Why is feminism exclusively a western phenomenon?

Why is feminism exclusively a western phenomenon?

>and Humanities

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_in_Japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_in_South_Korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_in_India
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Islam, Hinduism, and Confucianism have superior bitch-slap capability.

Because the West has been comfortable enough to develop social theories.

Thats just asian meance ingeneral

Because the west has had a long time of economic prosperity and technological development. You're not going to see a return to traditional sexual morals after the invention of oral contraceptives and latex condoms for example.

Feminism is rising in India.
t. guy who spoke to an indian woman 3 years ago.

Because you touch yourself at night.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_in_Japan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_in_South_Korea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism_in_India

That was all due in part due to Western influence.

You have no idea whether they would have emerged anyway with or without Western influence and that more than suffices to show OP asked an idiotic question based on an inaccurate statement.

Feminism is a consequence of liberalism and egalitarianism. When men started to consider each other as equals, women wanted to partake on that equality too.

They clearly emerged to a lesser extent, even in Japan and South Korea which are developed economies. Where is the Japanese femen? Similarly these countries do not have mass immigration from Somalia and such.

It is genetics. White people are less susceptible to stress or something, it is why whites are more open to new ideas like those of the current far left. pretty sure I heard about a gene somewhere responsible for it.

Unless you are one of those people who pigheadedly refuse to accept genes affect humans this should be obvious.

Both South-Korea and Japan didn't become Western voluntarily. They had to be bombed first.

Feminism came to be in the West because of prolonged economic and political stability.

>women got prizes for popping out sprogs

not even the Reich was free of welfare queens

>gene memes
This is the real answer. This is why the Middle East and Asia was better off than Europe during the Dark Ages, they had stability in which to expand and create theories.

Because Jews

Because western civilization has foundations in disscussing civil libirties and how they change over time.

Western civilization was the first with the economic development and surpluses to enable women's advocacy. Women without slow cookers and washing machines have to do so manually and have no ability to mitigate domestic duties with patriarchy produced machinery.

Asian here, feminism comes with westernisation, infact modernism and westernisation is synonymous and almost viewed as the same thing here

That shows that success and social Westernisation go hand in hand. In isn't an argument for some genetic basis of feminism, which is what OP and others here are arguing for.

Because "social westernization" is parasitic and needs the technological backbone to feed itself. Once you cut the power grid, feminism goes out as well.

Maybe so, I'm inclined to agree that is likely.

However, as I said, I wasn't disputing that. I was disputing this claim there's some sort of genetic factor unique to Europeans and European derived peoples.

It's not unique to western culture, gender equality movements just take a different form in other cultures.