Shipping Container Land

Don't get a lambo, cars are bad investments, get a used car and paint the rims a fancy color when you sell.

Get a tiny container home instead. $2000 for a 40 ft container then you can pay a contractor to do pic related for $10k. Put solar for another $10k with batteries and you are off grid. You can load on a trailer and go anywhere with tow.

Shipping container land. VergeBlue and SwarmCity Yellow I'll paint my container those colors.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2twdBAJw--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ldxsd4accabufmhxbrab.png
youtube.com/watch?v=UpIHldahb-k
landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=r&r.PSIZ=1,10&pn=300&px=15000&type=5,35;267,7046;268,6843&sort=PR_A
zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/house-was-3d-printed-under-24-hours-cost-just-10000
inhabitat.com/canadian-man-built-an-off-grid-shipping-container-home-in-the-wilds-for-20000/
tinyhouselistings.com/listing/denver-colorado-12-custom-built-tiny-house/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks pretty comfy, tbqh. I live in a studio apartment so I don't really mind the small space. The problem is you'd also need to buy the land to put the container on.

500 dollar land in S Texas for hard mode off gridders, up to 5k fot land in Alamosa, CO, and once you get close to 20k you can buy enough land anywhere. I've been considering this or RV/Tiny house (on a foundation) myself

You'll be charged a lot more than 10k for the work. Try more like 65k for acceptable work. And that's before you buy the land to put it on. Don't tell me you were going to build your container home and then rent the land? What's the point!

65K for what? Installing plumbing and electricity cost that much?

Off the grid isn't my style. I need to live close enough to the city where I can still access groceries, restaurants, etc.

I've got $35k in cash and about $90k in crypto, so I'm getting close enough to afford something like this. My dream is to buy outright and never pay rent again.

Framing, electrical, plumbing, grid hookups, fabrication and metal cutting, windows, cabinets, appliances, storage and foundation (unless you stick it on timbers, but what would you want to do that?). It all adds up. You could probably get it down to 40k if you don't mind a more spartan home.

for 100k could you build a large /open plan shipping container type thing?

might give it a go, probably not enough sunlight to keep my power running though in britbong land

>cars are bad investments
What if we buy a barely used super-car (2 or 3 years old)?

I've considered buying those in low-tax areas within driving distance of vacation spots so I can just avoid hotels during vacation season and resell them later, but they cost more than usual.

For example, my home town is near Memphis, TN. 5 Acres and a $60,000 2Bed 1Bath prefab home would cost me about $100,000.

That's less than 5% away from the median home value (and the median home doesn't have that much land). I could keep it as a summer home and sell it likely at a profit since they intend to develop the area over the next 10 years.

No. These are complete installs from Backcountry Containers...

you'd still need to pay for utility hookups, foundation, etc, and of course also the land to put it on. Still probably north of $100k when all is said and done.

That said, that Rustic Retreat XL looks about the perfect size for me.

if you're paying that much whats the point? You can find small homes on land in bum fucky midwest for around that.

so i'm someone who is about to be living off the grid, first time on Veeky Forums from some dumb /pol/ thread, but the more i read the more this game seems really good to play. pump and dump times of the day, frequent posting, actual communication. It seems like a board delivered from god himself.

Is this is the best job and off the grid person can have???? am I crazy?

(I am KoHPliMM, was on mobile switched to pc)

Here's a few resources to help in your decision making process.
i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2twdBAJw--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ldxsd4accabufmhxbrab.png

youtube.com/watch?v=UpIHldahb-k

landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=r&r.PSIZ=1,10&pn=300&px=15000&type=5,35;267,7046;268,6843&sort=PR_A

Personally, if I go all into this, I'd get land on the FL panhandle between Panama City Beach and Pensacola, FL (Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton counties) but at least 7+ miles north of the Gulf Coast. Zero income tax in FL, nice vacation spots in Destin close by, and cheap land. Away from crazy "Florida man" stories which are usually Tallahassee and on the main part of Florida. It just gets a little southern at times.

I was thinking of getting one of these built so my elderly mom doesn't have to be put in a home. Is it legal to build one of these in my backyard?

>job

you came to the wrong board, nocoiner.

Once I get about $100k, I'm going to buy my grandmother's land and put up a concrete dome home.

Florida is my plan too. I've been looking at the Tampa area. Lots of cheap housing around there if you go out into the sticks a little bit, but still close to a mid-sized city for the night-life, events, etc. My parents recently bought a very nice 2br house in Bradenton for about $130k. You can buy a very nice 1br condo in that area for like 70k.

I live in San Jose, CA. With median prices around $1 million, buying a house here is totally out of the question. Right now and am paying $1700 a month to rent a studio apartment. If rents keep going up like they have been it won't be long before I'm totally priced out. Plus, now they're talking about a 15% tax in CA to pay for universal health care for illegals. If that passes I'll no longer be able to afford to live here. I need to start thinking about moving soon. My biggest concern is finding a good job in Florida.

I have a job, but because it's cucktier, the saving process takes a while, as well as building/living out there doesn't happen overnight if you don't have sufficient money. Good/Fast/Cheap triangle is how I think about it. I want it cheap and good, but that means it won't be fast, mostly because I have no means of securing more money, nor the desire to increase the pace of things right now. I only have 1k put away, which I know is sad. Seeing much higher figures of other user just by playing the coin game is startling.

Also i have seen plenty of animu, though, i don't know how you define my lack of weeb-status.

Florida is hot and full of spics

I am from there so maybe I'm biased

I would definitely prefer rural northwest or Midwest.. Really why the hell would you move to such a gross place, full of crime and bugs man. Think twice. Oregon also has no sales tax man.

Look at the size of the sub 40k ones, those are all less than 30ft containers. The 40ft one STARTS at 40k, which might be nice for some people, but you're probably going to want upgrades.

Midwest is full of rednecks, Mexicans, and niggers.

Plus, nojobs.jpg. Great for the new elite, but bad for any kind of entertainment.

t. Iowan

Not many spics in Tampa from what I've seen. Certainly not in Bradenton or Sarasota. Lot of old people though. I could never move to a place where it snows. I don't do cold. Year-round beach weather sounds about perfect for me.

This ain't /pol/, kid. This is Veeky Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to /pol/, you Alex Jones watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

I fucking love this one, only 19 k complete and you can tow it.

I attend university in the Midwest (central IL). There are very few black people, but plenty of niggers there. ZERO other races (mexicans, asians) outside of college campus. I'm going to live there for a bit to take advantage of the proposed 15 dollar minimum wage hike (works out even with raised income tax and single person apts at $500/month), which is 2x as much as Georgia where I currently live. I spend very little money in IL because of the high sales tax, but it only works out in my favor. Invested almost all my savings into crypto and it's worth 3x as much now in 4 weeks.

I'm aiming to be as cheap as possible for a few years before cashing out and living large

Gain the shells cost $4k MAX used for a shipping container.

You can live like a hobo in a gated lot with other neets.
We should do that actually. Buy lots in the outskirts of major trading cities. Gate them, them build our own Veeky Forums anarchy commune.

>the greatest thing that you could do with your money would be to use it to earn a college degree which is in demand & pays well (CompSci)

Probably wise, but I'd suggest Iowa instead of Illinois. Avoid the southeast corner, though - or as we call it North Missouri. Northwest or western Iowa is all right - Omaha area. Cost of living is a bit higher, but you'll have better opportunities, and finding a decent wage won't be hard.

>the best thing you can do is dedicate your life to becoming a wageslave

If you actually still want to get laid, do a tiny house. She won't be disappointed when your cock is small and cute, just like your house.

t. Wagecuck

>already have car
>want a cheap used BMW Z3 for fun. Go for $3.5k
I've made 11k on this crypto meme but I'm a cheap ass stingy guy.

>cheap ass stingy guy

You will go far. I salute you, fellow Veeky Forumsreali.

Yeah I actually just did a boot camp because I left college disillusioned years ago. Can basically set my own hours now and doubled the money I was making before, I can start my own business or keep working for outfits, or both. Needless to say, I have plenty of time to margin trade memecoins and save basically 70% of my income.

>VergeBlue and SwarmCity Yellow
Nice covert shilling

8/10

You're fucking stupid if you try this shit. You're going to spend money out the ass to live in a fucking cargo container, and you'll have to spend a shit ton more if you want to disconnect it from the city in order to move it.

If you're in your mid to early twenties, then the greatest thing that you could do with your money would be to use it to earn a college degree which is in demand & pays well (CompSci) or going to a trade school. While going to school, you should use a portion of your earnings to research & start your own business. If your business does well, then you should be able to enter fuck you money territory pretty easily over the long-term. If your business fails, then you'll be able to put that you have experience owning and operating a business on your resume. It'll also prepare you for the future endeavor you should take in creating a business again.

The amount of potential money that you're leaving off the table by not getting certified in a skill for a job at an early age FAR outweighs the money you'd be saving from living off the grid in a metal box for the rest of your life. This shit might be ok for a retiree to do, but you're going to get depressed quickly if you decide to do this in your twenties. Because you're going to become suicidal whenever at 35 you realize that you spent your most pivotal years pissing & shitting in a shipping container while shit posting and trading crypto.

I can't help it. Have a well paying job but I came from poverty in my life. Some habits are hard.

WELL, that sounds like a fantastic break from the normal dribble at /pol/ and previously attended boards. It's not a matter of if I like it or not, I'm reading up and gaining observations of what and how others are doing to try and see if I want to jump in. Seems it doesn't take a lot to make a lot if you work smarter not harder, like any "adult job" so to speak. I believe I can do it, just may take some time is all.

or hold crypto

Just cut the middle man and build your home on truck. It's da bomb.

>oldfags who are still butthurt that they fucked around in their twenties and didn't accomplish shit.

Yeah, let's not point out how most people coming out of four years of college with a CS degree are making 70-80k per year to copypasta code from StackOverflow 70% of the time, and then use the other 30% of their work day trading crypto with thousands of dollars that's burning a hole in their pockets. When will these cucks ever learn?! Haha!

Not to mention the numerous friends that I have who quit their CS jobs after 2-3 years to go on and start their own company.

You're fucking retarded dude. 200 sq ft would cost you around 10k to wire, frame, install plumbing, and to paint. I come from a family of successful contractors in Georgia. You could also easily build that shit yourself it's not hard.

container houses are memes

you can simply build a wood frame, or brick single room house for probably less and it doesnt need huge changes to make it actually livable like a container

that said OPs pic is not more than a garden shed, no one actually lives in it, or actually wants to for a longer period

my issue with this is that you are ignoring the rights of the younger person to discover what they want out of life. and if in short term usage this can make people rich for a few years then what is the harm?

people find meaning in anything they do, so like go to school, sure there is meaning in doing so, but it's just as likely that the person will determine the meaning of the responsibilities they have gained over the time of their life.

>the greatest thing you can do is acquire large debt and aim to be spend 80% of your waking life wageslaving to make someone else money

I wasn't joking, it's a good habit. I spend way too much fucking money. I'd be in a much better position if I didn't.

How's that student debt treating you, fucko?

The main cost of owning a home is really the land. Building a small house isn't that expensive. Container/tiny homes are the biggest memes ever.

>Discover what they want out of life.
I agree, but sanctioning yourself to a cargo container won't do it. Many colleges pay students to go study abroad, so why not do that instead?

>200 sq ft would cost you around 10k to wire, frame, install plumbing, and to paint.

I'm looking forward to the imminent 3D printed building revolution. 1000 sqft. house built in one day at a cost of only $10k. When this tech goes mainstream, housing costs are going to plummet.

zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/house-was-3d-printed-under-24-hours-cost-just-10000

>large debt.

Nigga.. A comfy CS job would pay for your education in a matter of years. The only people who prop up this meme are people who never graduated college with a worthwhile degree.

personally, i'm done fucking with the college jew, but i abroad study does sound delightful. I too agree also that the cargo container is a meme shit tier plan to invest in when you could take the same amount of money, with a little more time to get a much better finish and custom design. I think it's sad that people just need to have this "plug and play" solution for any problem they have. It's gross.

Look how many cucks are attacking me because I said someone who's young could benefit from having a college degree.

I also said trade school. The root of my post was to tell you to find a way to put yourself in a better position in regards to owning and operating your own business.

Sorry guys, but most of the people who own and operate successful companies went to college, worked for someone else for a couple of years, and then used the contacts they made over those years to launch a successful business.

i wasn't trying to attack you, wether or not you believe that the college is jew operated, it is still the same institution. I think that putting myself in a position I desire is extremely attractive and that is exactly what I am doing with my life. Maybe not like 85% of my time, but progress, reading, learning, writing -- I think I make progress. I spend my time learning on my own since i stopped going to college, right now i'm on a farming tear and I believe that I will soon be progressing to a much larger scale than this.

> Be From Tiny Baltic state
>This shit costs literally 10x less
>"contractors" hook everything up for 1k
>an old lady does your yard for 399.99
>Land by a lake, surrounded by great people

I feel terribly bad for Burgers who get everything so extremely overpriced. Yeah you do have a great nation but for what price to pay? If you ever wanna come sip espressos by a lake and drink wine every few hours come to baltics

>Sees what one (for profit) company offers as a full package
>Everything is like that
>There are no contractors or handymen in capitalist usa

which baltic state r u from, desu?

The great Estonia

youre a retard if you want to move to tampa. The place is shit. The only cheap land you'll find is in the ugliest, poorest, hottest, niggerest areas in like spring hill/lakeland areas etc.

youre better off buying on the outskirts of raleigh, chattanooga, johnson city, asheville, north of atlanta, (somewhere near the mountains)

Trust me, florida isnt very nice if you don't have money.

If you're absolutely set on moving to florida, try Jacksonville/St. Augustine/Daytona Areas. You can buy land close enough to the beach and its developing a ton so your property would probably appreciate much faster.

(Not trying to kill your dreams, just trying to help)

ps. you can buy a trailer home on .5 acres in putnam county, florida for 10k

Some of us are married with jobs and too much shit for a container op. Off grid is a cunt. Would much rather tie in and pay minimums with a gas well in case i get a hole in the tubing and cant shower.

Im moving underground anyway.

And no, not in a tin memebox.

Good in theory tho.

I suggest getting a box with axles and and throw it on blocks. Insulate and tin siding. Take half a day to pack up and go if u get a cdl. Can rent a semi from penski or something and shag ass.

Or you could get a 10,000 truck and 30,000 camper and be done with it.

Go rv. Rv easy resale and upgrade.

Tiny shit memehouse is meme.

Cement foundation. Get gud

This.

Source: home builder until 2007-2008 ruined my existence

You're obviously the retard. Even the small containers in this dudes pic cost double what you claim

There's basically no way to do what you're suggesting for under 20k, even if you did all the work yourself and had all the tools. Before you can even start work you have to spend minimum $2500 for a container in good shape plus $500 to $1000 on some BASIC building plans.

I should say that I'm not against container homes. I actually think they are pretty cool and with the right architect and designer show off a mid century modern type look. But if you get into container home, or even a small home, thinking you're getting g great value for your money you're being a mongoloid, if anything these meme homes are a sign that society is in the process of collapsing since people can no longer afford a single family home on a piece of land.

It's an aesthetic and lifestyle choice. Get over it.

whats wrong with latinas? they're hot until they get 30 and get fat. i love mexican girls

You clearly spend too much time on the internet and have no real skills. You can build out a 400 sq/ft shipping container for 20k or less easily. I gutted and rehabbed my entire 1000 sq/ft house for close to 20k.

I've been to Sarasota and Bradenton many times. It's a beautiful place in my opinion, very clean and pleasant. Never thought it was ugly, and hardly saw any niggers. Haven't been to Tampa proper too much however. Raleigh or Atlanta seem like they'd be way more niggerish, it's cold in the winter there, and those cities aren't right on the water. Florida has the edge from my vantage point.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to hook up a house to the city sewer or dig a septic tank? How about install a distribution box or hook up to the city electrical grid or set up a battery system for solar? Grade and pour a foundation? Frame a house and spray foam insulation?

Oh thats right all that shit was already there for you before you remodeled.

20k sure gets you a lot in a container home... inhabitat.com/canadian-man-built-an-off-grid-shipping-container-home-in-the-wilds-for-20000/

Enjoy shitting outside

Could just buy a trailer for that price

I actually unironcally was looking into shipping container homes a month ago

>mfw I got an MS for around 20k debt
>community college, good grades, scholarships, assistantship
>70k out of college in my first job
>pay off student loans first year
>max out 401k and roth
>buy brick ranch in need of repairs on one acre for 98k with 20% down 3 years later
>renovate that mofucker cause I'm /diy/
>live 30 min outside Raleigh NC
>jobs everywhere here, land still cheap
>enough cash for hobbies, faster pay on mortgage, and daytrading crypto

Lads, are you even trying?

why would i want to live in a tiny container? i already do that since i live with my parents

Can confirm. College in Johnson City TN, work in Raleigh. Opportunity abounds here, and there is still plenty of land if you are willing to drive a bit. Asheville is so fucking comfy too.

There are better options..

You just need a truck/suv to pull them...

$50k - tinyhouselistings.com/listing/denver-colorado-12-custom-built-tiny-house/

shieeet fucked him up good

hey there champ
24 years old, couple years out of college with no debt making $85k
still want to commit suicide in these oh so pivotal years of mine

care to explain what I'm doing wrong?

t. ExoticCarHacks

You just answered your own question.

I did that shit with a Toyota. Cars are a shit but necessary investment, let someone else take the devaluation hit.

Bud, wanting to kill yourself doesn't go away, you'd have to be a giga-brainlet to not see the hopelessness of this life

you need a granny pod

you can buy an entire house under 50k in nice towns dude. INdiana, TN, NC, MI

Where does your shit go?

I like tiny houses, but where the fuck you get the land? Ok I can afford pay $50k for the house but the fucking land costs a fortune.

you can buy land anywhere, even fucking hawaii for under 50k

> $500 land in texas
> 5 acreas for $60 000

I live in Australia where it costs $500000 to buy land in the middle of the desert.

>Tfw I have a 6 figure income and still can't afford to buy land
>Tfw foreign investors and old people have locked me out of buying property in my own backyard
>Tfw I'll never own land

I've read stories about people trying to live off grid in California in the desert areas where they bought very cheap land. What ended up happening was that the gov't demanded that they be connected to the grid even though they were far from any powerlines. When the people living there refused to comply, they were given notices of alleged violations of various regulations. Eventually, the were forced to demolish everything in their property.

Simple
>Pay costs to move to burgerland
>Pay to move everything to burgerland
>Become burger
>Buy 10,000 dollar land to treat yourself
>Cheaper than slaving away in an overpriced, oversized, soon-to-be-sandbar