Tell me about Buffalo Soldiers

Tell me about Buffalo Soldiers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3TE3WYUVj4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They were fighting on arrival

And fighting for survival thats all I know

They were soldiers from Buffalo

A lot of them became cowboys when they retired.

A lot of others remained in the Army to hunt and track Injuns too.

Absolutely based. Usually used as expendable shock troops, but also used as park rangers back when the national parks were run by the army. 23 medals of honor during the Indian Wars.
Usually a cut above white American soldiers desu. Average white enlisted man was someone fresh off the boat, or couldn't hack it in civilian life, or was just looking for a free train ticket out west. But the army to a black man was one of very few places where he could get steady pay, opportunities for advancement, and could express masculinity without getting lynched.

The US Army between 1865 and 1898 is absolutely fascinating. Required reading: 40 Miles a Day on Beans and Hay by Don Rickey
The Old Army by Coffman

Cool tbqh

YO YO YO

Stolen from Africa, brought to America

probably the best cavalry regiment in the US army in the late 19th century.

10/10 post.

certainly more disciplined than the average white trooper and they all spoke English, which was also something other regiments didn't have.

I'm thinking about doing a report on Indian Wars. Any controversial figures or events during that time? I'm looking at "The Earth is Weeping" and Utley's "Indian Wars"

They were stolen from Africa and brought to America, apparently.

Well, since nobody said this yet

>WE WUZ UNION SOLDIERS AN SHIET?

you felt the need to make yourself a fool?

They were driven from the mainland to the heart of the Caribbean.

>being a retarded we wuzzer and not getting in on posting song lyrics

Bahn een Amerdeeka

I'm assuming from the lack of /pol/lack chimpouts that this is true, thanks for the recommendations user!

Real talk, were they called Buffalo Soldiers because of their curly hair or because they were as tough as buffalo?

stolen from afreeka
brot to amereeka

woe yoy yoy yo yo yo woy yo woe yoy yoy

They were no were near as skilled or disciplined as the average white soldier

stop these liberal myths

Stupid as cows I think

They were supposedly the best soldiers in the US army in the 19th century

yet somehow Europe literally conquered all of Africa and Africa never achieved any great military success

but yeah your right

>Comparing a modernized army with technological advantage to...undisciplined iron age warlords
lol how asshurt do you have to be to never give credit even where credit is due.

credit due, if blacks are naturally superior soldiers they should of beat the europeans

No one said they were naturally superior though?
Keep ravaging that strawman like a pit bull with rabies though.

so why were they better than the white soldiers then?like you claimed

Anonymous is more than 1 person.
And there is a difference between saying a group of soldiers being better than their white contemporaries (what was actually claimed) and "blacks are superior soldiers"
You type like a child and have awful reading comprehension. Stay in school and get off of /pol/, clearly you can't handle it mentally.

so again

why were they better?

The left always loves to praise blacks over whites

I don't know, ask that user. I was just calling out the strawman.
And then there is another one after I literally just pointed it out.

Because like he said the military for whites is a last resort/desperate choice back then. For blacks it was the only line they had to get a decent pay, good treatment much better then elsewhere as a worker. It's the same reason why native colonial soldiers were fierce as fuck and very dedicated to the colony.

A comparison can be made here with the janissaries of the Ottoman Empire. And they were white so our friend here should like them.

>They were fighting on arrival
>And fighting for survival
>Stolen from Africa, brought to America
>They were driven from the mainland to the heart of the Caribbean.
>woe yoy yoy yo yo yo woy yo woe yoy yoy
10/10 would kill redskins for whitey again

>why were they better?
-lower desertion rate
-better discipline
-didn't eat their horses
-all spoke English

remember about half the white troopers were fresh off the boat wops.

If you know your history....
Then you will know where we're coming from.

T. Known Boss

Despised by Native Americans who routinely protest thier parades and museum. When it became fashionable recently to depict the Confederate flag as a hate symbol and its use on vanitly license plates in Texas was protested, Native Americans did the same to the Buffalo Soldier plates.

They also serve as an example that a race only one generation removed from its own subjugation is still perfectly willing to subjugate others, and whatever that says about human nature.

The myth of thier name being bestowed as somehow honorific by Native Americans is also very contentious.

The Earth is Weeping is good. Like said it's a very interesting period of military history. The Indian Wars in general are as well. Even further back starting with the War of 1812, the invasion of Canada was done with militia because the actual American military was on the frontier and that would more or less be the case for the entire 19th century.

Military service was also an alternative to imprisonment for youthful offenders of petty crimes.

Buffalo Soldiers of the 10th Cavalry were also primarily responsible for the mass killing of buffalo in the lands of the Kiowa, which is ironic since the modern depiction of Buffalo Soldiers is often one of conversationalists due to their role in the early National Park system.

The 4th Cavalry hunted down the Comanche and Cheyenne in Texas, where they stampeded all the tribe's horses and mules into a canyon and slaughtered them. They then destroyed the winter food caches and shelter as the Indians fled, then harried them all winter until the surrendered at Ft Still, Oklahoma.

There are accounts from 1890 in which Buffalo Soldiers refer to Native Americans as "voodoo niggers." This is the same year that they took park in the massacre of women and children at Wounded Knee, where two members of the 9th Cav earned Medals of Honor.

>voodoo niggers
I always find the use of insert X niggers,interesting. Particularly when used enthusiastically by blacks, for example: sand niggers. It does say a lot about humanity.

Give evidence faggot. Until you do, you are just a buttblasted stormweenie.

Wasn't there also a period of time where if you didn't have a job they trumped up charges to put you in jail and you did prison labour for free or join the military?

Would be interesting if in the future it becomes a curse word and not specific to blacks.

not having a job was the crime

It will always be tied to blacks because x nigger is comparing the target to a nigger.

There was a Comanche chief named "Old Nigger Horse," so it existed somewhat outside of that specific connotation.

Not him but there is something of a white-washing (for lack of a better term) of the role of whites in the Indian Wars. The Routledge Handbook of the History of Race and the American Military even refers to it as a "multicultural fantasy" and makes a case by comparing the numerous statues of black soldiers at western forts compared to the "almost total absence of statuary commemorating the service of white soldiers in the West."

Nappy hair, dark color, wide nose.

>the 4th Cavalry hunted down the Comanche and Cheyenne in Texas, where they stampeded all the tribe's horses and mules into a canyon and slaughtered them. They then destroyed the winter food caches and shelter as the Indians fled, then harried them all winter until the surrendered at Ft Still, Oklahoma.

The Comanche deserved all of that and more.

What you got ain't nothing new, this country is hard on people. You can't stop what's coming, it aint all waiting on you. That's vanity.

The Comanche were fucking evil and deserved everything they got

Raping, torturing, murdering psychopaths who delighted in suffering and torment

what would you suggest they have done instead

Try this app I use called Issuu
Thousand of free mags & books. I recomend

One of them had guns and one of them did not
One of them faced maxim guns and one of them did not
baka

Not stolen.
Sold by their black brothers to white men for money

>One of them had guns and one of them did not
meme
plenty of africans had guns by that point

Weren't these guys actually one of the most brutal regiments towards Native Americans?

Some shitty muskets can only do so much. Your point still stands.

Not acting like Orcs?

About as meaningful as "I know plenty of jews with horrible nose hair"

Why not
What's in it for them

Probably. Just like the Irish led race riots against blacks, just like conservative women hate each other, just like what Malcolm X said about the "house negro": youtube.com/watch?v=3TE3WYUVj4U

Not being genocided by people who don't like Orcs?

Funny fact no matter what natives did they were gonna be attacked and shat on hard. It's been known that natives who did take the peaceful path got shat on, relocated to shitty places, then relocated again or when they happen to compete with the same resources as whites the state woudl favour whites 100% and white citizens doing fucked up things to remove natives from competing.

Like what are you supposed to do when settlers come in trying to take up your land? Everyone knows once settlers reach a certain threshold they'll takeover. Ffs in South Africa the Brits were going to do this to the Boer states by sending a fuckton of British immigrants there, getting those immigrants who didn't have voting in those boer states voting rights then what a coincidence the majority of people who can vote in that Boer republic (Orange Free State or Traansval) are Britsh immigrants who came for the gold rush.

Guess what happens next? Those immigrants will bitch then all vote in some referdum to make that Boer state join British South Africa and bam you lost sovereignty due to some (putting it lightly) Uitlanders. However in reality Britain just invaded the Boer states due to reasons that were pretty much flimsy as hell.

That would have happened anyways.

The Comanche were monsters long before white settlers arrived in North America. But by all means, continue to try and justify the rape and murder of women and children.

Most native american tribes were, to some extent, "monstrous". And of course, so were Europeans.
Really now, you've got a lot of pointing to do if you're looking for people you disapprove of in the 19th century backwards.

Why should they when the world is invading? Every defending should and does the same.

To be fair, they were pretty violent by north american standards. But hey, empire building is usually violent. North American tribes weren't static, they were developing with the same logic as european powers of previous decades, though at a slower rate.