoleonic war/Napoleon? Is Andrew Roberts decent or overhyped?

Andrew Roberts' is regarded as the best as it pretty much is. The Campaigns of Napoleon by David Chandler is also good.

i see you're a man of culture as well

There are also the Memoirs of Jean-Roch Coignet, but they are more about personal experiences rather than the broad scale of things, like the others books.

Cheers. So Andrew Roberts is good for getting a sense of how he was as a man?

Cold War > WW2 > WW1

>Have almost a sixth of the worlds landmass under your control
>Still collapse
How

the cold war is the most interestring by far because there was never a direct war.
It was the greatest game of espionage, propaganda and battles between superpower backed third world countries.

cyka blyat

Pretty much

Just because someone uses an economy car doesn't mean they are are a communist, if they want to sacrifice safety for mileage that is their God given right as an American.

nigga thats not even a real ad. Its from a game and the cars are nuclear powered