HODL Thread

This is what one weak of pure HODLING looking like in the crypto world.

I haven't bought or sold anything in over a week. Just look at that growth purely from HODLING.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what are you hodling, op?

HODLing ain't shit
I just sold my DGB, bought some VTC, and boom made way more in the past hour than stagnant ass DGB would have made for me.
Bless selling high and buying low and selling high and buying low

Mah nigga

Just over here holding mostly DGB and XBY.

Picking the right coins is just as good as day trading but without the anxiety.

Why arn't you spreading some porfit? If those fucking things collapse you're fucked

You sold a mountain for a blip.

Literally my portfolio rn

Nah DGB is a sure rise until the 10th.

Pic related.

Just saying, getting in on the ground floor and going long can be very rewarding. But congratz on your short-term gains, user.

I'm thinking about sacrificing a portion of my ETH (average price I paid is 37.50, fees included) to get in on some ICOs and promising coins but so far most of my strategy has consisted of HODLing.

Even then I'll probably replenish my ETH if I do that using a portion of the gains from such investments. I won't be day trading though, just replenishing ETH if it works out.

Nice, man.

>Picking the right coins is just as good as day trading but without the anxiety.
Very true.

looking for advice:
yesterday i ran into someone i grew up with who made an investment in cryptocurrency (well, his mommy made it for him) and just made 3/4 of a million$. i remember not even a year ago everyone telling him he was gullible and wasting his time/money. ive never been on this board before, but no surprise cryptocurrency is the main discussion.
there's no excuse...I want in. any pointers/guidance will help

ever tried suckin' dick on craigslist?

Jesus christ, all you guys with a few tens of thousands portfolios are just a step away from becoming filthy rich.

You can easily add two more digits to that.

Buy as much VTR, SC,. and CLOAK as you can manage and hold, you'll be picking looking at retirement in six months tops.

Cryptocurrency is a very broad subject. Learn everything you can about it.

I'm no expert myself, and am learning every day... but lurking Veeky Forums is a good start to get a feel for things. Also, USE GOOGLE, it's a great tool and I unironically believe that people do not utilize search engines to their fullest potential (myself included, to an extent).

If you cannot find an answer to a question anywhere after an honest effort, then yeah, feel free to ask/make a thread on Veeky Forums about it.

Do your due diligence and research every coin before you invest. Do not blindly follow anyone shilling a coin. It may be a great coin, or it may be shit, you won't know until you do research/read whitepapers (Google it)/and use your critical thinking skills.

I am still a small-time player in the crypto world but I aspire to be big, and you should too.

Understand that investing is a risk, and that you should only put down what you can afford to lose. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here. Crypto is booming currently, however and your chances of making high gains are pretty good.

Also, a week in the crypto market can loom like a year in the stock market. It moves VERY fast. Keep your cool, but we aware of what's going on.

*can look like a year

there are things called shitcoins that you have to watch out for. this guy is telling you to buy garbage coins because he doesn't know better or is gambling and wants company.

stick to reputable coins. take risks sure, but a look for coins with uses that people would really pay for. some good ones I can suggest are GNT (cloud computing), ANT (blockchain business service suite), BAT (digital ad payment system), ICN (cryptocurrency financial/investment platform), you can see the pattern here is that all those coins are eth tokens. You pretty much can't go wrong with eth tokens.

There are plenty of other options out there. XMR, ETC, XRP, hell even DGB might have a strong future. Please just don't throw money at stuff like Cloak though. Even if you do make money, it'll only reinforce bad investing habits. Do your own research, read the whitepapers of these coins. Buy coins you believe have a huge future and hold them for 6 months-1 year minimum.

Most of all,
GL HF

But I already sold the VTC and went back into DGB, even lower than than what I sold the DGB for. And now the DGB went back up (a little bit)

of course i have. where do you think i got my investment capital in the first place.

but I'd like to move on tosomething that involves virtually no effort on my part.
sucking dick is strenuos man

thank you. cloak looks good to me i like it's demographic and outlook. what are your thoughts on ETH? ETH is what a basic google search will suggest as the best investment, so I was immediately put off.

What's your strategy when the market becomes bearish?

this sounds great...at the moment i have about 700 usd in general electric stock that i would like to instead invest in cryptocurrency. im sure that is pretty measly but i can afford to invest it, its just sitting there.

my intuituon would tell me, based on very limited research thus far, to invest the 700 into one place, that would experience a fast and sizeable increase. and after i profited and had more to work with, maybe try to spread some of my gains around, so i had share of a few different types, covering a couple of different variables, increasing overall chances of becoming rich??

ETH is a safe choice but its blown up with all the headlines its gotten, it is still worth picking up as long as you aren't doing it at an ATH, if you can buy a dip and hold and it's as close to a sure thing as bitcoin. ETC is where the real opportunity for growth is though as soon as ETH moves to PoS though.

from what i saw (again still trying to understand) is that ETH has big time corporation waiting in line to get in on it. which makes it sound secure and promising. cloak sounds like...well the opposite. but i won't discount the underground, dark web market's potential, because it's there and not going anywhere. they just sound like opposite...sides of th3 coin (pun intended). if I'm understanding correctly

I have no strategy yet. I will try to look into that, but if the time comes, I believe part of it will have to be learning through experience and getting a feel for a bear market.

I'm up about 11K USD from my initial investments and I started investing about 4 months ago. So yeah, I've only been in this bull market so far.

I do not plan on selling really anything at a loss and will hold through corrections unless things go terribly south. But I've observed BTC through the years, and its ability to recover from every crash gives me confidence in the crypto market.

Do you have a strategy, user? Pointers/advice?

I'm holding the majority of my capital in BTC, ETH, WAVES, in that order. Is this a bad/dumb decision?

Youre sitting on lambo preorder lad

Unless you are VERY confident in one coin, or are willing to put more capital down soon after if need be, I would diversify your investments. Even two solid looking coins is better than relying on one.

So what I would so is lurk Veeky Forums and maybe other crypto communities, and start researching the coins you feel have the greatest ROI potential. Once you've narrowed it down to maybe 3 or 4 coins, invest in those.

Since we're talking about 700, two could be acceptable, but I would probably go with 3, maybe 4 good coins.

It's safe but boring, you will definitely profit but you could make some bigger gains on some of the riskier coins.

i would make my own thread asking for advice but my fucky phone wont let me post pix on Veeky Forums at all, so i have to jump into other threads and bug you guys...
this former "friend" of mine who is boasting about his newfound riches is all over Facefuck and twatter telling everybody to invest through coinbase. he is claiming to be well on his way to being a millionaire by investing in stratus. any info on either coinbase (which is offering 10$ for every 100 invested using th3 link on dude's twitter pag3) and stratus/stratis?

all you fags with >$10k worth of coins, where do you keep them? hot wallets? desktop wallets?

To add, you should look for coins that haven't mooned/explodes in price or market cap yet, but are accumulating a good trade volume.

Always look at the charts, and review performance over long periods of time.

Here's a good resource:
coinmarketcap.com

i appreciate the advice. great first-time-posting-on-a-board experience. i think you guys have an advantage over other investors and other forums for people looking for advice. I'm glad i came and I'm gonna stick around while I'm figuring this out.

Glad to be of help. We're all motivated to succeed here and if you put in the effort you will be greatly rewarded.

Best of luck.

Best practice is to use desktop/hardware wallets for long-term holding.

I am currently storing my coins on exchanges, with most of my ETH on Coinbase. I have 2FA enabled on Coinbase and Bittrex, so I am not too worried but I am planning to move most of my funds to desktop wallets soon.

I just need to figure out which wallets I will use for which coins and how I will manage space on my desktop, which is currently very low. I also need a concrete backup solution, and figure out the staking situation for my different coins... so this will very much be a WIP.

Only surpasses the 10K mark a couple of days ago (13.1K currently), so this will be a top priority in the near future.

alright well no matter how well you protect your account from hacking, you're still putting your trust in whoever runs the exchange. i lost all my coins at Cryptsy a few years ago

Yeah, like I said, I will be moving most my funds to desktop wallets soon. That's just the current situation. May look into hardware wallets, not sure yet.

At least Coinbase is insured to an extent.

Sucks that you lost coins from Cryptsy.
How do you store your cryptos now?

Me too, not sure about which desktop wallet, as most are just BTC, ETH.
I filtered out Jaxx, Exodus to handle multicurrency, mycelium and coinomi on android (but lol holding everything on phone and have to backup...).

I found Electrum as interesting desktop but it's just BTC?

Will be moving to buy a Ledger Nano S when possible.

Advice anyone? I have a lot tied up in xvg but fuck it. What else can I buy/sell

Fuck cryptsy man. I lost quite a few coins there too. Probably worth over 100k now

Personally im just going to hold on to bat and xvg for a year. Not sure about bar and brave browser, just doing it because i believe in the dev team.

What do you think about vtr?

Holy shit, and I thought my portfolio going up 130% this week was good.

Tell me Veeky Forums
How badly did I fuck up?

Put in everything I had for the rest of the month. Hopefully going to lamboland before dying of starvation. Plz don't let me die memecoins.