>>2301296

This is a historical event, I didn't request some meme answers. So, /x/ is irrelevant

I really don't know how to explain it
something clearly frightened them. could it be something was released, like a gas or something, that radiated them, making them flee for their lives out into their frozen death?

It's creepy as fuck and lends itself to all kinds of weird theories. In the end maybe it was just a stupid mistake, like a loud noise that they mistook for an avalanche, and that was it. People die because of simple amd stupid mistakes all the time.

That, or the yeti got to them.

I'm getting great ideas for a horror story.

It was probably an avalanche

But it doesn't explain the radioactives

>could it be something was released
From where? On purpose?

What if they are sent there on purpose? Does anyone know about the connections of the hikers?

Spooky but really it can be anything from them getting spooked, to a natural phenomena, to ayy lmaos

The tent was ripped from inside and they left it in hurry half-naked and almost barefoot on a freezing temperature.

Something in that tent spooked them so hard they had to flee for their lives.

>What are your thoughts on this?

Apparently, under favorable conditions, winds in the pass produce sound that closely resemble those of an incoming avalanche. In short, they heard the noise, panicked and then froze to death, doing some paradoxical undressing along the way.

>But it doesn't explain the radioactives

My understanding is that there were no radioactives there. That's just part of the urban legend. The exposed parts of bodies were covered with "weird tan", which is actually natural discoloration of human bodies under strong light.

Hypothermia seems to be the most rational answer, yeah I now "lights in the sky", and all that, radiation, etc. Whatever, find me another story where "the radiation" caused similar things to happen.

I bet you can find tons of stories where people going through hypothermia essentially in isolation do some crazy shit. It just makes the most sense.

Just Kidding guise, we all know it was Yetti.

Why is siberia still so unpopulated? Is it that much of a shithole that it can't be urbanized?

The problem with hypothermia is that they were all experienced climbers and there wasn't any indication that they'd been ill-prepared.

It's a viable theory but it just seems strange.

Just waiting for the temperature to go up then it will all become farmland.

>From where? On purpose?
I don't know, i was just bringing up the hypothetical possibility.

>What if they are sent there on purpose? Does anyone know about the connections of the hikers?
Pretty sure they were all friends/coworkers

Odd lights were seen in the sky around the time of the incident. Leading some to speculate government testing or aliens.

>The bodies had fatal injuries: Thibeaux-Brignolles had major skull damage, Dubinina and Zolotariov had their chest crushed.

>Yet, none of them had injuries other than their fractured bones. No soft tissue was damaged.
It was as if they were subjet to a massive pressure force, comparable with the impact of a car.

>Dubinina was missing her tounge, eyes, and part of the flesh of her face. According to the official story, this is attributed to the fact that she was found face down, with her face directly on top of a small stream that passed below the snow (so, putrefaction). However, other reports state that the tounge was cut.

>Their clothes were radioactive. Not lethal radioactive, but enough to be detected and recorded (though this could be attributed to the fact that they carried " lamp wicks [which] were commonly made of ceramic gauze treated with radioactive thorium").

>Families reported that their bodies turned orange and their hair white (which could be attributed to the fact that they were almost mummified)

>One of the investigators reported that his dosimeter registered a spike within the mountain, but was unable to find the source.

>There were some traces of different metals found in the area, thought to be remnants of military training that might have taken place in the area.

>Also, eye-witnesses reported "bright lights" in the sky the same night of the incident.

It's a real mystery alright.

Pretty spooky and kinda sad