Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled...
Fascism is left-wing right?

Both

Is shitposting left or right wing?

Third position

It's almost universally accepted to be right-wing.

by leftists

Depends on what system you use.
In the old left-right continuum it's right wing, in the new one it's left.
Personally I think the newer system holds a lot more water than the older one or other modern replacements like CE for AD.
While the older system was based on relative extremes, the newer is based on a more tangible "measurement" of personal freedom for people under that ideology. On the far left is Totalitarianism, on the far right anarchy.
It's better than placing Fascism next to Classic Liberalism because they're both relatively "conservative" and radical Anarchism next to Stalinism because they're both "progressive."

>universally
stupid cuck

Radical Centrist.

The left-right dichotomy doesn't mean anything anymore.

It was at the time considered a third position and if you study you could find elements of both right and left ideologies.

philosophically, it is right wing

I don't think left right really applys.
Liberalism's subject is the individual
Communism's subject is the class
Fascism's subject is the state
It's a state centric ideology.

That's a mask for right wing bullshit

They claim to be against capitalism and communism, but in practice they just end up attacking communists and striking workers for their capitalist masters

I mostly mean in theory.

In practice it's usually as how you say it is.

The left wing sends to pretty linearly follow Marxism to greater and greater ends. To be left wing, all you have to do is subscribe to Marxism, to move further down it, just be more Marxist.

The right wing only has notions of understanding the value of all things not being treated equal. I think by this standard fascism becomes right-wing, but is it more right wing than say, your capitalist republic? They value nationalism and a sense of community more, socially they may not have the classism of a capitalist society. Politically though, it's a dictatorship, there's certainly a hierarchy there. It's not fair to say they're 'far right' just because they're less agreeable than the standard right wing of today.

>The left wing sends to pretty linearly follow Marxism to greater and greater ends. To be left wing, all you have to do is subscribe to Marxism, to move further down it, just be more Marxist.
>he thinks left-wing came about with marxism
o i am laffin

Fascism is nether left-wing nor right-wing, it is radically anti-centrist.

Neither, it's an alternative to left and right.

Also

>Social policies decide what a political affiliation is

Fuck the post-Cold War world

Even in theory it's just capitalism with regulations

Social Fascism

The left-right is a false dichotomy. I honestly don't see why people fall for it, much less why they try to put the ideologies they don't like into the opposing camp and in the process are forced to redefine both positions, making the distinction even more pointless. It just feels so stupid. I mean, for Christ's sake, find a coherent ideology to follow instead of throwing labels around like that and then asking "what's the left/right position on this issue?".

>Even in theory it's just capitalism with regulations
Not really. It was more of a system based on keynesian economics.

No it's not, unless you use a retarded libertarian definition of left-right.

Fascism is the ultimate combination of maximum government and deeply conservative and reactionary social values. It's usually the antithesis to a period of radical leftwing changes that happened not too long before.

>inb4 le conservatives don't like big gubment!
Conservatives don't like big government only when it takes their money and jobs to help colored people at their expense.

This
And this

Keynesianism is just a way of managing capitalism.

Yes. The left is for utter control over everybody at all times, "for their own good".

The right wants to be left the fuck alone.

Guess which group is self-sufficient?

>Guess which group is self-sufficient?
Neither.

Commie filth -> Centrism -> fascism -> traditionalism

fascism is both left-wing (it's totalitarian) and right-wing (believes in human hierarchy), but it stands outside of the common left–right axis because of its autarchy and reactionarism, opposed to the globalism and progressivism of both left and right wing.

Except the "new system" you mention isn't actually academically valid, unless you're in a completely retarded community that has no serious professionals.

>Oh but the academic community as a whole is just a bunch of leftists

Well... maybe that says something?

>Also

This "new system", on a non-academic level (or on an undergrad level in some cases of terribly ill communities) is directly related to the rise of some GREAT tendencies, like the New Left and Alt Right, which are VERY MUCH WORTH SPREADING FURTHER.

>unironically believing in the left/right dichotomy

Veeky Forums is only good for shitposting

The difference is that their "capitalist masters" don't even want to be there in the first place, they don't need them anymore and would rather have their money in china...

Third position master race

Marxism set the staple for anything in a modern sense.
Of course a republic is left of a monarchy, but that was applicable yesteryear.
Nowadays the left is comprised of Marxists.

>Spotted the leftist.