Why has Europe not produced one single great spiritual leader?

Why has Europe not produced one single great spiritual leader?
>Jesus
>Buddha
>Mohammed
>Zoroaster
>Laozi
etc.... None of them are European.

Are Europeans just a more materialistic group of people, or am I missing something?

More like religion in the European world was far too laid back and cross-cultural to have some grand reform. Then Christianity happened. All of Europe's great religious minds were Christian. St Augustine is the closest thing.

Mohammed was a red headed Irish man

>who is varg vikernes
poor bait OP

The Druids presumably had such a figure, since they were an extremely powerful and organised religion by the time of Caesar, but ofc they left no records. Had he lived, Julian the Apostate would have been Europe's Laozi.

Europeans have no soul

Plato > everyone you cited.

Also forgetting Zalmoxis, Pythagoras, Orpheus, the choir of church Mystics, saints and ascetics, (many of whom are North African and middle eastern, to give each one their due).

Shall we go to the more alternative side? All medieval alchemists, the Rosicrucian movement, Jacob Boehme, Madame Blavatsky, Rudolf Steiner, Carl Jung... Yawn. Poor bait OP.

Also Empedocles and Apollonius of Tyana, both extremely influential cult figures before Christ.

Religion is retarded. Europe has instead produced great minds such as Plato, Aristotle, Hume, Kant and so on.

Nope, but I guess technically Pythagoras is European, he's the only one I'd put on par with the rest.

>being this much of a plebian

Julius Evola

Europoors are dum

Except what you call Christian theology, Islamic mysticism and Jewish Kabbalah are so many forms of rehashed Platonism.

what about... all the popes and bishops for ~2000 years?

Feel like this Thread is just some /pol/ troll trying to bait people.

But I'll take a whack.

Though Christianity is not "European based." Many of its doctrines are European. States Augustine, some may say he wasn't European because he was born in Africa, but lets get this straight right now so no one argues anymore on this thread and we can just kill this post before anyone else gets baited it.

Augustine was Algerian but his teachings are considered western philosophy across the board. Not to mention when we was born Algeria was more Roman than it had ever been. He wasn't born European but he died European, that's for sure.

Also more to look at about Christianity, Islam, ans all the others. People adapt the religion into their own culture. This is why we have indian buddah and chinese looking buddah. Same with white jesus and black jesus.

To say Any religions or spiritual leader/prophet is not created in what ever area that it is practiced is not relevant since
One.
>religion is adaptive

Two.
>religion is fantasy anyways

the saints too

Catholicism and orthodoxy have very little to do with Jesus and a lot to do with Plato and Aristotle. Christianity is the largest religion in the world, and Catholicism are the first and second largest denominations. I rest my case.

That's also my head cannon.

Europeans are just not spiritual people. Just look at the world now, most atheists/agnostics/irreligious are europeans,

>One century is representative of an entire continent with multiple nations and all of their history.
This is only true today. Europe has had other phases of religious skepticism and blasé nihilism, as well as religious fanaticism.

Most atheist/irreligious are Asian actually.

About 11% of world population identifies as atheist. Roughly 770 million. Roughly 50% of Chinese identify themselves as convinced atheists. That's about 650 million. Officially, roughly 90% of them are irreligious, I'm making a distinction between atheism and irreligiousness in China due to official reasons.

650/770 = 84% of world Atheists are Chinese.

Most great philosophers are European though. Our spiritual thought comes mostly through them.

Because in in Europe the Logos defeated the Mythos.

Those statistics are wildly inaccurate because oriental religiosity is so dissimilar from occidental religiosity and we use metrics for the latter on the former.

All the ones you listed are white except for the last guy. It seems white people are more capable of inventing shit regardless of what continent they are born in.

Plato.

What have you personally invented?

If you don't trust official statistics, then what grounds does your bullshit statement stand on? Faith?

Yeah, fuck off

Your buttpain by the looks of it.

So nothing.

>middle easterners and asians are white
kek

Elaborate on this.

WE WUZ PROPHETS N SHIET

He wasn't a spiritual guy, just a shit talker who got BTFO out by cynical dude living in a barrel.

>europeans believe(d) in thinking for themselves

Would you look at that.

Actually he was a philosopher and metaphysicist. Platonism and neoplationism can probably be considered a religion the same why Buddhism is. This being said, Platonism exist more as a metaphysical and philosophical framework other religions use than a religion in itself.

You're an American, I can feel it. I had this weird experience with Americans who are unable to comprehend that cultures, races, or basically anything don't have to fit official designations.

For example, I argued with one American who told me Pittsburgh is a part of the northeast just because it's in the state of Pennsylvania, which is primarily northeastern. My argument that the western PA / Pittsburgh area is basically the same thing culturally and demographically as eastern Ohio and West Virginia fell on deaf ears, he just sees a a fucking line on the map that divides PENNSYLVANIA and OHIO so in his mind they can't possibly be the same, and Pittsburgh has to be the same thing as Philadelphia.

Similarly, some Americans are completely unable to comprehend that you can be from Africa and not be black. In their mind, if you're a born on a continent primarily associated with niggers, then you're a nigger yourself. Their minds are wired to think that way for some absurd reason.

Buddha was described as a blue eyed man in Lakkhaṇa Sutta, and Mohammed had red hair. Whites are not uncommon in the Asian continent but you're just unable to comprehend that.

He doesn't comprehend the power of WE WUZ

t. Richard Spencer

The problem is you have Nordcucks who think they're the only Whites, and those who take a more holistic approach to Whiteness but still boil down to European Ethnicities. I agree that among the Caucasoid race, you have White Semites (Assad and syriagirl are good examples of this) and White Hamites, even if they're the minority of their population group.

This is why you won't find scientists talking about race, no-one can agree where one race begins and another ends. To one man, any Caucasoid is a white man, to another, the wogs begin at Calais!

>no-one can agree where one race begins and another ends
Yeah it's not like we have genetic science or anything that shows us white people clustering together, we only have 19th century cultural memes.

Is it one of those clusters that put Sardinians way apart from other Europeans despite looking exactly like other Southern Europeans?

Yes, genetic populations cluster next to one another. It still doesn't give "White" meaning beyond a social concepts. Granted, there is nothing wrong this. Europeans share historical, geographic, racial, cultural, linguistic and religious ties and it should be acknowledged and supported.

Europeans have largely been rooted in the tradition of materialism, logic, and more earthly endeavors all together. This was true until Christianity happened.

>materialism
No. Some Greek philosophers =/= All Europeans.

Was that before or after slaughtering for Valhalla?

Augustine was a north afrcan, though.
Maybe Aquinas, or one of the greek fathers

>largely
No. Its been minor.

I personally believe most ancient Europeans were secretly agnostic and spirituality in any real sense was not a distinctive characteristics of European people. Now the Indo-Aryan cousins of Europeans obviously did have quite the spiritual streak in them.

Ancient Europeans were superstitious and spiritual as fuck, supernatural things were as real to them as material ones. This began to disappear only in the late Roman empire worship started to become just symbolic, which is why they were so eager to adopt Christianity.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

>I personally believe most ancient Europeans were secretly agnostic and spirituality in any real sense was not a distinctive characteristics of European people.
My sides.
Let me guess, you also belived asian faiths are actually just secular philosophies, right?

It's too cold. The desert makes you hallucinate. All good religious nutters came from sand

>implying all deserts are hot
>implying deserts can only be made of sand

"When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, searching for rest. But when it finds none, it says, 'I will return to the person I came from.'

no.

>Buddha and Laozi
>From the sand

Plato. He was influential to the religion he directly started, the religion his successor started, several Greek and Roman mystery cults, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and I think Manicheism. Am I missing any others?

Laozi wasn't a religious leader in the usual sense though. He was just a highly successful philosopher, and not even the biggest influence on Taoism (or even a Taoist himself).