How good was God's debating skills?

how good was God's debating skills?

Not so good. Anyone who questioned him got axed.

Knowledge is evil, faith must be absolute.

on par with your English.

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

>if you don't do exactly what i say i'll kill you then torture you in hell for all eternity
pretty good honestly

This never happens in scripture. No one is ever slain for questioning God. Many of his greatest followers and representatives questioned and doubted him in a regular basis. People that disobeyed him, however, were slain for disobedience and purposefully flaunting their antipathy (based in the presupposition that God) towards the singular most perfect and powerful entity in existence.

>If you're a willfully and/or inherently evil creature that refuses to cease his/her ways that are abhorrent in the eyes of its maker, you will be separated from your maker

Sounds fair to me.

>evil means doing things that feel natural and good

Has God not made foolish the wisdom of the world?

>b...because... I'm God!

Yhv's answer for literally everything.

it's a really good answer though

Pretty fucking lousy if the followers debating skills are any indication and why in the fuck are you pretending that yahweh, the war/sky deity of one of the hebrew tribes is somehow capital G God?

Mark 3:20 One time Jesus entered a house, and the crowds began to gather again. Soon he and his disciples couldn’t even find time to eat. 21 When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. “He’s out of his mind,” they said.

22 But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, “He’s possessed by Satan, the prince of demons. That’s where he gets the power to cast out demons.”

23 Jesus called them over and responded with an illustration. “How can Satan cast out Satan?” he asked. 24 “A kingdom divided by civil war will collapse. 25 Similarly, a family splintered by feuding will fall apart. 26 And if Satan is divided and fights against himself, how can he stand? He would never survive. 27 Let me illustrate this further. Who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger—someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house.

28 “I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, 29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.” 30 He told them this because they were saying, “He’s possessed by an evil spirit.”

It's not though. There are a lot of cases in the Bible of God going against his supposed moral principles, decieving people, contradicting himself etc. Heck, Job's life was destroyed only because God wanted to win a bet against Satan (who is the bad guy again out of those too?) and when he was rightfully asked to explain himself he refused to tell the truth that it was a bet and went with
>lol fuck you I'm God

Dukkha, "incapable of satisfying,"[web 2] painful.[4][5] Life in this "mundane world,"[web 3] with its craving and clinging to impermanent states and things,[4] is dukkha,[3] unsatisfactory and painful;[web 2][4][5][6][18][web 3]
Samudaya, the origination or arising of dukkha. Dukkha, and repeated life in this world, arises with taṇhā, "thirst," craving for and clinging to these impermanent states and things. This craving and clinging produces karma which leads to renewed becoming, keeping us trapped in rebirth and renewed dissatisfaction;[note 4]
Nirodha, the cessation of dukkha. By stopping this craving and clinging nirvana is attained,[25] no more karma is produced, and rebirth and dissatisfaction will no longer arise again;[note 5]
Magga, the path to the cessation of, or liberation from dukkha. By following the Noble Eightfold Path, restraining oneself, cultivating discipline, and practicing mindfulness and meditation, craving and clinging will be stopped, and rebirth and dissatisfaction are ended.[27][28]

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery

God is the original creator of Newspeak

Weaker than Julian the Apostates.

>There are a lot of cases in the Bible of God going against his supposed moral principles, decieving people, contradicting himself etc.
so he's a hypocrite? or he doesn't think the rules he gave man apply to him?

saying man should follow these moral principles doesn't mean god should follow these moral principles

King James Bible
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

King James Bible
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

It was under that jewish deity that the prophecy of the messiah came to be. If it was a false deity, then the prophecy must be false as well.

If it was false deity, then there is no original sin, Jesus was not the messiah and he did not cure original sin. So he was nobody.

Either both old testament and new testament are correct or none.

>Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
god isn't a who though

King James Bible
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

King James Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

King James Bible
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

>So God created man in his own image
doesn't mean god is in the image of man
>And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM
I is not who
>That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven
a child is not the same as the father

King James Bible
The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

>The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
this does not mean the master shall be as the perfect disciple

i think i'm repeating myself here

New Living Translation
"Don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi,' for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.

>all of you
doesn't mean god is included in that you

New Living Translation
Anyone who does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

>Anyone who does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."
god is very obviously not included in "anyone"

Underrated post, my friend

King James Bible
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

>who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
what point are you even trying to make

notice how nowhere does it say equal to all or comparable to all

King James Bible
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

>At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
isn't jesus saying this

what are you a priest or something

One thing that always confused me about Catholicism is the idea of saints and that they intercede on our behalf with god
Doesn't god already know what's in my best interest and the idea that god could be negotiated with seems to go against the idea that he is omnipotent
Praying confuses me too. Like what's the point doesnt god already have a plan for the world my prayers are useless. Does he just want me to go through the motions. It seems so arbitrary .

jesus wasn't a disciple tho

besides it doesn't mean that god is equivalent to jesus just because jesus is in god

New Living Translation
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

New Living Translation
The greatest among you must be a servant.

>However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
you're just proving my point that god is not equivalent to man
>The greatest among you must be a servant.
the greatest among YOU, i've made this point already

I heard they were divine.

King James Bible
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

King James Bible
But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

King James Bible
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

King James Bible
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

what point are you even making now

god can commit sin, at no point does the bible say otherwise

New Living Translation
Then Jesus demanded, "What is your name?" And he replied, "My name is Legion, because there are many of us inside this man."

done replying now

New Living Translation
So he is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to him."

Not good at all.

He just lays it out like it is, and then does it.

God didn't end up debating Job; God told Job "Where were you when I was creating a universe? You think you can stand toe-to-toe with Me???"

Just because idiots like you cannot or will not read the Meshe Stele and learn that YHWH was the God of the Israelites, not the Canaanites, does not mean we have to pander to your lunacy. Worship Chemosh proudly, and get cast into the lake of fire shaking your puny fist at the Almighty, like the rest of your people did.

God is very much a person. Just not like you. Alien, you might say. Just not extra-terrestrial; inter-dimensional.

Sin is not being like God.

God is like God.

God cannot sin, and be not like God.

pseud
god cannot sin but god can commit what we would describe as sins

Its fiction, sry

>thinking Moabites are Canaanites

They shared gods. They are both evil and wicked. As are their shared gods.

No, God cannot be anything but God.

Sin is not being like God.

Sin is "missing the mark", as in an archer who shoots an arrow that completely misses the target.

God cannot be anything other than God.

i didn't say anything about god being sin or a sinner

i said that god comitted things that we would describe as sins you pseud

Wisdom, Love and the Logos
Mind, Substance and Power
Father, Mother and Son
Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Light, Color and Tone
Number, Form and Expression
Desire, Will and Action

Shouldn't God, an omnipotent being adhere to a higher moral standard than mere mortals?

Again, "sin" means "not being like God".

So no, God can not be unlike God.

If you want to learn proper terminology, and blaspheme God as committing iniquity or transgressions, you will be more technically sound in your questioning, and equally wrong in your reasoning.

i think it's up to god honestly

he seems to think the answer is "no"
>Again, "sin" means "not being like God".
>In a religious context, sin is the act of violating God's will by transgressing his commandments.
god has literally broken his own commandments

So basically, Christianity/Judaism isn't really about a moral philosophy, or what is right or wrong, they just instead cults of power. The idea is that there is an arbitrary, all powerful being who you need to get on the good side of because he can kill or send you to hell any time he wants to.

Kind of defeats the idea of "you can't be moral without the Bible" tbqh. Or of god being good.

I also don't really get how the biblical God is really any different from the Greek gods. At least the Greeks were honest enough to admit that yeah, Zeus and his pals are morally flawed, but we can't really do anything so we still need to sacrifice for them. They didn't try to redefine good as "whathever Zeus says at the moment and what he does, even if the two are complete opposites."