I'm considering joining the Free Masons. What should I expect? How "religious" do I have to be...

I'm considering joining the Free Masons. What should I expect? How "religious" do I have to be? Is not being christian but believing in a superior force is enough? Can I quit whenever I want without paying?

>How "religious" do I have to be? Is not being christian but believing in a superior force is enough?
Freemason is a spiritual system itself, with its own conceptions of God, ect.

Same.
My mother once mention that my great-grandfather being one might help me get in, is that true?

You have to be literally anything that isn't an atheist and you'll get in. You'll just be around old people who talk about history and their personal nostalgia, you're not going to go up the ranks and take control of George Soros or anything like that.

Why couldn't go up the ranks?

Are you of the lizard bloodline?

because your local mason lodge isn't influential

>What should I expect?
Devil worship

>Is not being christian but believing in a superior force is enough?
Yup. As long as it's some kind of superior power that you believe has created the universe.
>Can I quit whenever I want without paying?
Yup. More polite to say that you won't be going back, though.

Entirely false.

>ranks
As if you even know what that means.

>Entirely false.
Correct me, then.

He did.
You're the one who made the claim, so you have to prove it.

I'm not challenging anyone. Why exactly was my statement false? I'm seriously asking.

Why do you want to join them?
And do you really believe in a superior force or you would just accept to worship it even if you don't believe ?

Because its simply isn't true?

>Because its simply isn't true?
what is freemasonry then?

A glorified debate club that puts a lot of emphasis on rituals.

Is joining the Freemasons worth excommunication?

>A glorified debate club that puts a lot of emphasis on rituals.
So your saying there's debate (like any sect) that puts emphasis on rituals (like any sect)?

most people join to make business contacts, meet influent people and hear "insider" gossip

judaism?

Anyone?

Well, it's not a spiritual system, and has no conception of God. Etc.
It requires members to be religious and spiritual, and have their own belief in the deity, but Freemasonry imposes none.
It's the handmaid to religion, not a religion itself.

Thousands of Catholics and clergy think so. But they haven't been excommunicated for it.

It's not necessary, but if you join his lodge, you'll be bumped to the front of the queue. Otherwise family legacy doesn't really matter, only personal skills.

The hell?

Drinking bourbon and smoking cigars. Not much else to do.

>It's not necessary, but if you join his lodge, you'll be bumped to the front of the queue. Otherwise family legacy doesn't really matter, only personal skills.
Oh, that's unfortunate.
I'm not moving upstate to his small town just to become a Freemason.

Like i said, it doesn't really matter anyway.

Abbo + Irish = right,
Right + Scotsman = middle
Middle + Irishman = left

What does this have to do with the thread?