Christianity is hard

Christianity is hard
Wish there was a way to be christian by just owning a bible and saying you belief in Christ

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
quran.com/19/30
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's way to hard. Wish there was some way to be a Christian by just paying for it.

>still falling for the indulgence meme which was more a political tool then anything else
You sure know your history books.

B-but muh sola scriptora
anything else is heresy.

>during the western schism 1378-1401 the catholic church would deny people the sacraments unless they made a donation for the church's war against the schismatics

>b-but my just b-lieve :^)
Two can play

Thank you for acknowledging it was a political tool

>Christianity is hard

It's kind of hard to blame Luther because at the time the Catholic Church was incredibly corrupt. In hindsight the Reformation was incredibly damaging to Christianity, but at the time I'm sure he thought he was doing what was right.

Imagine actually having to follow and behave according to the holy scripture instead of saying you do.

Stating that the pope has no authoritive power over what is and what isn't christian is the main problem with protestanism.

>having to
or what?

Well the issue is when you get corrupt Popes, and there have been quite a few of them in the Catholic Churches time. What do you do when someone who has no regard for Christian doctine politics himself into the Pope? I'm sure the idea was to have no central authority to avoid the issue of getting someone who attempts to twist the faith into their own political weapon, as many Popes tried

Damnation you dingus.

You protestants sure are ill-informed.

fuck was the NT about then

Yes but it also paves the way for interpreting and doing as you see fit. Which we have seen the effect of now.

You would know if you read it. Sola Fide my ass.

I don't know why you assume I'm some kind of christian

Yeah that's why I said he didn't anticipate the disastrous effect it would have, but if you were a Christian in the 1500s and saw the state the Catholic Church was in you're be sorely pressed to put up with it too. It's not like he could see the future and predict they'd get their shit together, at the time it probably seemed like the Catholic Church was just going to get more and more corrupt til it imploded

God will make sure you will be punished for sin, keep in mind that we are ALL sinners. The bible clearly says that salvation is only gained through faith.

>Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
>lol but no faith will get you in heaven senpai what are you some goody 2 shoes lmao

500 years later cuckolics are still mad

>500 years later protestants still need to lie and smear campaign to hold their position in the world

Says nothing about salvation or going to heaven, you will get punished and rewarded IN LIFE for your actions

Why do you hate us so much? According to Catholicism you don't even have to believe in God to get a reserved seat in Heaven, thanks to your new pope.

The Pope can say whatever he wants in his interviews. As long as he doesn't try to transform his ridiculous drivel into actual canon, I don't care.

So far he has said a lot of shit, and thankfully hasn't done much.

Can I kill 6 billion Jews and still go to heaven?

>Lol you dumb protties, how are you going to agree on anything without an infallible magisterium? You need the pope to tell you what's true
>NOT EX CATHEDRA

That's not at all what Luther taught

I wish there was a way to ban you from all internet access from now till the day you hang yourself in a Denny's bathroom

Cathcucks are as bad as they are today because they compete with protestants over who can take their doctrine less seriously to appeal to lazy idiot masses.

Jokes on both of them because nothing beats progressive secularism in the zero-effort for moral righteousness department.

You shouldn't have to, because beliefs are irrelevant to the virtue of a person

>inb4 hurr beliefs are what motivates one to become good
One has righteous beliefs from doing righteous deeds, not the other way around. The good deed happens first, the desire to do good and believe in Jesus will follow after.

Those who are in the flesh are incapable of doing that which is pleasing to God. Unless ye be born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God. No one will be saved apart from the imputation of the perfect righteousness of Christ, acquired by faith alone.

Luther was just following in the tradition of pic related.

>Judaism is hard
>Wish there was a way of being saved by just believing in something, instead of actually doing anything.

What is wrong with Paul's forehead?

When you read luthers bio, it becomes clear he was a failed Ascetic who couldn't keep up with the demands.

too much water in his skull

>it's not what goes into a mans mouth which is evil, but what comes out
>Jews actually argue against this.
>the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath
>Jews actually argue against this
Wew•∞

Quick question, non-Catholic despise Peter and in favor of Paul, right?

Does Catholic despise Paul and in favor of Peter?

If Jesus followed sola scriptura like Luther then would have been a Pharisee

>Pharisees
>Sola scriptura

Do you know how I know you know nothing about the Pharisees? Have you ever heard the oft-repeated complaint on here that the Pharisees and their successors REALLY follow the Talmud and not the Torah?

Was Abraham justified while circumcised or uncircumcised?

Sadducee*

Why are you opposing the Rock?

The rock is the confession that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God

Muh 613 commandments

Peter literally means the Rock, according to Wikipedia

Thanks user, you made my day.

Fuck man, I wish we were back to the days of Nicene, where there were actual heretics like the Arians and other non-Trinitarians.
Nowadays I feel like we're at each other over the goofy details.

I tell you that you are Petros, and on this Petra I will build my church

You questioning the Gospel according to St. Wikipedia?

Christianity sucks and I'm glad it's dying out in the developed world.

Peter was given the key by Jesus.

No, the church was

>it's not what goes into a mans mouth which is evil, but what comes out
It would depend on the Jew. Breaking kosher dietary laws is in general not evil, but unclean. However, the major sins that would result in being excommunicated from Judaism are predominately all spoken offenses, like calling a Jew a slave. Ultimately, it is what goes out if a man's mouth that makes him wicked, but what goes into a man's mouth determines how pious he is
>Sabbath made for man or man for the Sabbath
I'm sure that there's Gmora and Midrash you could find that would support both statements. At least Jews actually observe the Sabbath.

Why the fuck do Christians care about laws they don't even bother following anyhow?

???

Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven...

Because Jesus came to fulfill the Mosai law, not to abolish them?

>It would depend on the Jew. Breaking kosher dietary laws is in general not evil, but unclean.

Not the guy you're responding to, but that's just wrong. Breaking the dietary laws is sinful/evil in Jusaism. Ritual cleanliness is something else entirely, and mostly centers around contact with corpses, seminal fluid, and vaginal emissions.

I could be down with stoning women who dishonor me.

Where do I sign up?

Jesus's interpretation of mosai law was quite different from the interpretation the pharisees and sadducees subscribed to. It's Christ's interpretation (if your a Christian, the Christian interpretation) which Jesus fulfilled. Not the Pharisee or sadducee interpretation.

Then why do almost all modern Jews not keep kosher?

Maybe it's like, different Jews have different doctrines or something, and I'm just speaking from my perspective.

Really ruffles my rugula.

>Then why do almost all modern Jews not keep kosher?
The same reason most western Christians are nominal Christian at best. We live in a secular society which places little importance on religion.

The thing is, it's not an interpretation.

Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

King James Bible
For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

There are some examples, like how good can be done on Sabbath day, while the Pharisees said that no work can be done on that day.

You do know that those two groups don't follow the Mosaic Law to the letter, right?

You could argue Christ's interpretation is correct, but saying that an ancient religious law which had formed over the span of many centuries and under the influence of different cultures while haveing long many different sects profess to know the correct way of practing it isn't a matter of interpretation is false.

King James Bible
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

>Then why do almost all modern Jews not keep kosher?

Because most modern Jews are not particularly observant.

>Maybe it's like, different Jews have different doctrines or something, and I'm just speaking from my perspective.

I've seen a lot of modern Jews just not give a damn. I've never heard of a modern Jew classify the dietary laws under טעמה וטהרה . Hell, most modern Jews don't even know what that is.

Matthew 5:19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The you is the apostles, that is, the church

Jesus created the law

Yes exactly, to Peter the Apostles

Matthew 5:20 ►
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Peter was an apostle who identified himself not as the head of the church but as a fellow elder

King James Bible
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

King James Bible
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

King James Bible
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Which is exactly why you need the imputed righteousness of Christ, attained by faith alone

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. (James 2:17)

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? (James 2:21-22)

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only (2:24)

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (2:26)

The apostles identify him as THE Apostles.

Sahih International: And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend.

What is availeth?

>people unironically believe in faith without works then wonder why Protestant societies have become anti-Christian secular hellholes.

Fuck off, this is a Christians thread. Use bible verses.

14. Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits.

When you go into any region and walk about in the countryside, when people take you in, eat what they serve you and heal the sick among them.

After all, what goes into your mouth will not defile you; rather, it's what comes out of your mouth that will defile you."
gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

This is more like it

[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.
quran.com/19/30

nope

Not biblical

Daily reminder

Sad deluded fool who thinks appearances matter.

God sees his black heart,and hellfire awaits.

As told by satan to a madman 600 years later.

King James Bible
For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

>It is not part of the biblical canon as used by Jews, apart from Beta Israel. Most Christian denominations and traditions may accept the Books of Enoch as having some historical or theological interest, but they generally regard the Books of Enoch as non-canonical or non-inspired.[3] It is regarded as canonical by the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church and Eritrean Orthodox Tewahedo Church, but not by any other Christian groups.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch

Yes

Matthew 10:2
These are the names of the twelve apostles: FIRST, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John....

You know how there was never "the Holy Spirit, The Father, The Son" or "The Son, Holy Spirit, the Father"? Because sequence signified their importance.

Jesus kill children

Virtue is faith in Christianity, faith is the cause of good actions. An equivalent action without faith is not virtuous.

good

retard

Gnosticism is heresy

Literally why does Jesus pick the wrong man for the job? He is the Christ for crying out loud.

Also, in that list, Paul was not mentioned.

>mormons aren't actual heretics (I don't even know what these goofballs believe)
>muslims aren't actual heretics (non-Trinitarian, non-monogamous, overall hypocritical while claiming 'true faith', idolatry yet aggression against idolatry)

King James Bible
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Peter was not head of the church
Jesus is