Hey Veeky Forums, i get a lot of shit in uni about the church being evil incarnate in the said "dark ages."

hey Veeky Forums, i get a lot of shit in uni about the church being evil incarnate in the said "dark ages."
Can you guys redpill me on that?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/sp/search/text/Redpill/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Redpill/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The church was pretty shit tho

Never say redpill again.
Delete this and start a new thread.

You can tell them that the loss of knowledge during the medieval period was primarily due to paganshit snowniggers and what did survive is thanks to the church's monastic system.

The Roman Catholic Church has been utterly and thoroughly evil from inception @ 325 AD to the present, no year excepting.

They are the most evil and vile institution on planet earth.

>Loss of knowledge
What?

Nice Pepe.

Rome = Babylon

That's a meme. The RCC wouldn't exist until 1167 (unofficially) and 1545 (officially)

Was it or was it not begun under Constantine in Rome?

Was or was not Constantine the Pontifex Maximus, a title held by all popes?

No, while Rome didn't matter for 700 years, the seed was planted by Constantine the sun god worshiper who allowed people to call themselves Christians just because they bathed in his temple once briefly.

>dark ages
The whore of Babylon sure likes her some dark things...

Sure, essentially during the dark ages most of the violence/torture enacted on other people were done through secular means, and political means. The church isn't absolutely clean, but the church was much less likely to hand out death penalties or torture for transgressions because they believed in God's mercy.

In short you were better off the more the church was involved in your area. The church was a shining beacon of hope during the dark ages, not the monster causing everything.

Obviously I'm lumping in centuries of events into a couple of paragraphs, but that's the basic gist.

I think if you had any knowledge of history you would understand that what you are saying is fundamentally untrue.

Was Constantine's vision from God? Why would God contradict Jesus re spreading the Kingdom by the sword?

Was Constantine a sun worshiper, like his father before him? Was he a patron of the Temple of Apollo?

Was not his "vision" a chi and a rho flanking the sun?

Was not the "Donation of Constantine" that funded the Roman Catholic Church a known fraud and a forgery?

No, learn some history from people not sworn to the assassin's order, the Order of Loyola, if you want to know the true history of how Babylon moved from Iraq to Pergamos to Rome.

And stayed there.

>Was it or was it not begun under Constantine in Rome?
Unless he lived over 1,000 years, not.
>Was or was not Constantine the Pontifex Maximus
He was, but this title was one for Roman emperors since before Christ. It was done away with by later Christian emperors and taken by the pope centuries later

>Constantine the sun god worshiper
Constantine was quite obviously a convert to Christianity.

A lot of literature was destroyed by the Vikings.

>Was Constantine's vision from God?
Yep
>Why would God contradict Jesus re spreading the Kingdom by the sword?
He didn't
>Was Constantine a sun worshiper
At one time
>Was he a patron of the Temple of Apollo?
This I don't know. I very much doubt it because he had worshipped Sol Invictus
>Was not his "vision" a chi and a rho flanking the sun?
Chi and rho are the first letters of Christos. It was a kingly monogram
>Was not the "Donation of Constantine" that funded the Roman Catholic Church a known fraud and a forgery?
It was, and this fact makes it utterly irrelevant as it was produced centuries after his death
>the Order of Loyola
This literally didn't exist until the Counter-Reformation. They were created for the sole purpose of destroying true Christianity. They were quite evil, murderers and thieves.

Holy shit, you must be in /rev/Veeky Forums to pass this off as fact.

The pope is just the new emperor. That's it. One man on top of the empire, with a senate/college of cardinals under him, and flunkies under them. Same exact title. Pontifex Maximus.

He started it. It grew a thousand years later. Just as prophesied. Rome is a two legged beast, east and west. Both sides ruled for over a thousand years.

Constantine died a pagan sun worshiper; the rumor that his deathbed conversion saved him deletes the fact that at his deathbed present was Arius the heretic, who is also in hell with Constantine right now.

Your Jesuit history is bullshit. All of it.

>Shitpost
>Anti-catholic shitpost
>/pol/ worthy shitpost
>phoneposter

So, Jesus said my Kingdom will not be spread by the sword, but Constantine says that it will be.

Constantine has authority over Jesus.

Constantine is the first pope, the first "vicar of Christ." The first Antichrist.

Sol Invictus and the Temple of Apollo go hand in hand dude.

His vision had nothing to do with Jesus.

It was a fraud and forgery perpetrated by the "vicar of Christ" in his name.

The Counter-Reformation is a vicious bloody set of wars to murder Christians and Jews.

YFW you learn that the Inquisitions activities are vastly overestimated because Victorian historians went through medieval documents and saw "trial by inquisition" come up a lot, and assumed they were all trials by THE Inquisition, rather than trial by being asked questions.

My best guess is that the vision occurred just before it was first reported, in 310 CE, and at that point Constantine became a henotheist, one who revered the sun God, Sol Invictus, above and in lieu of all others. It would be two years before he launched his assault on Maxentius, and in that time he had plenty of occasion to reflect on his new religious commitments. Among other things, he because increasingly aware of the growing Christian movement (in chapter 6 we will be discussing just how rapidly it was growing at the time). Soon before the battle for Rome, he had another vision, or a dream, or both, and came to a decision. This decision was not that he would switch loyalties from Sol Invictus to the God of the Christians. Instead, he decided that Sol Invictus was the God of the Christians.

--Bart Ehrman

>No lover of Christianity he

>yfw you realize the "church" murdered more than 68,000,000 people, including Christians and Jews, in the past thousand years.

He was never called vicar of Christ
>Jews
Who cares what happens to Christkillers?

>Bart Ehrman
I should care what an enemy of the faith says why?

> where did the first universities come from?
> who was the one to condemn the infighting between feudal lords that weakened Europe for so long?
> who created the first welfare system?
> who was the first to take care for the orphans, mentally and physicly dissabled?
> who continued the writing system of the Romans?
> who continued to study the old philosophers after the fall of Rome?

that's hecking right, the catholic church

During the Roman Era, Europe was dived between the Mediterranean and the shit-lands. When Rome fell and Huns passed through Europe, whole Europe became shitlands.

Christians also closed "pagan" academias and focused all intelectual on a literally useless field, theology.

>Inb4 its heavily simplified
correct

Let's see...

Between the sale of favors, isolating the Bible from the common man until Martin Luther published it himself, machiavellian manipulation of the various European heads of state, absurd greed and abuse of doctrine, popes being murdered by other popes, popes trying to decanonize each other to keep the title, not to mention FOUR FUCKING CRUSADES, there's not much to redeem them. Today, they're better if you ignore a few things, but they used to be a catastrophic evil.

>where did the first universities come from?
Ancient Greece, they had different names though

> who was the one to condemn the infighting between feudal lords that weakened Europe for so long?
Their superiours most likely

> who created the first welfare system?
Rome comes to mind with their grain dole, but there were likely others before them.

> who was the first to take care for the orphans, mentally and physicly dissabled?
Rome had orphanages also. Not sure about the disabled.

>who continued the writing system of the Romans?
Half of Europe?

> who continued to study the old philosophers after the fall of Rome?
Everyone with access to the texts.

Redpill is an accepted imageboard lingo, fuck off back to 9gag if you don't like it.

only /pol/yps use it

funny given the makers of that film are trannies

>forgetting the fascist techno club in martrix reloaded

the signs were there

Jesus is a Jew.

Nobody killed him.

Because he's not going to slant things your way, he's completely unreliable when it comes to his own field?

kek

Schools: Jesuit indoctrination centers to "teach" children what the Whore wants them to "know"
Hospitals: Control a person's healthcare, control the person
Church: Keep them enslaved to meaningless rites and rituals, keep the money pouring in

What charity?

Yo mum gave me polyps. Tell her to wash herself down there every once in a while. Damn!

>Not cutting and squeezing lemons.

Raised by single mom?

It's not. It's strictly /pol/ lingo and only crossboarding /pol/sters use it.

>being this new

/sp/ and /k/ uses it daily. Guess how I know you arrived here 5 months ago when someone posted a link on r/historians?

>Nobody killed him.

Crossboarding /pol/ users, duh.

He came to die. He gave up his Spirit and died.

Nobody killed him; nobody could have killed him. He could still be on that cross today if he wanted to.

Fuck off newfag, never post again before lurking for at least a year

>about the church being evil incarnate in the said "dark ages."
They were the only source of order, ironically enough.

You get fedora talk in UNIVERSITY courses?

Is this the power of american education

Obviously it's ok for a class to point out that the catholic church was in dire need of reform a few decades before ThesesMan came out of nowhere, but the """dark ages""" (I fucking hate that term since fedoras now use it to designate everything from 500 to 1800 even though the Dark Ages are just a tiny part of the middle ages, where the Church was actually one of the guiding lights in the world)

If only you knew about how much you revealed newfaggotry by requesting to lurk for "one year", and by caring so much.

Not that I'm surprised a /pol/ user wouldn't even notice embarrassing himself while trying to act tough.

No, it pretty much signals you're a /pol/lack fresh off the boat.

>but the dark ages (...)
Forgot to add: "was nowhere close to that chronologically"

Prove you're not a newfag.

They weren't the devil incarnate but they certainly were the biggest pain in the arse for European rulers. They also went to great lengths to keep the peasantry in a position of parasitic limbo in order to collect their tithe.

When did they start allowing peasants to join the clergy?

archive.4plebs.org/sp/search/text/Redpill/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Redpill/

Hmmm

Are the /pol/ack lurking under your bed too?

>he uses the word peasant to refer to commoner
Get. Out.

>uses "noble" but not peasant
Weak.

>They also went to great lengths to keep the peasantry in a position of parasitic limbo in order to collect their tithe.
[citation needed] or bullshit.

Not all non-nobles were peasants dumbo.

No one said they were.

Unless you provide legitimate sources
You're retarded.
And wrong.
Clocks ticking.
Also before
>look it up yourself
The burden of proof is on you, Dominican

It's this little thing we like to call "the bible".

And these other little things we like to call "history books".

You may want to look into one or the other, or both.

>Dominican

literally insane

>Bible
Read
Also didn't I tell you to provide a source
Nice job, Satan
Also
>Dominican
As in one from the Dominican Republic
I know you're the same faggot who post the exact same thing and arguements on /pol/
I wonder where I'll see you next...

>i get a lot of shit in uni
Are you sure it was a university?
Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

It was an evil meme

He never said in courses. I'm guessing it's stupid students or he's simply bullshitting to farm (You)s.

hm, yeah, he just said "in uni", I mistakenly assumed it was in classes

Still I'd expect history students to be better than that

>redpill
Go back to /pol/, dumb frogposter