Is becoming Nietzsche's "superman" worth passing up a hedonistic lifestyle?

His "superman" is a bad joke.

Is Dan Blizerian the end point of philosophy?

Did Nietzsche spend his entire life just trying to make InCel seem good?

I don't think you understand what the Superman is, which by it's very definition allows a hedonistic lifestyle.

The Superman is simply a person that has recognized they are not *bound* by the conventions of assumed universal morality, destiny, values or fate. This is not to say a Superman is some anarchist asshole that can do whatever he wants because "nothing matters lol," but rather the Superman is someone who recognizes their values and goals in life are just as absolute as the assumed values and goals one must have as assigned by gods or men.

In other words, a Nietzschean Superman can pursue a hedonistic lifestyle because that is what the Superman believes is best in life, and the pooh-poohing of the Church or Society will not and shall not deviate them from that pursuit.

>Height: 5′ 9"

More like, the end point of a meter stick, amirite?

Ubermenche is about overcoming hardship. Hedonism is escaping reality.

Whatever makes you halpy dearie.

what's this guy's problem?

are these girls all paid whores? Do any of them have any genuine attraction for the man? Does this not bother him?

Yes.

>what's this guy's problem?

Noveau riche who feels obligated to flaunt his wealth.

>are these girls all paid whores?

Yes.

>Do any of them have any genuine attraction for the man?

No.

>Does this not bother him?

All people like him secretly hate themselves.

>what's this guy's problem?

He seems content, but like all of us, has a deeper dissatisfaction with life and is haunted by regrets.

>are these girls all paid whores?

Perhaps not explicitly prostitution, but certainly understanding that their paid vacation is contingent upon sex.

>Do any of them have any genuine attraction for the man?

He seems attractive, I am sure there is a physical attraction. They have not likely known each other long enough to bond on an emotional level.

>Does this not bother him?

Nope

(((Hedonistic))) '''''''lifestyle''''''''' isn't worth shit to begin with OP

Hedonism is escaping pain actually.

kek

this

hedonism must suck m8

What is Veeky Forums' opinion on true love? How does finding one single partner and maintaining a satisfying sex life compare to having multiple, temporary partners or a harem?

In this day in age is the former possible to attain? Have you witnessed it or experienced it for yourself? I'm pretty young and naive and don't feel I'm in the place to make many remarks regarding women and love.

I can't tell you which one is better, that very much depends on you. Both options are possible to attain, although the former is a little more dependent on luck than the latter - temporary partners are easy to find, but a person can go their whole life without meeting someone who they love and for whom that feeling is mutual. I much prefer the certainty of the latter option desu, but you should go for what you want, not what I or anyone else may say is better.

fuck I forgot t b h filtered to desu, I'm not a weeb I swear

~40-50 years of immense pleasure at the possible risk of an infinite amount of sufferring

I don't think any of us know the answer to that or ever will

A loyal woman who is devoted to you is superior to all the slags in the world and this is about more than sex. An adult man who is obsessed with poontang is in a state of arrested development and will never know the joys of having someone cook and clean for you not because they're being paid but because they genuinely want to help make your life better.

If you have to ask then you are not a superman. Go read "Crime and Punishment".

>the joys of having someone cook and clean for you
>b-b-but people who like sex are in le arrested development

Humans are monogamous by their nature, but not by their instincts. What that seemingly nonsensical statement means is that people (men in particular) instictually lust for multiple women, to spread their seed far and wide. However, men also have a human need for companionship, meaning having sex with a specific woman for a period of time on multiple occasion usually results in pairbonding.

Don't have any opinion on ''twue luv'' though, I remember reading from some anthropologists that in cultures and/or societies that did not have a word for love or the close equilavent of love in their vocabulary never experienced it or seemed to manifest it in other ways. That being said I guess ''true love'' is bullshit, but all the other things closely related to it, like affection, attachement, closeness, belonging, mutually expressed lust and trust are pretty neat.

In Ionia and other places, and generally in countries which are subject to the barbarians, the custom is held to be dishonourable; loves of youths share the evil repute in which philosophy and gymnastics are held because they are inimical to tyranny; for the interests of rulers require that their subjects should be poor in spirit and that there should be no strong bond of friendship or society among them, which love, above all other motives, is likely to inspire, as our Athenian tyrants-learned by experience; for the love of Aristogeiton and the constancy of Harmodius had strength which undid their power.

>loyal woman

All women are whores

>A loyal woman

Oxymoron

>not whiteknighting? must be a robot

It's 2017

It's up to you.

>denying that all women are whores
>must be le whiteknight
Reddit's that way pal

Kill yourself whore.

bump

You simply cannot be both an Ubermensch and a hedonist. It is simply not possible, likewise it's not possible to be an Ubermensch and a utilitarian or an Ubermensch and a Christian.

The Ubermensch, contrary to popular belief is not just "dude, believe what you want lmao". Although he's supposed to be a creative force Nietzsche does put forward some parameters that separate the Ubermensch from the last man. And this inalienably includes embracing suffering to the highest degree and wishing for more of it if anything rather than more pleasure, which is totally incompatible with hedonism.

>arrested development
>the joys of having someone cook and clean for you
i'm guessing 14, 18, max.

No. I had sex for the first time and it was mediocre. My onahole was better. My doujins are more intense.

Maybe its just because ive been massively depressed for almost a decade. Who knows.

indulging sexual desires is degenerate

No. Nothing really is.

>>~40-50 years of immense pleasure at the possible risk of an infinite amount of sufferring
Lets be honest though, the risk of this is about as high as all of us floating off the planet tomorrow. In other words, trivial.

If you find a philosophy that allows you to pass up hedonism, then it will definitely be worth it, because you will have found a way to not desire hedonism. If you don't desire something, you have achieved the same satisfaction as you would have if you desired something and got it, but on top of it you will have more time for the things that really matter.

all false

>>Humans are monogamous by their nature, but not by their instincts. What that seemingly nonsensical statement means is that people (men in particular) instictually lust for multiple women,
all false too

men are monogamous, but women are not, but they dream to be. and men do not want to spread their seed. men want to be rated and praised, and the woman is the best judge there is for this.
men live on their fantasy of power and merit like women live on sex and their fantasy of devotion.

>women live on sex
even worse, they live on bad sex

this. only the man needs to be loved by the girl to get hard.
women do not need to be loved by a man to be willing to be fucked by him. Only the woman is able to see sex as just sex (half the time it is not though) , whereas for the man, sex is rarely just sex.

I hope one day you'll find someone special who you can experience domestic bliss with because it is far superior to being treated as a disposable plaything.

if you even have to ask then you arent capable of being an Ubermench.

Hedonism is for the weak.

what custom?

desu caring about being an ubermensch or not is absolutely spooked.

Sex is wrong, dirty and disgusting. It should only be inflicted on others as a form of punishment.

are you ok user?

15 Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. 16 Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? 17 Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers. 18 May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. 19 A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

Cured at last

it's as impossible for someone who fully understands their perspective and ego to follow the ubermensch ideal as it is for someone who fully understands geology/cosmology/genetics etc. to believe in a young earth hypothesis. it's just a matter of education. there's nothing objective in neechee's ubermensch model, it's just some german dude's opinion. phenomenologists are where you go if you want to learn some actual shit.