Philosophy is redundant and outdated thanks to the scientific method...

Philosophy is redundant and outdated thanks to the scientific method, baseless assertions should have no place in society.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>>/reddit/

>tfw to smart?

*too

what library does that kid study at. im impressed

Just be happy all the time.

Why are you posting my waifu, user?

Imagine shitting that out of your vagina.

Really gets my neurons buzzing

They'd make a cesarean you dumbfuck

Actually, philosophy IS science, so yeah
Consider that you dunce and fuck back off to dumbfuckistan where you believe anything that a guy in a labcoat tells you

>yfw you still can't justify the scientific method with the scientific method
W-we'll do it some day, won't we, stembros?

You will find that in the Gospels Christ said, "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of Hell." That was said to people who did not like His preaching. It is not really to my mind quite the best tone, and there are a great many of these things about Hell. There is, of course, the familiar text about the sin against the Holy Ghost: "Whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven him neither in this World nor in the world to come." That text has caused an unspeakable amount of misery in the world, for all sorts of people have imagined that they have committed the sin against the Holy Ghost, and thought that it would not be forgiven them either in this world or in the world to come. I really do not think that a person with a proper degree of kindliness in his nature would have put fears and terrors of that sort into the world.

Science is natural philosophy.
Things science doesn't touch:
>epistemology
>ethics
>politics
>aesthetics
>metaphysics
>justifying inductive reasoning

can you scientifically verify this post?

>>metaphysics
>>justifying inductive reasoning
These two are the only subjects on that list that are actually worth anything to be fair
You may as well lump in religious studies and anthropology with the rest

>tfw to intelligent for water retention

ayy lmao

>Ethics aren't important
psst, nothing personell kid

It's true

>tfw to smart for philosophy

Nice triple bait

knowledge obtained using the scientific method relies on logical principles. logic is a branch of philosophy, centered around determining truths from combinations of abstract information nodes. you can't have the scientific method without philosophy.

>baseless assertions should have no place in society.
Can't make science without math.

what is the basis of your assertion?

Logic is mathematics.

>tfw to smart to survive

>an unfalsifiable set of rules determining what "right" is, based on the assumption that "right" exists despite only arising due to linguistic constructs and otherwise based on nothing
Ethics is literally just the thinking man's religion

And mathematics is religion

Most philosophy is dull as fuck and pretentious beyond belief tbqh.

wut

FUCKING NOMOS, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SUNLIGHT

BEHOLD A REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mathematics is literally just a bunch of abstract axioms you mong.

The only axiom mathematics holds is that reality can be described.

Are you serial?

A mathematician that posits universal axioms would be a horrible mathematician.
Theoretical Mathematics is literally about the exploration of systems that either do not or cannot exist in our reality and this requires the assumptions of function that are base truths about the theoretical reality.
This does not mean that mathematics itself holds these axioms to universally hold true.

Are you an undergrad or just trolling?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems

science is solely baseless assertions
society is irrelevant