Thoughts on suicide?

What are your thoughts on suicide, moral implications, philosphical, or otherwise

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation#Laws_in_individual_jurisdictions_.28table.29
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Committing suicide
digitalcommons.law.villanova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1823&context=vlr
youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
lostallhope.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's the basic freedom of all living subjects.

people can do what they want, I don't care beyond being sad if it's someone I care about

>What are your thoughts on suicide
Daily.

Assisted suicide should be legal for everyone over age 18. Or atleast give people easily obtainable nembutal so they can get out of this shithole country.

It's scary. I could not do it.

Serious question: I'm a registered organ donor and suicidal, what is the best way to an hero while leaving most organs intact?

I was thinking about calling an ambulance and shooting myself in the head with 00 buckshot when the emt arrive. Could that work?

Well they definitely wouldn't want your brain so you're on the right track.

That burn

It's great.

add a few years and that's me except without the "cake" because my mom doesn't care anymore

Start working out, I guarantee you'll shake the suicidal thoughts

Might as well jump. Jump!
Might as well jump.
Go ahead, and jump. Jump!
Go ahead, and jump.

It's a serious public health problem among young men around the age of 20-25 since they're the biggest group committing suicide yet the hardest one to detect they're suicidal.

Do whatever you want.
IMO if you are tired of living your life try living for something greater than yourself. And vice versa
I was hopeless and wanted to kms for a while, I had actually already been living for something greater than myself for a long time and there is pretty much no hope. I had a psuedo near-death experience the first time I tried dmt and that convinced me that I do not want to die no matter how bad it gets. So I now live for myself, my self intrest just happens to be altruistic. I still have suicidal ideation often but I have no desire to off my self.

I think it's funny that they make it illegal in a lot of places.

What the fuck are you gonna do? Arrest my corpse?

On the one hand, I believe everyone should be able to do whatever they wish to their body.

But on the other, I realize that depression and other mental illnesses heavily cloud people's judgements and should not be allowed to commit suicide, since it's quite likely possible to treat the illness.

Depression is not 100% exclusive to mental illness. Sometimes it truly is the best option.

Lost my brother to suicide

Theyre gonna arrest you for trying it.

Not if you're smart about it, plan, and keep your mouth shut.

Growing up my mom was a social worker at a massive Massachusetts Hospital and she worked for retirement communities and nursing homes. It's fucking barbaric the way we let some people suffer, how they beg for death but the living force them to go on because of muh feefees. Often quality of life is far more important than length of life, and I think a lot of people in the medical community are starting to think that way. That being said, there still need to be guidelines in order to keep people safe.

The legislation surrounding it is pretty interesting stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation#Laws_in_individual_jurisdictions_.28table.29
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Committing suicide
digitalcommons.law.villanova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1823&context=vlr

seek medical help

youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo

A similar thing happened in House M.D., the dude hanged himself, as it would cause the least damage to the organs. I'd still say you could help more people by being alive, but if you really want it, drop from a big height when you're hanging, so you snap your neck instead of asfixiating.

A hundred times this. Got back to pumping it up, and there's no such high as beating another personnal record. Also, that feeling of the muscles being ripped to shit... for all the fat fucks over here, imagine a 24 hour long orgasm.

suicide is impossible, you force a slide to your next life in the next dimension.
if your life sucks bad enough then go for it reroll i give a shit. most likely the next dimension will be so close you wont even notice you did it the next day. also meaning there's no escape from here witch is what you truly want , but you will never get off the wheel that easy.

Hanging perhaps. Would keep the most blood in your body. Just make sure you don't eat a while before so you don't shit yourself.

Why do so many religions and philosophies tell you that suicide is bad?

Is not profitable for your belief that your subjects just kill themselves when things get rough.

Inert gas asphyxiation is the way to go, my man.

Lack of oxygen would fuck everything up.

For organ transplant to the host must still be alive during the removal, brain dead is fine but you can't blow your brains out and be found 20 minutes later, organs start dying.

>The Romans [...] fully approved of what might be termed "patriotic suicide"; death, in other words, as an alternative to dishonor. [...]

AKA you can't say I'm a quiter if I quit on life.

I disagree they can move out of their country if they don't like it or seek help

Don't do it man or girl I don't care just seek help please, there's a lot to live just don't give up

Don't do it man or girl I don't care just seek help please, there's a lot to live just don't give up

Sorry man

I am going to take a shotgun loaded with buckshot, put the barrel in my mouth at an upward angle, and pull the trigger. My brain stem will be annhilated before I can even process the sound or the pain. I will fall unconscious immediately, all organs will shut down within 43 seconds. Virtually instantaneous death. It will be so nice. I just have to make my last loan payment next week so the cost doesn't go to my parents. Can't wait, I'll finally be free

I wouldn't consider myself "depressed " but I think about death and suicide everyday without fail, I can't imagine myself doing it but the idea is always there

I kinda-sorta remember this gif being posted once in a Veeky Forums thread and everyone went nuts because it hit too close to home.

Thank you for reminding me of my homeboard. It is finally time for me to start lifting again and come back home. ;_;

It's the one thing in life you literally cannot regret

For people laughing at suicide being a crime in some places; it's so that police have a legitimate reason to break into your home and stop you.

A lot of the time religious practices begin as rational teachings for survival. Burying bodies is a good way to halt the spread of disease, this is easier to swallow if you say "because souls need to be put to rest" (though this was not an implicit decision, just the way things turned out; "I got sick after being around dad's rotting corpse, maybe we should get rid of it")

That being said, suicide is not recommended as it lowers the survival chance of the community (an able body is lost) and thus it is easier to say that your soul will be condemned to hell for the act

It is terrifying.

I consider killing myself every day, and then when I eventually am able to round up the fortitude not to, I reflect on the last several hours that I just lived through and invariably I always come away with the same realization.

Suicidal tendencies, urges, and the act of suicide is not depression, do not get the two confused. Yes, you can absolutely be depressed and suicidal but they aren't mutual inclusive. I've been this way since I was in my mid-teens, with the feelings getting considerably worse of the last decade. Every day is a burden that gets just the slightest bit heavier to bear.

It is because of this that when I think on my suicidal urges that I realize that there will be a day where I do kill myself, it is an inevitability. Either because the emotional weight and mental duress is too much, or I simply cannot talk myself out of it this time.

The whole experience of petering on the edge of literally dying and then dragging oneself back is bizarre, but the single most otherworldly sensation is the lack of comfort. I do not want to die. I really don't. Yet I also know that my death by my own hand is an inevitability.

Most people can't accept death, or don't think about it in order to avoid an existential crisis. Some can and find comfort in its existence. But I cannot. I think that this is because I know I should not be plagued with such intense morbid urges, but I am.

It hurts me knowing that one day, someone absolutely apathetic is going to tell my family that I'm dead. It hurts me knowing that even if I leave a note explaining why I've done this to myself, that I cannot say anything that will put them at ease. Simply because I will not have been at ease in my passing.

I feel trapped in my own body, and that my actions are not my own. That when I do die, it will not be a suicide but a murder.

Aren't there some countries where if you suicide your family is fined or punished?

I want to say the Philippines.

And China, but that was probably political killings and not suicides that I'm thinking of.

damn I can empathize. I feel the same way sometimes, especially the inevitability of it part.

>thoughts on suicide?

Quite often, thanks

It will be the culmination of my life, so of course I intend to design it.

Veeky Forums + Veeky Forums + /out/ with a little Veeky Forums sprinkled in is the Ubermensch's board combo.

lostallhope.com/

A pretty good website for information on how to do it, what might be what makes people do it, what you could try to do if you have doubts about doing it, and statistics

Same here, there's not a day that goes by without thoughts of suicide. Mostly when and how.

The only thing lifting did for me was make me spend more time in the bathroom because I can't pee without feeling the need to strip and stare at myself in the mirror for a few minutes.

Pic related.

Fucked up.

Is suicide a surge of willpower or a lack thereof?

Premeditated suicide is perhaps the most willful thing you can do, as an organism, because the will required to surpass your own body's will to live is supreme.

Impulsive suicide because of poor impulse-control or long-term planning abilities is obviously a lack of willpower, however.

Completely opposed, no right thinking human being would ever commit suicide - it is always a result of mental illness or depression. Someone who is mentally ill does not have the authority to take their own life, nor have anyone else help or enable them in doing so.