SO how many of you retards have been banned from AskHistorians

SO how many of you retards have been banned from AskHistorians

>posting on leddit

This guy definitely

all of Veeky Forums is banned from anywhere that requires basic knowledge of history

I have never posted on reddit.
I have fun discussing here, and if I want more serious discussion, I certainly wouldn't go to reddit first.

yeah, why the fuck would you want your questions answered by actual experts in the respective niches of history when i could just get some answer from an anonymous anime image board browser?

kys loser

>Reddit

The fact that they consider themselves experts and post in a place intended for "actual experts" is enough of a reason for me not to want to go there. If I want to read scholarship, i'll go and read it. If I want to discuss it with Veeky Forums i'll go on Veeky Forums. Reddit has got an atrocious sense of humour compared to Veeky Forums, as unpopular as it is to suggest. We are sometimes too self-deprecating.

this desu the requirements for a comment there are a hell of a lot more rigorous than here, so you can be absolutely sure that any answer (if you do get one) will be correct

>still hating reddit

Reddit is the opposite of Veeky Forums. The OP is sometimes really good, but the comments are pure "le inside joke ;^)" cancer. Impossible to have a good discussion because everyone is just trying to be witty.

Have u ever been on AskHistorians? Jokes are literally banned

Does the fact that they have PhDs not make them experts? Oh no, I'm sure you've read a bunch of osprey books with the pretty pictures and are now an experrt

Cunt

that's a completely different animal. Veeky Forums is for funposting

>muh PhD
>worshipping a piece of paper
University cultists are worse than creationists

>The fact that they consider themselves experts and post in a place intended for "actual experts" is enough of a reason for me not to want to go there. If I want to read scholarship, i'll go and read it. If I want to discuss it with Veeky Forums i'll go on Veeky Forums. Reddit has got an atrocious sense of humour compared to Veeky Forums, as unpopular as it is to suggest. We are sometimes too self-deprecating.

Almost as if there is some middle ground between monographs and talking shit online..

Don't let that stop your autistic hatred of reddit though.

>shill reddit on Veeky Forums
>act surprised when you get shat on

PhDs don't make you an expert. Having a shit ton of peer reviewed publications that have had a sizeable impact on the area on which you are writing is what makes you an expert.

Get out kiddo.

Why the hell do you redditor shitniggers come here to shill your faggot website? And how come mods aren't banning your shit?

not banned but sometimes a post gets downvote brigaded by leftists

the Veeky Forums community is not the same as it once was, it is on life support and chemo due to the efforts of hiroshimoot and might recover but I go elsewhere now

ITT: People salty that reddit has a better community and is actually less of an echo chamber than here

>/pol/ is an echo chamber therefore all of Veeky Forums is an echo chamber

> blaming everything on /pol/
You just proved my point

I go on 8ch because there you can at least get outright banned for saying you're from reddit.

I didn't blame anything on /pol/. it's a simple fact that it's an echo chamber.

go back, and stay back
>>>/R/eddit

>an echo chamber
It's open posting

so is the rest of Veeky Forums. why did you call it an echo chamber then if that is your standard?

>All images and discussion should pertain to the humanities: history, philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

What's AskHistorians?

I actually have a history degree so I occasionally go on AskHistorians to answer questions about my field

I like Veeky Forums more though. If I wanted a serious well thought out discussion I'd just talk to one of my colleagues.

>so is the rest of Veeky Forums
Not on Veeky Forums which instead of just not being /pol/ the mods are trying to act like it's anti-/pol/.

Example: try making a thread saying Germans are subhumans and degenerates who destroyed Europe and should be wiped out, etc. Then try making the exact same thread about Jews.

subreddit where people ask history questions, and people who may or may not be actual historians answer the questions.

So Reddit vs Veeky Forums is the sperg wars?

Is there anyway to verify they're actually historians?

The mods give tags to self-declared historians. That being said, it's rather easy to "identify" historians on Leddit simply because AskHistorians enforces book sources and bans wikipedia linking retards while Veeky Forums continues to beg for wikipedia link explaining their agenda.

>wikipedia linking retards
This happens all too often on Veeky Forums.

>study certain topic from primary sources and academic material for over a decade
>"nah m8 you're wrong here's a cuckpedia article that agrees with me"

>pretending that AH has anything to do with /r/funny or /r/videos

I think the question was

How can anyone seriously believe the holocaust was a myth?

I don't even thnk the holocaust was a myth desu but reddit just annoys me that they would even ask such a condescending question when academics is all about challenging ideas and asking questions.

SO anyone I responded with, what would the Japanese concentration camps in america look like if they ran out of food and had typhus outbreaks?

It would look just like Dachau which wasn't a death camp, it was a political prison for people such as Shusshnig and Niemoller. Even Jewish prisoners were liberated from this camp but it still looked like hell because of how bad condition were at liberation.

BANNED.

AskHistorians is for casuals who want to into history but too wary of infographic memes at best or too lazy to do the research themselves at worst.

I have a Masters in History and I'm not afraid to admit I check out wikipedia if I'm checking out a thread about a topic I'm not expert in.

Fair play to you if you only stick to threads where you have been studying primary sources and academic material for a decade. You can only possibly be that exprct in a couple of subjects at most, unless you are over exaggerating your expertise.

The problem with Veeky Forums isn't people linking Wikipedia, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you are smart enough and humble enough to understand you ain't some expert just because you read a Wiki page and you are capable of recognising when you are speaking to someone with genuine knowledge, however people with genuine knowledge are few and far between on Veeky Forums.

The problem with Veeky Forums is far too many people who don't even have what I call a "Wikipedia Tier" level of knowledge on a subject making things up off the top of their head, usually for /int/ style shitposting purposes.

Wikipedia should be 100% avoided if you're dealing with controversial topics like communism, nazis, etc. There's such an absurd degree of horseshit on there it should be completely disregarded.

Given that the majority of posters only have Veeky Forums infographic level of knowledge of anything to do with history I would still respectfully disagree.

Askhistorians is shit and is only liked by pseudo intellectuals or post grads who think they're experts because they can regurgitate what their professor said. Strict moderation (to a fucking absurd degree) and upboat system ensure you get the most generic and watered down answers, something you could easily get from Wikipedia. I wish the reddit shits who think that shithole is so great would go and stay there.

Username? I will check if u were banned, and what for

Mods give flairs to people who can show a history of answered questions that meet AH requirements