Did anyone else take the CFA today? Shit almost killed me

Other urls found in this thread:

cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/level_I_exam_prep.aspx
youtube.com/channel/UCAHr-sT0AjrD3sBwr1eRUNg/undefined
thepiratebay.org/search/cfa/0/99/0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

chicago reporting in.
first time test taker, level 1.
a lot of it just felt like my school stuff. a lot of the people i sat around apparently worked for companies and like got reimbursed and stuff, i felt like the loser who didn't have a nice job and just paid my own shekels to play the game with them

I also took level 1. Ethics was surprisingly difficult, and I think I got fucked by fixed income. I think my score is going to be borderline pass.

how long did you study for it?

any tips? I'm not sure if I'd do it, level 1 seems like basically just Uni 2.0

Chic Fil A?

i'm feeling pretty borderline myself. i procrastinated hardmode
60 hours, but i feel like it was only the last 15 that mattered for me yesterday and today.
if i had to do it again, i'd ignore textbooks completely and just learn from the practice tests with answers and explanations. i didn't realize how time-efficient learning from sample questions was until i only had fifteen hours left while still allowing myself a nap before the exam.
cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/level_I_exam_prep.aspx

I studied for 2 hours a day for about 6 months. I heard the average number of hours is 300 for level 1.

A lot of it is stuff from uni, but I would recommend it because of the extra credibility it gives you in the eyes of employers.

I thought it was pretty damn easy actually.
Compared to the mock exams

No because I'm not a good goy that fell for the college meme

What prep provider did you use?

there was some old schweser shit on tpb that i copped but only really went through the ethics stuff from them
then moved on to this guy youtube.com/channel/UCAHr-sT0AjrD3sBwr1eRUNg/undefined
then gave up on that and just did practice tests

Fixed income was somewhat hard second exam around.
What was so hard about ethics? I thought they were pretty easy, especially compared to the mocks.
Trying to pass ethics using intuition and common sense will screw you though.

As for Prep provider, I used analyst notes, which definitely are known for hard mock exams (one part because the grammar and question wording are shit).
But even compared to the CFAI mocks it felt easier. Not like I aced it but like good 80-90 range

my friend has been studying for the level 3. said that shit was the hardest.

Are you finance majors? Different majors? Or no tertiary education at all?

finance/accounting. but from a dogshit university, my family has no college history and we're working poor class.
i'm probably the least qualified person to even be in that exam room, especially considering my lack of purposeful prep.
what felt difficult about the fixed income portion in the afternoon sitting? not trying to be condescending, i think i honestly already forgot.
>Trying to pass ethics using intuition and common sense will screw you though.
oh boy, this'll be interesting for me then.

I don't remember too much, its just I circled every question I wasn't 90% confident and FI had the most percent wise.
I remember world gov bank, something about when is the bond credit spread most narrow. stuff that wasn't calculation base was my weakest subject.

I kinda sympathize because I've been a neet for the past 2 years and all my peers have gotten recognized finance jobs with schwab and tdameritrade, so I decided to take the cfa to play catch up.

If they are hard it's because you're inadequate.

t. Charter holder, member BSAS.

post all the question you can remember
esp ethics questions

Level 3 here...morning was the fucking hardest exam I've ever written...the afternoon was easier than level 1.

the fact they make u stay until the end..fuck it..never taking it again until they at least reach the standards of gmat

woah the only thread on here not about some shit crypto. have a bump

my adderall and caffeine still haven't worn off, jesus fuck

Was thinking of doing it, do you guys have any literature, questions and answers etc. I can prep myself with?

thepiratebay.org/search/cfa/0/99/0
this is more than enough meat to digest. and material that's only outdated by one year is still basically current. way better than dropping thousands on kaplan's website
also when you're registered to sit for an exam, the cfa website gives you a handful of sample questions and stuff just for fun

Ive been hodling ltc for years and didnt sell the bottom. HODL