Is there something inherent about this religion

which makes it seem like its thousands of years behind Christianity when it comes to human rights and progressive values?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad's_wives
submission.org/abrogation.html
answeringmuslims.com/2014/02/muhammad-breaks-his-oath-to-his-wives.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sahih International: The bedouins are stronger in disbelief and hypocrisy and more likely not to know the limits of what [laws] Allah has revealed to His Messenger. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

Pickthall: The wandering Arabs are more hard in disbelief and hypocrisy, and more likely to be ignorant of the limits which Allah hath revealed unto His messenger. And Allah is Knower, Wise.

It goes back to their origins

Muhammad was a pedophile war lord

Jesus was a hippie

To me Islam has always been like the shitty sequel nobody wanted.
It's like terminator 3, while judaism and christianity would be 1/2

>thousands
>christianity is only about 2000 years old
More like hundreds of years. Maybe because it's hundreds of years not as old.

It's definitely older than 2000. I'm not sure by how much. But definitely older than 2000.

>Some apocryphal accounts state that at the time of her betrothal to Joseph, Mary was 12–14 years old, and he was ninety years old, but such accounts are unreliable.[56] According to ancient Jewish custom, Mary could have been betrothed at about 12.[57] Hyppolitus of Thebes claims that Mary lived for 11 years after the death of her son Jesus, dying in 41 AD.[58]

>it seem like its thousands of years behind Christianity when it comes to human rights and progressive values?

But it isn't.

What is Islamic golden age?

>Some apocryphal accounts

In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

This user

modern wahhabism

>Matt. 19:4—And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

>Mark 10:8—And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

>Post 1: Trying to make Mary and Aisha closer in age.

>Post 2: Saying kings took lots of wives.

Try to make sense at least once dude.

Those captive women were MARRIED to citizens so that the tribes wouldn't go EXTINCT.

So dumb. So islamic.

Exodus 21:7-11
7. "If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.
8. "If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He does not have authority to sell her to a foreign people because of his unfairness to her.
9. "If he designates her for his son [Note: "his son" means that the master is either her father's age or even much older!], he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters.
10. "If he takes to himself another woman, he may not reduce her food, her clothing, or her conjugal rights.
11. "If he will not do these three things for her, then she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

First of all, did the daughter have any choice to be sold off by her father, married off by her master to either himself or his son? No!

Also, the fact that the master can either marry her or marry her off to his son, means that MOST LIKELY, SHE IS HIS DAUGHTER'S AGE and younger than his son!! So he's probably at least 30+ years older than her. Yet, he himself (her father's age or even MUCH older) can marry her

>>Some apocryphal accounts
That does describe the hadiths pretty well.

>thousands of years behind Christianity when it comes to human rights and progressive values

It's only 40 years behind Christianity when it comes to these issues

it's pretty much same as christianity.

Because Christianity has been watered down and re-interpreted 1000 times

Meanwhile, Muslims keep to their religion and abhor innovation. Mashallah, God's law was not meant to be changed

And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. (Leviticus 15:9)

>Because of the continual bleeding, the woman would have been continually regarded in Jewish law as a niddah or menstruating woman, and so ceremonially unclean. In order to be regarded as clean, the flow of blood would need to stop for at least 7 days. Because of the constant bleeding, this woman lived in a continual state of uncleanness which would have brought upon her social and religious isolation.[5]

”But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

"If a man takes a wife and, after laying with her, dislikes her and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, 'I married this woman but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,' then the ((((((((((girl's father and mother shall bring proof)))))))) [how do you think they would do that?] that she was a virgin to the town elders at the gate. The girl's father will say to the elders, 'I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. Now he has slandered her and said, 'I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.' But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then her parents shall display the cloth [[[[[[[[[[the father would literally stick his two fingers covered with a piece of cloth into his daughter's vagina before she gets married and keep that bloody cloth for as long as his daughter is married]]]]]]]]] with before the elders of the town, and the elders shall take the man and punish him. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:13-18)"

>re-interpreted 1000 times

So has been Islam

Neither of these things are true, however. Christianity and Islam both have been re-interpreted several times throughout their history, and it was never in any one direction. Furthermore, Islamic law's very foundation rests on the belief that God could change his law and had brought a better one than what he'd given the Jews.

>Matt. 19:8—He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

user pls, the Bible is at least 400 years from Jesus while the Quran is like 30-40 years after Muhammad.

It's less the religion and more the people. What's worse, a lot of modern liberal ideals are seen as too European which forces Middle Easterners into a religious shell, ironically adopting anti-liberal European ideals and casting off traditional Islamic values that have more in common with liberalism than they'd like to admit.

And?

The Bible is only about 40-50 years after Jesus.

>Mark 6:18—For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.

"'Moses, a Jew, apparently married a black African and was approved by God.

We learn in Numbers that 'Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman' (Num. 12:1). A Cushite is from Cush, a region south of Ethiopia, where the people are known for their black skin. We know this because of Jeremiah 13:23: 'Can the Ethiopian [the same Hebrew word translated “Cushite” in Numbers 12:1] change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then also you can do good who are accustomed to do evil.' Attention is drawn to the difference of the skin of the Cushite people.'"

What is surviving copies?

Sorry, but it doesn't say that the father STICK FINGERS INSIDE HER DAUGTER'S VAGINA, maybe a rod or something?

Also, damn. Based Bible is full of sex fuckery.

>The Israelites invited Gideon to become their king and to found a dynasty, but he refused, telling them that only God was their ruler (Judges 8:22-23). G. A. Cooke, writing in the Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges notes the discontinuity between Ephraimite anger towards Gideon shown in Judges 8:1-3 and the proposition of kingship over [all] Israel, and therefore concludes that "these verses appear to come from a [secondary] source".[14]

>Gideon went on to make an ephod out of the gold won in battle, which eventually caused the whole of Israel again to turn away from God yet again. Gideon had 70 sons from the many women he took as wives. He also had a Shechemite concubine who bore him a son whom he named Abimelech (which means "my father is king") (Judges 8:31).

>Abimelech and a hired group of "worthless and reckless men" (Judges 9:4) went to the house of Gideon in Ophrah to kill the seventy sons of Gideon, Abimelech's brothers. They were killed systematically ("on the same stone"),[9] but only one brother escaped, Jotham.[1][5] Methodist writer Joseph Benson notes that "as a stone was sometimes used for an altar, (1 Samuel 6:14), some have conjectured from hence, that Abimelech intended to make his brethren a great victim to Baal, in revenge of the sacrifice of the bullock prepared for Baal, (Judges 6:25), and to expiate the crime of Gideon, as these idolaters accounted it, by the sacrifice of all his sons".[10]

I heard that the Mosaic law allow the father to do 'digital defloweration' on their daughter.

Genesis 19:1-9

1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

9 "Get out of our way," they replied. And they said, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.
HERE WE CAN SEE THAT THE BIBLE SAY THAT LOT SAY TO HIS PEOPLE THAT THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO HIS TWO DAUGHTERS!!!

2- "Now kill all the boys [innocent kids]. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (From the NIV Bible, Numbers 31:17-18)"

KILL THEM ALL

1 Samuel 15:2-4
2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
4 And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.

BABIES THAT STILL SUCKLING ARE KILLED

Psalm 137:8-9
8 O daughter of Babylon, O destroyed one, O the happiness of him who repayeth to thee thy deed, That thou hast done to us.
9 O the happiness of him who doth seize, And hath dashed thy sucklings on the rock!

DASHING LITTLE CHILDREN AGAINST ROCK

Judges 21: 10-12

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

KILL EVERYONE INCLUDING WOMEN AND CHILD! KILL THEM ALL!

Judges 21:19-24
Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

LEGALIZED RAPE! KIDNAP FROM LOVED ONE!

>Trying to denounce Christanity with the OLD testament

Wut

Numbers 31:17-18
They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

KILL ALL THE CHILDREN! TAKE VIRGINS AS SEX SLAVE!

Christianity had an Enlightenment

Islam did not

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I WILL STRIKE HER CHILDREN DEAD . Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 2:22-23)"

JESUS STRIKE INNOCENT CHILD DEAD

STRIKE
INNOCENT
CHILD
DEAD

KILL THAT CHILD

GOD KILLING AN INNOCENT CHILD

PRINCE OF PEACE KILL AN INNOCENT CHILD

SON OF GOD KILLING AN INNOCENT CHILD

We have the qur'an from the time of abu bakr, first khalif. Thus, oldest surviving quran is from within 10 years of the death of the prophet pbuh.

>Revelations as anything more than a metaphor for the Imperium over Jereselum

Whoa there Protestant! Let's crack open that catechism every once in a while, yeah?

Wahhabism/Salafism is the problem.

I WILL STRIKE HER CHILDREN DEAD

Those children being the puppet states set up by the Romans across the Mediterranean.

We live in a world where rape is common in nature. From God's point of view, Death is meaningless and time spent on Earth is incomparable to the afterlife. So what if there is some suffering before we get to the afterlife? So what if God had to have the Israelites smite their enemies just to survive as his chosen people? These stories do not disprove God, but is further proof that he would have Christ suffer for the sins of the many.

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit. . . .

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

JUSTIFYING THE KILLING OF INNOCENT CHILD! CHILD! WHO DID NOTHING WRONG!

JUSTIFYING THE KILLING OF INNOCENT CHILDREN

I stop now

Oh, before I leave. Here:

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

So yeah, Jesus uphold these brute verses.

The kuran basically takes the parts of the bible that even confederates or nazis would use to defend their beliefs

And ordered those wicked arabs genocided.

>come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them bu

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Holy shit, who the fuck actually argues that The Law as defined by Jesus is the Old Testament?

Not that user but the Quran uphod that the Bible now is not the original.

Reason? Well that user made it pretty clear. The prophets will NEVER do something so barbaric. Jesus will NEVER kill an innocent child. And others that user points out.

See "There were, of course, others who might examine accused brides. Dwyer, 63, notes the role of doctors in modern Morocco. In pre-modern times this role was performed by midwives (see Westermarck, Marriage Ceremonies in Morocco, 229f.; Marcus, p. 324. M. Friedman, Ribbui Nashim Beyisra'el [Tel Aviv: Mosad Bialik etc., 1986], 169-170, 263). According to the Midrash Hagadol, Isaac himself examined Rebekah digitally before their marriage (Midrash Hagadol to Genesis 24:67 [ed. M. Margulies; Jerusalem: Mosad Harav Kook, 1967, 411]; according to Pirke Rabbi Eliezer, chap. 16, p. 38a, the examination consisted of digital defloration [ref. courtesy of my colleague, Prof. Judah Goldin]). According to the aprocryphal Book of James, sec. 19-20, Mary was likewise examined digitally for virginity by Salome (New Testament Apocrypha, ed. E. Hennecke & W. Schneemelcher, 385; ref. courtesy of Prof. Tikva Frymer-Kensky and my colleague Prof. Robert A. Kraft)."

???

The Quran says exactly the opposite; that it is the Word of God as given to God's prophets.

Your ridiculous hadiths say "oh no bible corrupted" without any evidence whatsoever, and in the face of overwhelming textual criticism of the bible. And all at the exact same time in tens of thousands of manuscripts in dozens of countries.

Islam is devil worship; only the devil could believe that.

No Progressive Christian is an actual Christian ,people who don't follow the Bible or the Law of the Church aren't Christians, they might be so by name but thats where it ends

>aprocryphal

OH NO

Hey, at least we didn't say that Christ kill an innocent child.

That is supported by your bible in

See And remember even then

>apocryphal

Jesus said "I HAVE COME TO FULFILL THE LAW OF THE PROHETS. NOT TO ABOLISH THEM."

That law being "The Messiah shall come if you follow God" which he fulfilled.

Did you not read the Acts of the Apostles and the presentation that overturned the old restrictions?

S-stop! JESUS WAS A RIGHTEOUS MAN.

Please stop this pointless fight, Muslims and Christians. Just stop.

It's pointless. No one will gain anything. Stop.

perhaps the muslims will ALLAHU ACKBAR and blow both parties up

Bloody sheet from the wedding night, the lying groom has to pay a price.

No blood on the sheet from the wedding night, the lying bride has to pay a price.

I don't know what universe you're living in, but everyone pays the price for what they do.

When you kill women who are not virgins on their wedding night, guess what? Women are virgins on their wedding night.

And yet, Lot was considered a righteous man.

You would do well to consider why God considered Lot a righteous man, when he clearly did not do righteous things.

Yes, the enemies of the Jews rejoice when they can dash the infants of the Jews against the rocks.

Yes, so they don't grow up and get revenge.

You're new here, aren't you.

Yes, kill the people who caused the plague.

The virgins clearly did not cause the plague, as the plague was spread by sexual intercourse.

You don't think clearly, do you.

Yes, the Catholics are not going to enjoy the Tribulation. Nobody will.

Yet you have not managed to find the escape.

Really no idea how you cannot spot the muslim. Oh, wait, you people have zero spiritual discernment. My bad.

No, but you do say that he raised one of his childhood friends from the dead, based on a gnostic gospel.

Letting this religion take the entire middle east was the biggest mistake Europe ever made

Christianity is about the deification and enlightenment of man, it's about returning to our roots and fulfilling our purpose, about defeating death and freeing ourselves from the shackles of this world.

Islam is about worshipping a warlord god who gives virgins to his warriors.

>Islamic law's very foundation rests on the belief that God could change his law and had brought a better one than what he'd given the Jews.
No, Allah never ever changes his mind. The fact that YHVH/God appears to have the ability to change his mind in Jewish and Christian scripture (despite later theology trying to minimize this) is presented as evidence of their corruption. Islamic law is presented as the original law of Abraham's deity, and it didn't ever "change", it was "corrupted" by non-Muslims and "progressively revealed" to Muslims. Furthermore, Muhammed was the last person to receive revelation, and any further revelation like the Bahai's are treated as unbelief.

And did so on the cross at Calvary.

Have you seen the Middle East? The only thing worth fighting for is the oil under the sand. And that's a recent discovery.

Allah confirmed as a robot.

>No, Allah never ever changes his mind.

Oh, really?

Not even on how many wives Mohammad could have?

No, to the extent that Aisha could clearly see through Muhammed's bullshit, assuming that story has any grain of truth to it. It's like the doctrine of abrogation being used to cover up the fact that the Koran is supposed to be the perfect exact word of Allah but clearly has contradictions to it.

It's hard to simultaneously argue that the quran is changeless and eternal and was only dictated to Mohammad, but yet it has abrogated suras in it.

Very hard.

Unless, of course, you have a knife to your throat.

Well no, it isn't hard, because the very nature of the doctrine states that any seeming contradiction is actually just abrogation and therefore not a problem. The equivalent of saying it isn't a crime if the president does it. It word-games away any difficulty using a heavy dose of orthodox faith to smooth things over.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

>religions
>inherently anything

Islam is the way it is due to geopolitics in the middle east.

Read the objective of Muhammad marriage:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad's_wives

Remember, most are them are old and not young. If Muhammad really is what you said he is, then he should only marry young women. Which is not the case.

As for Aisya, look . Aisya's parents was actually hand Aisya for marriage.

>abrogation
Let me guess, you know this from the hadiths, right? Look, we believe that the Quran is preserved. The hadiths however is not. Read this:

submission.org/abrogation.html

Have you read about Islamic Golden Age? Have you read about the Dark Ages? Do you know that the terrorists is 1% of 1% of muslim population?

Not that user but really? REALLY? Really? Really?

user, please tell me that you're born special. For me. Because I cannot comprehend that people with your special mentality exist.

It's very hard to take Islam seriously when there are so many verses that are clearly Muhammad using the authority of God to get people to do what he wants

>

O Ye who believe! Enter not the dwellings of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless permission be granted you. But if ye are invited, enter, and, when your meal is ended, then disperse. Linger not for conversation. Lo! that would cause annoyance to the Prophet, and he would be shy of (asking) you (to go); but Allah is not shy of the truth. And when ye ask of them (the wives of the Prophet) anything, ask it of them from behind a curtain. That is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not for you to cause annoyance to the messenger of Allah, nor that ye should ever marry his wives after him. Lo! that in Allah's sight would be an enormity.

Muhammad telling his followers they shouldn't overstay their welcome when they come over for dinner. I'm sure that a VERY important message God needed the world to know and not just Muhammad telling people what to do because he's the prophet and God told him so.

What about the part where he gets caught cheating on his wife with a slave and says he won't do it again then Allah tells him "Nah man it's cool, have sex with whoever you want" and Muhammad shrugs and says "Well you heard the man, guess I can fuck anyone I want, Allah said that, not me guys, really"

answeringmuslims.com/2014/02/muhammad-breaks-his-oath-to-his-wives.html

Like from an outsiders perspective the evidence seems obvious that Muhammad was a con man who made himself a prophet to get a horde of retards to let him do anything he wants, like a prototype L Ron Hubbard. I don't understand how anyone could read it and not come to that conclusion.

>Like from an outsiders perspective
Seems more like the perspective of a polemic.

I know that's the usual blurb from Islamists these days, but the fact is the earliest Muslim-Jewish debates over the subject of abrogation are specifically about the legitimacy of God sending down a new covenant different from the old, as opposed to the Christian argument that Jesus fulfills it in some haphazard way to satisfy prophesies that never really were.

Islamic Law is not at all presented as the original law of Abraham by any classical jurist, but the customs of Muhammad's generations that are theoretically most in line with fulfilling God's new (and final) covenant with mankind before the end of the world.

Then explain to me how you rationalize those verses without coming to the conclusion the Muhammad was just faking to get his own way

So is /pol/ some weird fanboy club that hates everybody who liked T1 more than T2?

All of which is pre-New Testament and therefore is more correctly accredited to Judaism than Christianity.

>the only way to read God'a final and complete message to man is reading it in classical Arabic, a version of a language notorious for ambiguity that is even more notorious for ambiguity
The actual semantic content behind the verses is either contradictory, or contradictory under another name, "abrogation." The reason the concept was invented in the first place was that there was no way to intellectually preserve the contradictory text otherwise, similar to how harmonization is used as a catch-all term for discrepancies in the NT Gospels. Hadith-rejecting Qu'aranists are admirable in that they reject centuries of non-functional traditional bullshit like the Protestant Revolution, but unfortunately they do not address fundamental problems.