French empire

>French empire
>brings Christianity, missionaries, builds schools, hospitals, brings education, culture and prosperity to their colonies, makes effort to integrate colonial people into their national identity and culture and improve their quality of living and education

>British empire
>steals natural resources, spices, imposes a bunch of tariffs, and fucks off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upVw7L_Fyss&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Name one former French colony that's not shit-tier.

The former French colonies are literally the worst places in the world right now, and they bare a lot of responsibility for that. Especially Haiti.

20% Muslim

Algeria, Tunis, Lebanon, Syria (before the war),

Also Nigeria is doing really well economically

Mahe, Pondicherry, they are the better cities in India, fairly clean and well maintained

> Syria (before the war),

Syria is literally the worst place in the world right now, you can't just say "before the war".

Ex-British colonies: USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, Malaysia

Ex-French colonies: Libya, Gabon, Mali, Haiti, Vietnam

You guys just suck at running colonies. Leave it to your dear friends across the channel.

Go suck a baguette user

Syria was awesome before the war. Obama had to fuck secularism in the ass.

>Libya
>French colony

Anglocuck education

Why are Empirelets so obsessed with proving their worth? Why can't you just accept your meme empire was an irrelevant footnote that is rightfully resigned to the dustbin of history?

>Algeria
>Tunis
>Lebanon
>Syria

mahe and pondicherry are irrelevent even in their own fucking states. They are tourist destinations and as such are welll maintained you dumbass baguette.

Shimla and Darjeeling were british tourist spots and they are just as well maintained as pondicherry or mahe.

The British did the same as the French to British colonists (Canada, Australia, 13 Colonies, New Zealand)

Nigeria was British

Catholics aren't Christian

Jesus Christ you post is so full of bullshit it's like tripping face first into a cows asshole.

Nigeria was British you pleb

Name one good French colony. You can't.

t. Vietnamese

Name one former British colony that's not shit tier where they didn't kill all the locals to put white people. (Singapour is a meme)

Hong Kong, Malaysia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei, Cyprus, Malta. Even former colonies in poor places like Jordan, Botswana, Tanzania and Namibia fair a lot better then their neighbours.

Forgot to add Mauritius as well

>British Empire
>Genocide locals and replace them with whites in four colonies
>Ends up with four successful colonies (out of over 200 but still)

>French Empire
>Try to educate brown locals instead of replacing them with whites
>Ends up with zero successful colony

Reality is racist

>Hong Kong, Malaysia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei, Cyprus, Malta
So either micro-states or oilnigger countries that'll collapse in 50 years?
And btw, Malaysia is a shithole

>Even former colonies in poor places like Jordan, Botswana, Tanzania and Namibia fair a lot better then their neighbours.
"My shit stinks slightly less foul than yours I reckon, definitly gonna eat it"

Cambodia > Burma
Syria > Iraq
Algeria > Egypt
Djibouti > Somalia
Gabon > Nigeria
Madagascar > Zimbabwe

French colonies always turn out significantly better than British ones. All the worst war-torn genocide-ridden shitholes in the world are ex-British.

Tied with the British colonies know as Iraq and Somalia

>French colonies always turn out significantly better than British ones

Explain Haiti

You forgot

Corsica > Malta
If they're gonna count European colonies, two can play that game

Didnt remain French long enough

Countries that got independence from France too early became utter shitholes (Haiti)
Countries that got independence from Britain too early became superpowers (USA)

It mean that British influence is something you should escape while French one is something you shouls cherish

What's to explain? Haiti is made of imported black slaves who revolted and killed their masters, France made sure it would remain a shithole.

Also

England > Ireland

So what's the french equivalent of India in terms of economic output or average stable state?

Seriously? Even most of French Africa has a higher GDP per capita than India.

and they all have oil.

>per capita comparisons are alright when it shows french colonies in a better light, but not when it shows british ones.

Compare your average British former colony to any other nations former colony.

What a stupid fucking thread

So French colonies DONT always turn out significantly better than British ones(Haiti)

But some British colonies turn out significantly better than french ones (USA)???

I think its time to re-assess your opinions

said no one ever, lmao

Face it when comparing similar countries French colonies always fare better. All the memeing about muh British Empire is based on "hurr Canada is better than the Congo", yeah no shit all the natives were wiped out and replaced with Europeans.

Congo was Belgian

Moron

>similar countries
The french never held any place as populous as India dumbass.

All those African French colonies have significant oil deposits or other natural resources to raise their per capita income. Their economies are largely about extracting mineral resources for the most part and selling it on the market instead of industrializing on their own.

And none of those states has been as stable as India either,

You wonder in which French ex colony are toilets and cemeteries banned? None

India is objectively the worst shithole on Earth

Are you seriously too autistic to understand what I just explained?

If you want to compare colonies in similar situations in the Carribbean, it's the same as always:

Martinique > Barbados

There's a French Congo.

The average British colony is an utter shithole
USA, Canada, Australia and NZ arent the norm, they're the exceptions
Four out of over 200 ex-colonies are successful

On average, the European country with the best ex-colonies is Spain

>All these people implying Japan wasn't best coloniser and today it's colonies are all very successful

>one guy's travelogue means that India is the worst.

Yeah, it's not like every other french colony has civil wars and mass killings as part of their governmental cycle.

Where the fuck is your average french colony's space program or petroleum refining industry or large scale cellphone penetration?

Where is your average french colony's growth in the current year?

I guess the rule of thumb is 100+ years.

>has civil wars
*doesn't have civil wars.

Which is why I left the poo in loos out of my comparisons, since there are no equivalent French colonies. And I did you a favour by not bringing them up, yet you seem to insist on doing so anyway.

And if you look at my comparisons you'll find that neither Madagascar nor Djibouti have oil, while both Gabon and Nigeria do, so once again I compared the comparable.

civil wars and mass killings

Sudan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Egypt, Pakistan, Iraq... are not French colonies. The only French colony that's as fucked as the typical British colony right now is Syria, because of the Anglo-American faggotry in Iraq which spread over the border.

because you are a cherrypicking faguette.

None of your french colonies were worthwhile or will be worthwhile in the short to medium term.

Djibouti and Madagascar have far lower GDP per capita than India.

The french colonies that do have higher GDPs are awash in hydrocarbons that sell on the open market. Their economy is in shambles, their higher education and technological expertise is nonexistent and their industrial output is laughable.

They are just glorified oil depots.

It's kinda funny how french colonies also have a history of french interventionism as well and countries with relatively poorly developed militaries compared to british ones.

>pooland is better than the shittiest parts of Africa!
Lmao, that's great Pajeet.

France maintains geopolitical influence which Britain has chosen to abandon.

Being this delusional

kek

>abloobloo, don't compare French hydrocarbon rich colonies with british ones, that's cheating

I compared the "shittiest place on earth" to the worst french colonies.

what influence?
Are you going to say francophone africa is going to make france more relevant in the future?

Bullshit
I'm French and this thread is full of shit
The average French colony is a shithole, there's no denying it
That being said, so is the average British colony
Only Spanish colonies are okay (=/= good) on average

Yes
Because pic related

You compared a country that's supposed to be one of the world's great civilisations to literal ooga boogas, and you still lost.

So this is the power of British colonialism.

France maintains military presence and economic interests in most of its colonies.

>india is the shittiest place on earth and every french colony is better than it.
>gets proved wrong on nearly every level
>proceeds to shitpost.
Some high level of discourse.

>I'm French and I suck dicks

No surprise here.

>Where the fuck is your average french colony's space program

Well, actually...

youtube.com/watch?v=upVw7L_Fyss&

And britain left it's colonies in a relatively stable state without having to waste manpower and resources to preserve the status quo.

>most english colonies are shit.
Now why don't we compare them by population size instead of number of countries eh?

I never said India was the shittiest place on Earth, and you being this proud of it being about average by African nigger standards is hilarious.

pretty neat.
everyone starts from relatively humble beginnings.

>I was merely pretending
ok pierre. Now go back and eat a lot of garlic.

It seems lots are discussing the colonies which Britain and France held for less then 100 years. Japan transformed Korea, bringing it modernity and urbanisation, it developed Taiwan and even brought important development to its tiny pacific island colonies. Japan was considerably better then France or Britain.

>there is only one person in this thread

I'm the one who called India the worst place on earth (which it is), not the guy you replied to

sure.

>French colonies always turn out significantly better than British ones.

Name one that's better than Australia

Quebec :^)

Australia and New zealand lmoa

England.

Spain did better on average
Most British colonies are shitholes

Try to be a little more subtle next time.

>Irrelevant
It might honestly be worth noting you're an idiot.

Holy shit this was fucking retarded

Kenya didnt do too badly and neither did Ghana
>>brings Christianity, missionaries, builds schools, hospitals, brings education, culture and prosperity to their colonies, makes effort to integrate colonial people into their national identity and culture and improve their quality of living and education

britain did all that as well, and the french were every bit as economically exploitative as the british.

with the added horror that they devastated several of their former colonies in brutal and ultimately futile struggles to retain colonies, the fighting liberally scattered with war crimes and torture, notably the algerian war and the french vietnamese war

>Spain did better on average
sain genocided the majority of natives then had the colonists with british aid declare independence in the early and mid 19th century, most of britains colonial failures came because the british were compelled to leave before the colonies were really ready for democracy

not really, its more than when britain does intervene shit gets sorted, as in sierra leone where british intervention decisively ended the civil war in a short campaign and stability has been the case since, french interventions tend not to get the job done so well that and french colonies tend to be more politically unstable

>I'm the one who called India the worst place on earth (which it is)

t. never been anywhere

India was significantly better than a lot of the parts of China I visited when I was travelling. It has some very bad parts in the larger cities, but that's not representative of the vast majority of the country. It's like me saying that pic related is what all of China is like. It's not. It's disingenuous to imply that it is.

Most "undeveloped" countries are on a similar level when it comes to their bad areas.

>brings Christianity, missionaries,
This was a mistake, they brought the most pleb tier religion to locals.

H A I T I
A
I
T
I

At least Anglos can read and do try grade algebra

I meant 6th. Phone

You forgot all the polynesian and pacific states that are currently irrelevant now.
Seriously, kinda sucks how all the independent pacific states are doing terrible, yet french polynesia is still doing well.

where did you got this claims from? This is shitposting m8, go back to /pol/ or wherever you come from.

French Polynesia has french money.

Most of them aren't really that into it.
You know how Czechs were never really into their Christianity? Same thing but add Islam to it since many families>ritish were compelled to leave before the colonies were really ready for democracy

They left because the colonies were to expensive and dealing withvcolony agitation would ruin their bottom line. Also being "ready" for democracy is a complete cancerous bullshit meme because it's such a vague criteria that you can infinitely delay all you want.

Alright

Lel nice meme every South American and Central American country is a shithole execpt Panama and Santiago the capital of Chile.
t. Argentinean

Still better than the average British colony
See HDI maps here

Nice cherrypicking, Nigel

you :3

And every single one of those colonies started going down hill as soon as France fucked off.

Catholics are Christian

>Cambodia > Burma
Was gonna argue this one because of Pol Pot's autism, then I remembered Myanmar's endless civil wars.

You are very blatantly ignoring the settler colonies of Britain though, which far surpass those of the French (though to be fair, one of your best settler colonies was also taken over by the British)

England was a French settler colony

Wonderful post