Oblivion is objectively worse than hell

Imagine being knocked out by someone with chloroform or whatever, and then, unknowingly, being taken and strapped down on the ground. Afterwards, you are drugged every now and then so that you never wake up. You are not dead, but everything has taken away from you, and you have been taken away from everything and unless you are dreaming (which a dead person can't) you won't feel anything. This is why the "but you don't suffer!" argument is absurd, anyone who actually uses this argument must have a really shitty life.

So what about hell? You will actually be conscious in your stay there, and not alone either. If we go by any religion's definition of hell, pretty much anyone you know will be there, and all the cool people like Hitler and Genghis Khan will be there as well. Sure, you will burn for eternity but you'll probably get used to it in a relatively short time of your stay. You have more in hell than you would have in oblivion, and more to potentially gain, at the price of being tortured by demons.

Gengis Khan is feasting in Valhalla though. Only cowardly beta cucks go to hell, heroes go to Odin's hall and live forever.

Heaven sounds boring as fuck. What do you do for eternity, pray?

Your being constantly fulfilled by an infinite God. If you thinking eating, sleeping and fucking will entertain someone for eternity your extremely unenlightened.

>Your being constantly fulfilled by an infinite God

What does that even mean?

fulĖˆfilled adjective
(of a person) satisfied, having achieved everything he or she needs to have and to do.
God provides everything you need and want by filling you with his presence.

So you're eating Gods salty load for eternity. Nah bro I'm good with the the time here on earth.

>my vocabulary is so bad I don't know what "fullfulment" means
Fedora the explora everyone.

So you just kind of hang out and do nothing for eternity?

I like you!

so sleep sounds worse than being tortured for eternity?

To fedoras, yes.

Atheist here and just woke up from a nap.

The point is that you never wake up from it, and is thus torn from everything you ever had with no chance of regaining it or gaining anything new.

Fedoras tend to sugarcoat oblivion quite a lot.

Do you experience fear every time you're sleeping?

If I'm in oblivion I won't care anymore

>anyone who actually uses this argument must have a really shitty life
So you're saying its valid if your "life" is shitty? Then OBVIOUSLY burning in hell is shitty, and therefore oblivion is better. Same idea behind suicide

Satisfied would imply that people feel it, which they don't

>no chance of regaining it or gaining anything new
You mean just like hell? except now you're suffering? You're retarded

I think he was asking how god "fulfills" you in heaven

Maybe he will meet his family in hell and they'll both be together experiencing torture for eternity. That probably sounds better to OP.

>implying

Pretty sure he meant what does fulfillment entail and why do we recieve it or atleast thats what i would like to know do you just feel good? There is no desire for anything? Then are we not robbed of being a human (not saying its a good thing) and live in a world where adam and eve didnt get tricked into the whole knowledge thing. No thoughts no criticisms forever in the blissful world of feeling okay?

Skyrim >>> Oblivion

kek

The concept of hell was invented to scare people into visiting and, most importantly, donate to church every sunday.

No

Yes

You seem to act like nothingness is something that someone experiences. There's no continuity of memory, there's no memory at all of it. This happens all the time with coma patients, they are so damn surprised when they find out how long they were unconscious, in the same way that you don't remember the hours of lying in bed every night. It all happens instantaneously. It's just over, you're dead essentially, if no dreams occur, your body just hasn't caught up to the mind yet.

>The point is that you never wake up from it, and is thus torn from everything you ever had with no chance of regaining it or gaining anything new.

How is that any different than plain old Death?

>Your being constantly fulfilled by an infinite God

So going to Heaven means you get fucked by a bearded bara daddy for Eternity? Sounds kind of hot, desu

What kind of a fucking idiot thinks to himself "sleep is worse than eternal anguish"?

You'll be first in line for the beta testing of the new world and the beings that would inhabit it. More than likely to die in a purge after he fuxked up agan

is this fo real

i just want to stop existing when i die, is it so hard?

>your extremely unenlightened.
>your