What's the most retarded thing you've heard on Veeky Forums?

What's the most retarded thing you've heard on Veeky Forums?

What's the most profound?

Other urls found in this thread:

bookzz.org/book/952816/68aa80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>WW2 could be prevented if X did Y
Like seriously fuck off with that shit

>Greece "stole" from Ancient Egypt

like wtf does "steal" even mean...anybody with eyes could see that egyptian culture was completely different to the greeks

>What's the most profound?
Everything I wrote!

People with alternate reality what ifs need to be culled accordingly desu son

jesus christ that must be bait

Anytime the OP is misspelled I guarantee it's a troll thread

>like wtf does "steal" even mean
in that context, it refers to the greeks taking egyptian philosophy and political models, slapping an alpha on it, and calling it "greek."

it's annoying because people praise the shit out of greece for "inventing" all that shit, yet half of it is unattributed philosophy/theology/etc from egypt, assyria, and the rest of their neighbours. but people are too busy masturbating to their bust of plato to hear any discussion that adds nuance or acknowledges just how interconnected the ancient world really was.

what's even worse is that it's barely even touched on in schools now, and people barely know that greek, assyrian, babylonian, and egyptian humanities were all coexisting and interconnected. most people are so unequipped to even approach the discussion they're lucky if they can name anyone but greeks and romans from ancient philosophy, much less any of their actual writings

>inb4 requests for spoonfeeding resources
just look it up famalamjam. this always turns into a reference pissing contest with the "muh greeks muh golden age" faggots and I'm sick of it. punch it into google (scholar), jstor, whatever you like to use. you'll find discussions of the topic if you bother to look.

I thought I heard it all, and then I came across the "Islam talk" thread today.

1. religion of peace
2. nothing

>uk started WW2
>uk started WW2

Hon hon

It obviously is.

Too many.

Veeky Forums seriously needs a limit on the number of posts that Americans can send daily, the quality of the board would shoot up without fail. 500 posts - that's it, wait until tomorrow you fat fuck.

Most retarded is that one guy who keeps insisting that the Irish, Norse, Romans and Indians are all direct descendants of the Indo-European race because we have some very flimsy evidence they all had at least one ritual that involved a horse in some fashion.

Do you have a single source for that?

Because I'm three years into an MA in Ancient Mediterranean Civilisations and I haven't heard a single thing about Egyptian philosophy or the Egyptians having any political models other than divine kingship.

This can't be real

Must have been an underage teenager. I remember going full retard at the age of 12 sometimes too.

They did though. Nazi Germany literally did nothing wrong (at that point in time, although admittedly they were semi-openly planning expansion) when they tried to win back parts of Germany (including mug Prussia) that had been taken by the Poles, aided by cockroach Britain. If you get aggressive around a big guy and he doesn't flinch and you punch him then he slams you back, that's still your fault, even if he expected it would happen.

Oh man, as a sardinian myself I must say this is both amusing and kind of depressing.
Then again, this board is kind of /pol/-light so it doesn't surprise me to see this level of retardation.

>Sumer is as culturally related to Modern Iraq as the Han Dynasty is to the Qing Dynasty

> Nazi Germany literally did nothing wrong (at that point in time...

Sudetencrisis, Protecorate of Bohemia & Moravia and Slovakia, breaking various international treaties (Rheinland, treaties on army/naval development etc)

GTFO out /pol/

>Nazi Germany literally did nothing wrong
They literally started mass-executing POWs and civilians with their Einsatzgruppen at the first day of WW2.

Of course he doesn't, he's trying to compete for "stupidest post".

>as a sardinian myself
I appreciate that you attached a picture of yourself to the post.
t. EXTREMELY patrician venetian

So many to pick from.

For me it's a coin toss between the guy who just didn't get how the Silk Road, medieval information transfer, borders or disease transmission works, all in regards to the Black Death. Apparently everyone in Europe should have fled to that one spot in Poland that didn't have plague, while simultaneously locking down their borders, with a touch of teh joos conspiracy theory.

Or

The guy who thought that Pre-Raphaelite artwork was actually from the middle ages and the term refered to any artist working before Raphael.

>t. EXTREMELY patrician venetian
>Venetian
>Patrician
How's your smelly sewer of a city doing, Bepi?
Didn't sink yet?

OP
OP's mom's throat

I only read the first two sentences.

>most retarded threads
Ottoman revisionism / contrarian support of Islam / ww2 threads / postmodernism / dialectical materialism / Zizek / muh ROME / basically 1st year of university tier / rejects logos

>most profound threads
Scholasticism / ww1 threads / perennial philosophy / good economics threads / Spinoza / Aquinas / threads were actual research papers are posted / christian art appreciation / accepts logos

Does anyone have the screenshots from the unionist NI fag? That was pretty bad

>as a sardinian myself

It's amazing that you find time to post on the internet between one session of sheep-shagging and the other.

orientalizing revolution
bookzz.org/book/952816/68aa80

That one hurt my eyes when i read it.

Have you ever made it off island?

How many years does it take to reach France? Like 5?

A lot of that philosophy happened in Egyptian-Greek cities or Egypt after the Greek dynasty.

>They literally started mass-executing POWs and civilians with their Einsatzgruppen at the first day of WW2.
proofs?

> ww2 threads
What's wrong with WW2 threads?

that's actually a neat idea, sure, it would slow the board a bit, but the quality of posts would rise exponentially, as they'd have to put at least some thought into writing them, as not to waste their precious post limits

someone please tell Hiroshima

People who try and predict the future had certain events turned out differently.

"Durrr guys if if the Nazi had won America would have fallen to germany!"

Like there's no way of knowing so who cares.

Most retarded? Constantine claiming that Buddhists stole meditative practices from Christians.

I'm not sure what the most profound thing I've ever heard on Veeky Forums is. I've had lots of discussions that expanded my ways of thinking, but I can't remember the specific instances.

>Christian
>appreciates Spinoza

Why? His ideas of God are fundamentally incompatible with your own.

Do you guys really live in cans?

What was the best thread in the history of Veeky Forums?

thats bogus, "stealing" doesn't mean anything

Plato's philosophy was radically different than Egypt's not even including Aristotle

i remember this thread

That was actually me and I was just pretending

The original Zhukov thread will always have a place in my heart.

People unironically shilling for Protestantism.

>People must be dogmatic
wew.

kek, he obviously doesn't Bronze Age Collapse.

Not the best ones, but I remember the 2 non-shitpost Africa threads were pretty good.

I didn't say you have to be dogmatic, but he did spur an intellectual movement that was one of the many nails in the coffin of Christianity as a wide-spread societal narrative.

Not here, but there's some retard on 4+4 chan /v/ who keeps claiming that not only the Solutrean hypothesis is correct, but they mantined a distinct population from the mongoloid groups that became native americans and every single even impressive./cool precolumbian city was built by them instead of the native americans

As if they would be any less native americans themselves or as if we don't knot for a fact that tenochtitlan was built by the aztecs

>tfw never finished