Descartes?

Why post poets?

Schopenhauer and Rousseau

Albert Camoo

>on history board
>likes Nietzsche
user, I...

Dave Hume

Why do people like him, I don't get it. He literally just says "great" people should do whatever they want and everyone else is a stupid sheeple. What exactly is the point of a political philosophy that advocates anti-intellectualism and can't actually be put into practice? Seems like he just says edgy shit for the sake of it.

t. Someone who has read Nietzsche's wikipedia article and nothing beyond it

Speaking of anti-intellectualism, you could try getting the book into your hand and actually studying the matter before bashing it out of baseless ignorance.

I don't think I could pick a favorite but my top 3 are:
-J.G. Fichte
-Nietzsche
-Derrida

I read a portion of Beyond Good and Evil that was in my political philosophy textbook.

He seems to say that anyone who's a free thinker should do whatever they want, regardless of the consequences. He just really hates it when people lack a spirit and lack conviction. I know he doesn't have any specific utopian society in mind, but I just don't really get how his ideas could be put into practice in any coherent way.

Dude empiricism lmao

***RADICAL FREEDOM***

(is that me or you)

It's me. I know it sounds like I was just baiting and I kinda was but I literally got into an argument with my professor about Nietzche and he tried to make me understand and I still just don't really get it. I mean there are a decent amount of great Philosophers who respect Nietzche that I actually like, but I feel like I'm missing out on something.

It's okay, I don't understand him much either.

he's pretty motivational if you are a wannabe intellectual

I mean he literally starts off his argument pretty much by saying that anyone who supports democracy is a dumb sheep, which is like a third of the world at that point. Why should I take a guy who makes claims like that seriously?

He did bring up a lot of good points, I mean I'll freely admit that I knew he was talking exactly about people like me when he brought up the "herd animal" type of person, and to a certain extent, humans are actually getting more depressed and mentally subdued than they used to be. I think this is a valid thing to be worried about, but he acts like it is objectively destroying everything and anyone who has adapted to be successful in a civilized world has lost their spirit completely and is not even a full human being anymore.

He just seems to be so crass in his observations, which is normal, relatively, but he's kind of a dick about it. Even people like Thomas Hobbes don't bother me at all; Hobbes makes his observations (sweeping generalizations like those of Nietzche), and makes his conclusions. He doesn't ramble on about any of his pretensions about how he knows the hard truth and how everyone who doesn't is inferior.

And Nietzche praises all this violence and hatred and intolerance in general while he's in his cozy little university. And on top of that he denounces Plato and Kant. I mean what the fuck was up with him? What is there to like about him?

J. Krishnamurti

Me.

I tend to agree with most of my ideas.

Heidegger

wrote a big ass paper on him for a philosophy class ~a year ago. Being In Time is a hard read, but holy fuck its beautiful

nietzsche was a bug chaser

>Being In Time
what

>Nietzsche
>Nihilist
user, how do I break this to you...

lololololoololololol

This.

Schopenhauer.

Terrance McKenna

*SNIFF*

Nietzsche hated nihilism

>Catholic has the term for a homosexual who actively pursues AIDS memorized
Thus the iron drips…

based spookbuster

High-tier philosophy ahead: youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4

I love him for all those reasons.

A. N. Whitehead

Honourable mention to Max 'the ghost buster' Stirner and Plato 'science was a mistake' of Athens

> Consider the structure of your thinking, without which you can't think of anything

> Consider the immediacy of your outer and inner sensations, which provide the standard of what you self-evidently know

> Consider the absurdity that comes from renouncing your own rational judgement in favor of some external authority

I'm open to a new favorite, but the bar has been set high.

Machiavelli