German autism

Germany

Conflicting capitalist interests

/thread

that one serbian guy started the initial shitflinging but germany escalated it

NOT GERMANY

Nationalism and affiliations.

Imperialism.

If Germany came together as one nation earlier like UK or France did, would WWI have occurred?

Changing balances of power pushed over the edge by Germany (and Austria).

Autism

Nationalism played a big part, imperialism also set the stage for the opposing parties. Rudimentary diplomatic channels also played a part. The lack of an organization like the UN where disputing parties could come together and diffuse potentially dangerous disputes. Bilateral requests for arbitration rarely have the same tranquilizing effect as putting a dispute before an entire assembly of nations where the danger of being seen as an aggressor is more acute.

Nationalism and imperialism

Germany should be wiped off the face of the earth.

P.S. And WWI 2.0 ruined nationalism and caused the cuckening of the white race.

Large quantity of pathogens along with Eastern Realm.

The Jews.

You misspelled Austria

Churchill and the jewd

>Hey Jewd, dont make it bad...

>What caused WWI?

German and Austrial leadership thinking that a little victorious war would magically solve their internal and external problems. Problems caused by their own stupidity.

Also, thinking that anyone would just back down once they rattle their sabers.

youtube.com/watch?v=hohsP-hK1SQ

Extensive networks of alliances, treaties, and colonial expansions coupled with the rise of Germany as a paranoid, upstart nation. A war was coming and everyone knew it, it's why the Germans had an extensive army and a plan of attack right out of the gates. All that was required was someone to pull the light the fuse, fucking Serbs

no I'm pretty sure that is the correct spelling

This thread is about the 1st act of the World War.
>gotta love the butthurt reflex though
>GERMANY?
>Wah wah, poor us.

Not only this, but the war had already tried to start several times in the 20 years leading up to WWI with alliances all over the god damn place.

>A war was coming and everyone knew it

That can't be further from truth. UK, France and Russia didn't want a war and went in lengths to avoid it. France was terrified of widening gap between her and Germany. Russia was preoccupied with her own massive internal problems and UK was almost completely disinterested in European affairs.

They only persons who actually wanted war were the aristocrats in charge of Germany and Austria.

As I said, WWII was just WWI 2.0 and Germany should be wiped off the map.

Now that's some quality revisionism right here.

Militarism
Autism
Imperialism
Nationalism

>That can't be further from truth
>Entente was set up specifically for the war everyone saw coming in the 1890's
>That can't be further from the truth
You are a fucking retard.

>That can't be further from truth. UK, France and Russia didn't want a war and went in lengths to avoid it. France was terrified of widening gap between her and Germany. Russia was preoccupied with her own massive internal problems and UK was almost completely disinterested in European affairs.

You realize people can not WANT something, but realize its coming anyway, right?

That's not revisionism. No one knew that war was coming.

> do it again Blaskowitz

>UK didn't want war

LMAO

Now that's some more quality revisionism right here.

Then why was everyone acting as if it was?

there's 3 possibilities
user is
A) retarded
B) British
C) Polish

The alliances were set up to prevent a war you dolt.

>The alliances were set up to prevent a war you dolt
The Franco-Russian Alliance was specifically set up for the Franco-German War that everyone saw coming in 1877, you lying fuck.

Most likely 2 of these are true

>the Franco-German war
>immediately after the Franco-Prussian war toppled the Second French Empire

?
???
?????

Not that dude, but it's pretty common knowledge that Germany and France didn't like each other post 1871

I'm aware of French Revanchists, but I'm puzzled by the date of 1877 being given as the prime of their power.
France wasn't really in a position to do anything about it until the 80s and 90s.

Boredom and an autistic obsession with colonialism and empire-building.

Germany and France had several war scares in the mid to late 1870s. Multiple in every decade between the Franco-Prussian War and WWI, actually. Hell, the Fashoda Crisis almost saw an Anglo-German Alliance going to war against France and Russia thanks to the Dreyfus Affair occurring at the same time.

Er re-entering public sentiment at the same time as the Fashoda Crisis*

>What caused WWI?
Serbian terrorism.

>freedom fighting
>terrorism

>Serbian terrorists in Bosnia that were controlled and funded by the Serbian government
>Freedom fighters
It was blatant irredentism on the part of Serbia.

What is killing the son of the reigning monarch going to do in your struggle for freedom?

They certainly fought freedom with that move, and any chance of peace in the 20th century, too.

Not even his son, his grand-nephew he didn't even like.

>What caused WWI?

This so very much. The lacking of Poland which created a vacuum in central Europe.

samefag

There was no vacuum. If anything, there was a power vacuum before the partitions as the Polish state was failing

the treaty of Versailles

WWI and WWII are the same war.

>NOT GERMANY

The war-hungry European powers striving for military greatness acaused the first conflict years including Germany who was amongst most war-hungry. Germany caused the second conflict which was due to unresolved terms of the first.

>STOP saying Germany didn't cause the Great Wars, it's a meme

the worst part is the the archduke is driving

Nope.
>there was a power vacuum before the partitions as the Polish state was failing
Exactly.

I wonder how many russian dicks filled that cunt.

Marxists cucks detected.

> the Polish state was failing

It was in no way failing, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a strong and stable state that was the bread basket of Europe and flush with wealth, it’s nobility lived better then kings and unlike it’s neighbors, the people weren’t subjected to continual sectarian violence.

"It is certain had we in England but a third part of their liberty,
we could not live together without cutting one another's throats."
-- Bernard O'Connor (1666–98) doctor to King Jan III Sobieski --

But the Pol-Lith-Comm was under constant pressure from the Germans and Russians (and Turks) for those very reasons and the Polish nobility was so drunk on their “Golden Liberty”, that they essentially cut their own throats and allowed their neighbors to partition them into non-existence for 120 years.

Conrad von Hötzendorf

That picture's from not-WWI user.

Conrad couldn't have done what he did without Moltke.

Some damn fool thing in the Balkans

Literally everyone knew a war was coming. From the Moroccan crises, German fears of Russia modernising, the sick man of Europe leaving a power vacuum, and the fact that France had a vendetta against Germany, EVERYONE knew a war was coming.

The sad thing is that revanchism was declining in France.

>the only guy that wants to improve the position of minorities by federalizing the empire
>lmao better kill him

Serbshits, everyone!

French revanchism, Russia's pan-Slavic ambitions, the Eternal Anglo and his struggle to keep Europe divided... the Germans were too pure for this world.

Sufferagettes

So I had an American lecturer when I spend a few months in a meme university, his course was the most interesting

Now he isn't a historian and I don't study history, I do IR, but he wrote a book looking at WW1 to debunk methods of thinking in IR

He said to me in one office hour meeting that "well they (European historians) call it a war that no one really wanted. But, clearly at some point, everyone wanted it, and for me that's the outcome of the 'July Crisis'.

Is he right?

It started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.

I would argue that it wasn't just Capitalist interests but also Imperialistic interests, perhaps to a greater extent even. The cause of WW1 was the meddling at the Balkans by Russia and Austria-Hungary.

It happened because of useless statesmen like Willy and Nicky who drove them into war.

If the Archduke wasn't killed, what would have been the next casus belli?

Probably some autistic shit like the Marco Polo Bridge Incident in China.

>he blames Capitalism
>Automatically a Marxist

Serbia

literally everyone and everything, it was a cluster fuck bomb

Assassination
Militarism
Nationalism
Alliances
Imperialism

A Serbian with a gun