Give me one reason not to become a truckdriver

Give me one reason not to become a truckdriver.

you'd be a truck driver.

I always wanted to be a truck driver. I imagine it would be pretty comfy with a custom seat installed and just listening to XM radio podcasts while on the highway.

>Go to truck stop and fug an underage whore
>go back on the road

Sounds awesome desu

dont forget about all the lot lizards and serial killing!

why such a high pay for something so simple?

Chicks dig truckdrivers

>Said nobody, ever

Because it sucks. You are always driving and you are ever home

companies need motivated workers

perfect job for a NEET imo

portable neet

because you'll spend all hours of the day developing job experience that will soon be irrelevant due to automation . if you're unemployed though i guess it's better than nothing.

autonomous trucks

Because it's good

>Because it sucks. You are always driving and you are ever home

>ALWAYS DRIVING
>ONLY 30-50 HOURS A WEEK
pick one retard

try driving somewhere for 12 hours each day next weekend and see how you like it

then imagine doing that every day for the rest of your life

as someone who commutes 3 hours a day back and forth to work, driving is hell, stressful, lows of idiots out there (truck drivers being the biggest of them all)

everyone hates you because of how fucking annoying you all are on the roads or assumes you are a worthless meth addict (cause you probably are)

job really taxing on your body

gotta be away from home all the time and will get cucked

its just a shitty job filled with shitty people, when it is all automated in ten years the world will be a much better place

yup you get to stay in shitty motels the rest of the time sounds fun

Ooohhh nooo a job isn't 10/10 24/7. How terrible

And no retard you're not in a motel

you're right, my bad, you'll be in the truck.

When your tarping 15,000lbs coils in the rain and wind and roadwork is constantly altering your routes so your always trying to find your destination youll find out quickly your underpaid. There is a reason the turnover rate in the trucking industry is over 100%. Also you really work like 70 hours, its not a job its your life. The 50 hours they tell is the actual driving, not included is trip planning, breakdowns, waiting for loads to be loaded and unloaded etc.

But who knows OP, maybe youll be one in a 1,000 that will enjoy it.

1. Deadlines

If you aren't somewhere at a certain time (even if there's bad weather or traffic or an accident or something outside of your control) you lose bonus pay and risk getting fired. You have to take everything into consideration and always be ahead of your deadlines.

2. Sitting down so much causes constipation, back issues, hemorrhoids.

t. my uncle was a truck driver

>job really taxing on body

What job is less? Sitting in an office chair? Lol nice lower back bruv

Trades? Nice joints lel

Just try playing eurotruck simulator for a few days 8 hours per day and see whether you enjoy that.

Dude it's 50 hrs a week max. Barely different than an office job where you sit 40 hrs.

Suck my dick fags keep trading NEETcoin and pepecoin while I drive a truck and nut in sluts

any half decent office has standing chairs nowadays, and you can get up every 30 minutes to get water or go the bathroom, which makes a huge fucking difference

always on the road eating mcdonalds

then again most of us all sit at home all day eating mcdonalds anyways

but there is a reason most truck drivers drop in their early 50s, the stress of driving, the toll sitting all day staying alert for 12 hours takes on your body, and the shitty food

You actually believe everything you see in the job ad, get real.

I drove a flatbed for a year. If you expect this to be cakewalk your in for a very rude awaking. But again maybe you'll be the 1% that sticks with it.

>30 to 50 hours a week
so 60-80 hours a week probably.

This, you guys will get replaced by Siri in 5-10 years.

Keep trading crypto.

There's very high demand right now thanks to amazon.

It's also a shitty job where you just sit on your ass for hours and are almost forced to eat shit food.

hemorrhoids

have fun being replaced by self driving trucks

Im a neet so this is a vast improvement.

Haha - yep

Actually elon musk said before trucks are allowed to be competely automated the role of the driver is going to be completely redesigned. More manager than driver. In this scenario I wouldnt mind rolling around in the newest technology for a few years.

I won't work it for 40 years man

Ill be a cuckdriver for a few years save my dough and move onto greener pastures

At least you have the right mindset.

If I may make a sugestion why not just drive dry-bulk, and skip the flatbed route. Or is that just one ad you were thinking about? Because securing loads and tarping is all extra hours of work you dont get paid for. Work smarter not harder.

managing what? they haul boxes of lifeless STUFF around. checking boxes for 50 hours a week that someone already checked before they were dispatched?

>only 50 hours a week
wagies, everyone

Well a driver will need to be in there for a few years mandatory, before the trucks are allowed to drive themselves. So you would really just be like a live beta tester. Like checking for idiosyncrasies, trucks running at less the peak efficiency.

Just do it my boy

22yo trucker here can confirm its comfy but luckily I'm home every night, what podcast do you recommended? I just listen to stand up comedian's on spotify

You ever pick up any travelers?

Fuck no I'm a trucker because I can't stand working with others so to be stuck in a truck with someone would trigger me

Does your ass or foot hurt from driving all day? My dad was a bus driver for years and he developed a repetitive strain injury on his foot.

Sounds comfy but in the UK it's not as satisfying as driving on US highways.

Will do papa

Also, JRE is what I always listen to. SleepyCast is hilarious but you might die laughing at the wheel. RadioLab is fascinating and really high production value, highly recommended, especially the older episodes.

I love learning languages so I also listen to a few podcasts on that like Actual Fluency. Sometimes I listen to foreign podcasts for them immersion gains.

>boring
>lonely
>easily replaced by robots
>pollutes the environement
>no career opportunity
>car accidents
>bad health

Enjoy your shitty job, nue male.

I wouldn't do it. Know someone who is a truck driver and they are in really bad shape late in life.

>Getting into an occupation that will be automated within 10 years

>truckdriving
>a numale job

Ah yes sitting in an office all day traditional job for man

30 to 50 hours a week driving. You will be taking required 10 hour breaks between those times sleeping or sitting in your truck at a truck stop or the side of the road.

Not to mention your dispatch are probably fucking retards who will send you two days early to a stop and you'll have to sit until you can get loaded

Back pain

Yeah, agreed. Also wear sunscreen bro, don't end up like this guy

I had an office job for a few months and the guys that work there are like lazy, overfed liberal lab rats. Will never work in an office again, fuck that