Legitimate success

We have brains, we can sit here and think and brainstorm, let's stop shitposting and really think here don't just consume

Veeky Forumsraelies, let's come up with an idea and become the next Bill Gates. Who here's intelligent or well educated scientifically?

What do people want? I'll brainstorm a bit here

-People want fad items to fit in with their social group
-They want to feel connected to the world
-They want security in their finances
-They want items which appeal to their interests
-They want to do things which make them feel productive

So let's think of a product that is cheap to produce, preferably software or an app, that does some of these things. Even just one, really well.

Words with friends was such a simple idea and it made like $50m

Should our Veeky Forumsness venture be a game? A social networking platform? A meme sort of thing like snapchat where it's simple as fuck but hugely successful? More brainstorming plx

Will be making more posts through the night

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGc00c3TBfQ
discord.gg/jhqB6a9
theverge.com/2017/1/12/14249630/youtube-super-chat-pay-pin-comments-live-stream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Who here's intelligent or well educated scientifically?

getting a bachelor of science
how fucked am i?

MMORPGs are really popular because they let you be social from your bedroom with tons of people at once, tons, without physical effort required

Let's create something that allows massive sociability in an abstract way

I for instance often have an urge to go to places like Times Square just to feel like I'm a part of our species, a part of a social group, humans

Let's create the Times Square of the internet. What is it right now? Facebook. But people are disconnected and in little social groups of their own. Let's create a worldwide Times Square where anyone can have their 5 seconds of fame so to speak, 5 seconds of virtual exposure to the entire world. Some shit like this. How do you monetize it though

tinder for webcam sex. recording not possible.

Whenever you see a documentary on human sociability, there's always a timelapse of crowds walking through Times Square. We need to create the Times Square of the internet. It needs to appeal to everyone somehow and it needs to be commercialized as fuck and capitalistic and shit.

Kind of like /r/place on reddit where you could take your own pixel in the end result of something permanent in the world. It was a thing. Let's create something like that, where everyone contributes to some ultimate artistic creation of humanity, but they have to spend lots of time to get their miniscule aspect recognized. Spend hours to get a single pixel into the end result, like that, but something bigger than just a little picture at the end of /r/place. And something social in nature

This is another thing everyone wants:

-Make it easy to do

Check Peter Thiel on the subject: Facebook didn't start out aiming to get everyone on earth signed up, it aimed to get Mark Cuckledburgs classmates signed up. Tesla didn't start off with mass market cheap hatchbacks, it targeted rich eviroconcious nerds who wanted a sports car (Tesla Roadster). Ebay started off figuring out how to best serve beanie-baby collectors who wanted to trade. New ventures should target the smallest market possible and dominate it completely. If you think your target market might be too big, it almost certainly is.

Zero to One
youtube.com/watch?v=FGc00c3TBfQ

What about an HMTL page that looks like times square? and only one person can speak at once.

It would be like habbo hotel, only uncensored, and only one can speak at once.

People can pay to go up a few places in the line.

Great points user didn't realize that about ebay lol. Will watch the video

Interesting idea user, kind of like paying paying for 5 seconds to say something on TV except not on TV, on the internet, on a place where everyone mutually wants to say something so they're all watching in order to be allowed to say something.

It must encourage consuming the product in order to contribute themselves to the product

People want shelter. But houses are expensive, apartments are expensive, and hotels are expensive. Why can't we just have these little pods everywhere that you can reserve for like $5 a night. It's just a little pod you can sleep in that locks. But we make them fucking everywhere, on the side of the road, on every corner like telephone booths. That would be fucking sweet, you could just travel everywhere and be like: I feel like sleeping right HERE tonight.

Holy shit user, that is actually legitimately genius and it wouldn't even be hard to implement

Microtransaction based hotels. Just create them, hook them up to electricity and water, and make them really durable and resistant to vandalization, and they'd be autopilot free money.

much wow

Ever been to Japan, laggards ?

I've got a shed out back that I sleep in when my wife's buck visits. Maybe we could make something like that.

Getting paid for getting your dick sucked.

That'd be quite successful.

How much are we talking? Are you close to Chicago?

That's a good idea too. What makes hotels expensive is the property. Similarly to how uber drivers use their own cars, there could be an app that allows people to turn their sheds out back into hotels. You just buy a pod micro hotel thing and put in your back yard and then you get $$$ for letting people sleep there and not raeping them. What do people use their backyards for anyway? They're useless. It's wasted space.

check out this discord for biz and crypto stuff

discord.gg/jhqB6a9

>What is AirBNB

CuckShedBNB?

>It's just a little pod you can sleep in that locks.

People need a toilet too user.

And a shower

I know the people and technology to create a decentralized VR/AR social network that works right in your browser without any download.

I'm not ready to share with the group yet but you can look up such technology like WebVR, IPFS, WebAssembly, JanusVR to get an idea.

You can pay people to watch to incentive viewers.
Youtube released something similar where you pay to pin comments.

>theverge.com/2017/1/12/14249630/youtube-super-chat-pay-pin-comments-live-stream

you've descrived what Veeky Forums or redit offer